MERGED: Breaking News: Iverson traded to Nuggets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Iverson traded to Nuggets

Dre3000 said:
Just wait and see,I bet they become a contender now...No telling how far they may go now.BTW this sucks for all those other teams you just mentioned.
I don't think you have anything to worry about, really. IMO, the Suns [with a fully healthy Amare] and Spurs are the Top 2 teams in the West.

That Nuggets lineup looks more like an And1 team in my eyes. :lol: This is professional basketball, not street ball.

ChambersWI said:
what people need to realize is the 6ers wanted draft picks, and expiring contracts for AI, they weren't going to go after big name guys especially JR Smith (attitude, Plus they're set at swingman), or Nene ($60 million contract, and has yet to show he deserves it).

Basically, the 6ers got what they wanted, 3 first round picks in what looks to be a deep draft.

It was a good deal for both sides, and is definatly not a repeat of the Vince Carter trade (Andre Miller alone is better than Eric and Aaron Williams combined).

Will be interesting to see how both teams do with Miller arriving/gone. One of the 6ers main problems is lack of playmaking at PG (Kevin Ollie,Willie Green, and Louis Williams?), while Miller was the only guy on Denver who could distribute.

I think Millers contract is expiring too,maybe this trade makes a lil more sense.

Vertical Limit said:
I don't think you have anything to worry about, really. IMO, the Suns [with a fully healthy Amare] and Spurs are the Top 2 teams in the West.

That Nuggets lineup looks more like an And1 team in my eyes. :lol: This is professional basketball, not street ball.

It may look like that now,but:110 points per game before AI and with a slow point guard leading the way?And now they'll be able to press fullcourt like the old Sonics used to do. Karls life span as a coach is short,but if the parts fall together right they are gonna be a power.Also AI is one player the Spurs have really had problems stopping.

You think this team can challenge against the best? Who's going to play defense in the Nuggets? Camby isn't the same player he used to be.

Against the Heat earlier this season, this team lacked defense on the paint. Alonzo had his way against them, and Alonzo isn't even much of a scoring threat. Their defense is pathetic (I am willing to say that the Suns have better defense than the Nuggets), and when the other teams figure it out, they will get exposed.

They can score all they want and win all those games in the regular season, but defense wins in the postseason.

Dre3000 said:
I think Millers contract is expiring too,maybe this trade makes a lil more sense.

Miller has 2 years left on his deal.

I hear a lot of people say this is like the Raps trading VC. Ther is a huge difference. The 6ers got a relatively young PG in Miller who can create for himself and others, and have him for 2 years, and a PF in Joe Smith who's contract is expiring, but if they play him, can add offense. Plus, they;kk have 3 first round picks.

As of right now the Rapcs traded VC, for TJ Ford (Villanueva) and Joey Graham. Eric Williams and Aaron Williams barely contributed, and Zo never played for the Raps.

I dont know, I think Iverson did fine by himself, getting to the Championship. They dont need to get everyone else involved, if the team plays defense and Iverson/Melo put up in the playoffs the team is a nightmare matchup to guard.

Vertical Limit said:
You think this team can challenge against the best? Who's going to play defense in the Nuggets? Camby isn't the same player he used to be.

Against the Heat earlier this season, this team lacked defense on the paint. Alonzo had his way against them, and Alonzo isn't even much of a scoring threat. Their defense is pathetic (I am willing to say that the Suns have better defense than the Nuggets), and when the other teams figure it out, they will get exposed.

They can score all they want and win all those games in the regular season, but defense wins in the postseason.
You can say the Suns D is better, but thats debateable too.They still dont play great defense,yet they have been in the playoffs the last few years..See the NJ game they went to double overtime with.Like I said if the parts gel together like Denver thinks they will, they could cause some trouble.They more than likely arent winning anything this year, but they will contend.

They just wanted the 2 1st round picks. Miller is a added bonus while Smith is err ugh garbage. Damn it I wanted Iverson in Minny.

Vertical Limit said:
Nah, more than likely, you will see the picture in my avatar, except with two championship trophies (back to back). :D I heard Pat Riley plans to three-pete before he retires again.
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: W'ell see.Yall better hope you get Shaq and the rest of that supporting cast back healthy before you dont even make the playoffs....Its still very early but you all need to start piling up some victories soon.

Dre3000 said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: W'ell see.Yall better hope you get Shaq and the rest of that supporting cast back healthy before you dont even make the playoffs....Its still very early but you all need to start piling up some victories soon.
Beleive it or not, the record does not tell the whole story. Miami has been playing some good team basketball lately, but with a few injuries [Shaq and Jason Williams], we just haven't had enough depth to win games.

Yeah, we need Shaq back for he can share the minutes with Alonzo. Alonzo is playing his best basketball since the kidney transplant, but he can't handle the load.

Now that Jason Williams is back [still not 100%, but will get there soon], we're 8-1 with him starting. 8-0 when both Jason Williams and Dwyane Wade starting.

Dre3000 said:
I guess my first premonition was correct.:lol: I guess we get to watch him up here at the Pepsi Center.

Yep Dre....off to the Pepsi Center for me. I love it. :tongue: Sixers made out well.......YIPPIE!!!!!

It's a good deal for both teams. Even if the Sixers don't end up with Oden next years draft should be pretty deep. Joe Smith was part of the deal because he's an expiring contract. Bringing in AI gives the Nuggets a chance to maybe take Phoenix, SA, or Dallas to 5 games instead of being swept in the 2nd rd if they make it that far.

Back
Top Bottom