MERGED: Breaking News: Iverson traded to Nuggets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Breaking News: Iverson traded to Nuggets

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Well, the 76ers will have 3 first round picks to play with.

Yea but the two they traded for are projected to be in the 20s. Those arent that valuable in the NBA. They are nice throwins on a trade for a young player but Miller and Smith? Cmon, Miller is nice but to not get a really quality young player in return for Iverson, just projected 20something draft picks is lunacy.

I personally dont lyk the trade for denver. To me AI is just another scorer lyk anthony. What they really need to make that offense go is a point guard to distribute the ball lyk miller. IDK i dont think it was a great trade. It will put fans in seats but i think its a step back towards winning a championship. its doesnt put them over the top in my opinion

finfansince72 said:
Yea but the two they traded for are projected to be in the 20s. Those arent that valuable in the NBA. They are nice throwins on a trade for a young player but Miller and Smith? Cmon, Miller is nice but to not get a really quality young player in return for Iverson, just projected 20something draft picks is lunacy.

Oh, I don't like it, but three picks will be nice to have, they will have one lottery, so they could put a nice package together for something!

C Camby
PF Nene/Najera/Evans
SF Anthony
SG Smith
PG Iverson
Hmm....Nuggets might have something for a few seasons.

Dre3000 said:
C Camby
PF Nene/Najera/Evans
SF Anthony
SG Smith
PG Iverson
Hmm....Nuggets might have something for a few seasons.
the only problem i see is that they have no one to distribute the ball. Anthony and AI are ball hogs and Smith chucks up threes like theres no 2moro.

phinphan896 said:
the only problem i see is that they have no one to distribute the ball. Anthony and AI are ball hogs and Smith chucks up threes like theres no 2moro.
Im sure coach Karl has a plan of some sort...The thing is,its bad for Philly.They couldnt get anything better than an overrated Andre Miller?Denver made out.

lol. That line up will get them to the 2nd round or Conference championship, the furthest.

That lineup is filled with ball hogs and egos. The Spurs, Mavericks, and Suns still have more complete teams in the West.

Vertical Limit said:
lol. That line up will get them to the 2nd round or Conference championship, the furthest.

That lineup is filled with ball hogs and egos. The Spurs, Mavericks, and Suns still have more complete teams in the West.
Just wait and see,I bet they become a contender now...No telling how far they may go now.BTW this sucks for all those other teams you just mentioned.

Well, atleast I dont have to root against him here in the East. So much for Denver looseing 30+ points a game for 15 games now.

Oh yeah, King is an IDIOT.

what people need to realize is the 6ers wanted draft picks, and expiring contracts for AI, they weren't going to go after big name guys especially JR Smith (attitude, Plus they're set at swingman), or Nene ($60 million contract, and has yet to show he deserves it).

Basically, the 6ers got what they wanted, 3 first round picks in what looks to be a deep draft.

It was a good deal for both sides, and is definatly not a repeat of the Vince Carter trade (Andre Miller alone is better than Eric and Aaron Williams combined).

Will be interesting to see how both teams do with Miller arriving/gone. One of the 6ers main problems is lack of playmaking at PG (Kevin Ollie,Willie Green, and Louis Williams?), while Miller was the only guy on Denver who could distribute.

All the Sixers were asking for was expiring deals and picks. This has nothing to do with the talent level of Smith and Miller. Both will be gone at the end of the season if King can't buy them out sooner. The previous poster was right.....the Sixers are going for Oden. If they luck out they'll get the first overall pick, otherwise they have the ammo to trade up for it.

Its a good deal for the Sixers.....now if they can only find a way to dump Webber....I'm guessing buyout negotiations will be starting soon.

Back
Top Bottom