Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

Wait. This is from the same Alabama team that has to score with their defense to win games? No thanks.

Kev83 said:
Croyle has the strongest arm in the SEC...his accuracy is about average.

Average accuracy in college usualy means terrible in the pros, where the window to fit the ball is a lot smaller.

Besides, when Kyle Boller came out of college his thing was "super arm, average accuracy" His halmark moment was throwing a ball through the uprights on his knees at the 40 or something...

That arm strength sure has gotten him to a lot of probowls, huh? ;)

Meanwhile guys like Brady who dont have a howitzer for an arm but are accurate like a sniper continue to rack up MVP votes.

ckparrothead said:
But, I'll say this. Two minutes left. Game is tied. You're facing a tough defense with an inexperienced receiving corp, bad to mediocre offensive line, and an offensive playbook designed for running the ball on first, second, and third. The Texas Tech D has been playing soft on the flats all game long but now has decided to squat on the short outside routes. What do you do? Croyle threads passes over the middle to the tight end for 17 yards, then to Brooks for 10 yards, then to Keith Brown for 24 yards to get the Tide in position to kick the game winning FG. It's like a less-polished Brady.

Ckparrothead,

That's a great assessment...I'd say Croyle has great potential that he unfortunately was not able to polish in Bama's system. He is a leader, though, and has much more big game and clutch performances than his SEC counterpart, Cutler.

Phinja said:
Wait. This is from the same Alabama team that has to score with their defense to win games? No thanks.

Average accuracy in college usualy means terrible in the pros, where the window to fit the ball is a lot smaller.

Besides, when Kyle Boller came out of college his thing was "super arm, average accuracy" His halmark moment was throwing a ball through the uprights on his knees at the 40 or something...

That arm strength sure has gotten him to a lot of probowls, huh? ;)

Meanwhile guys like Brady who dont have a howitzer for an arm but are accurate like a sniper continue to rack up MVP votes.

Kyle Boller was a first round pick. Brodie Croyle is a late round pick. Big difference. And the book isn't closed on Kyle Boller yet either.

Nothing bugs me more than when someone replies online to a message forum like "I am a close fan of the ____" or "I like to follow ____ hobby" ... yadda yadda ...

BIG DEAL!! We all liek football and probably watch just as much as you type of people. Just because you follow X league, team, hobby, fetish, doesn't mean we all should stop and take your info more seriously. :rolleyes:

Schleprock said:
Nothing bugs me more than when someone replies online to a message forum like "I am a close fan of the ____" or "I like to follow ____ hobby" ... yadda yadda ...

BIG DEAL!! We all liek football and probably watch just as much as you type of people. Just because you follow X league, team, hobby, fetish, doesn't mean we all should stop and take your info more seriously. :rolleyes:

What it means is that while a bunch of people in the thread are probably judging Croyle based on seeing at most a total of 5 minutes of him passing the ball, the person who is a fan of the team has probably seen every pass he's thrown this year.

His accuracy is quite a bit better than Boller's was. In his best year Boller hit 53.4% of his passes. Croyle is at 60%...

How is that even close?

Last year Croyle before his injury was at 66%. He can be a very good QB and has many factors similar to Brady.

ckparrothead said:
Kyle Boller was a first round pick. Brodie Croyle is a late round pick. Big difference. And the book isn't closed on Kyle Boller yet either.
Oh really? Is that more of your "professional insight" here? :rolleyes:

I live in Baltimore...and I'll tell you that the only reason Boller is still playing is because of Billick's ego and the fact there is NO ONE out there to bring in that would be as effective in learning the offense so quickly, etc.. That's why the book isn't closed yet. The free agent QB market isn't that great this offseason as well, so that leaves Boller as the only real option again. I'll bet either Ramsey or Kitna is in Baltimore next offseason as competition though, and if so will be the starter.

Schleprock said:
Oh really? Is that more of your "professional insight" here? :rolleyes:

I live in Baltimore...and I'll tell you that the only reason Boller is still playing is because of Billick's ego and the fact there is NO ONE out there to bring in that would be as effective in learning the offense so quickly, etc.. That's why the book isn't closed yet. The free agent QB market isn't that great this offseason as well, so that leaves Boller as the only real option again. I'll bet either Ramsey or Kitna is in Baltimore next offseason as competition though, and if so will be the starter.

