MERGED: Brock Marion arrested | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Brock Marion arrested

I worked in the CT Regional Auto Theft Task Force for 2 years and from the little that I read about this incident it looks like Brock is screwed.

JimmyNock said:
I worked in the CT Regional Auto Theft Task Force for 2 years and from the little that I read about this incident it looks like Brock is screwed.
Based on what you read, how long is he looking to spend in jail?

SUN-SENTINEL: Ex-Dolphins safety Marion charged with insurance fraud

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ay26,0,3798058.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Former Dolphins Pro Bowl safety Brock Marion is facing charges after police say he falsely reported a car stolen and bilked his insurance company out of more than $54,000.

Marion, who earned $810,000 with the Dolphins last season and signed a four-year contract with Detroit in March, was charged with filing a false insurance claim and grand theft.

.........If convicted of second-degree theft, Marion could face up to 15 years in prison. The other charge, insurance fraud in the third degree, carries a maximum sentence of five years.

ETA: Oops. Merge please. :smackhead:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=38834

LIQUID24 said:
You can't attack people here dude.

Members politely reminding others of board policies is welcome, of course, but I believe the "idiot" comment was directed at Brock Marion, not another member. And unfortunately, Brock appears to have earned the label.:(

P4E said:
Members politely reminding others of board policies is welcome, of course, but I believe the "idiot" comment was directed at Brock Marion, not another member. And unfortunately, Brock appears to have earned the label.:(
We don't know that yet. The man should be considered innocent until proven guilty.

Dolfan954 said:
We don't know that yet. The man should be considered innocent until proven guilty.
Thank you for clarifying that.:) I hope you noticed that the central purpose of my post was to make sure people weren't perceiving the "idiot" post as directed at YOU, -- it immediately followed a post in which you were graciously and self-deprecatingly acknowledging a minor oversight on your part.

Your point is right and I absolutely respect the principle behind it, and thus, I abide by it in nearly every overt action or comment. But I gotta tell you -- and I don't offer this point to be argumentative -- as a matter of personal perspective, I no longer presume someone convicted of a crime to be guilty, nor do I presume the acquitted to necessarily be innocent. I'd be willing to bet that you have some similar sentiments.

In any case, yes, Brock is considered innocent unless and until proven guilty. But he might still be an idiot, either way.;)

Unsure of how Florida law works, but in CT if you have a clean record you would probably get probation. I don't see him getting any jail time.

Dolfan954 said:

The often quoted "Innocent until proven guilty" pertains to the criminal justice system not executing a sentence upon an accused until proven guilty by a court of law. As individuals we are free to reach conclusions prior to a trial. For instance, I wouldn't invite an accused, yet unconvicted, rapist or child molester to work in my house. And I probably wouldn't lend Brock the keys to my car. :)

Back
Top Bottom