Excuse me? Who the heck are you? Did I sleep with your mother and sister or something?

Kind of ironic how you just posted about how sick you are of people saying "I'm a fan of _____ and let me tell you..." yet when the situation is CONVENIENT for you you're all too quick to whip out the "I live in Baltimore and let me tell you..."

Yeah. That's quality right there. Thanks for giving us all a laugh at true hypocrisy in action.

ckparrothead said:
Excuse me? Who the heck are you? Did I sleep with your mother and sister or something?

Kind of ironic how you just posted about how sick you are of people saying "I'm a fan of _____ and let me tell you..." yet when the situation is CONVENIENT for you you're all too quick to whip out the "I live in Baltimore and let me tell you..."

Yeah. That's quality right there. Thanks for giving us all a laugh at true hypocrisy in action.

Same thing I saw and wondered wow, didn't he just what??? :sidelol:

ckparrothead said:
It was obvious today that Croyle just doesn't get a whole lot of help from his receiving corp. They were out there running the wrong routes and bumping into each other, they looked pretty bad at times. Keith Brown will be a heck of a receiver as soon as he figures out what he's doing. He's got a lot of athleticism. Croyle was like a babysitter at times.

But, I'll say this. Two minutes left. Game is tied. You're facing a tough defense with an inexperienced receiving corp, bad to mediocre offensive line, and an offensive playbook designed for running the ball on first, second, and third. The Texas Tech D has been playing soft on the flats all game long but now has decided to squat on the short outside routes. What do you do? Croyle threads passes over the middle to the tight end for 17 yards, then to Brooks for 10 yards, then to Keith Brown for 24 yards to get the Tide in position to kick the game winning FG. It's like a less-polished Brady.

Well CK, since you gave an in depth review and everyone else basically wrote him off already cus he is not Cutler, I will take your view with much more credibility. If he is like a less polished Brady, then I think we could be getting him. The other guy I think we will look at more is Shockley, but what do I know?

Lets keep in mind here that Saban drafted matt Flynn and he didnt do anything until the other night. So people need to keep things in perspective.

finfan54 said:
Well CK, since you gave an in depth review and everyone else basically wrote him off already cus he is not Cutler, I will take your view with much more credibility. If he is like a less polished Brady, then I think we could be getting him. The other guy I think we will look at more is Shockley, but what do I know?

Lets keep in mind here that Saban drafted matt Flynn and he didnt do anything until the other night. So people need to keep things in perspective.

I assume you mean Matt Roth?

Well Roth has a very good starter in front of him. Roth was a steal and still is in my mind.

Jaj said:
Same thing I saw and wondered wow, didn't he just what??? :sidelol:

Wait for it...I can almost hear the furious typing, fumbling over his own fingers deciding what to say to "get me"...can almost hear the steam coming out of his ears....

ckparrothead said:
Wait for it...I can almost hear the furious typing, fumbling over his own fingers deciding what to say to "get me"...can almost hear the steam coming out of his ears....

Anyway onto bigger and better discussion, who do you like more CK, Whitehurst, Croyle, or Betts out of the candidates for big-armed QBs who could be had in the middle rounds.

ckparrothead said:

Kinda different saying "I am a fan of the SEC" (ie. watching a bunch of games on TV)...and "I actually live IN BALTIMORE" (ie. as in a 5 mile jaunt to the stadium, every 5pm on the News, nauseating post game coverage interruption, players live at bars). I'm not a fan of the team, nor could care less. Therefore my opinions aren't biased. I hope they have Boller QB-ing for a long time. Because I cannot stand the team and love watching them suck, something that will continue with him playing.

Some guy saying I am afan of the SEC and all that goes on, compared to some guy who constantly thinks he's Ron friggin Wolf on a message board with 14,000+ posts and is talking about a specific QB situaition in a city 1500 miles away from where another poster is miles from, is a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom