Merged: Brodie Croyle | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Brodie Croyle

I hadn't really considered Betts much of a candidate for Mami but between Croyle and Whitehurst I think Croyle genuinely grades higher. This is because Croyle does not has as many pronounced deficiencies as Whitehurst. They both have really strong arms and for all the talk, pretty good accuracy. Both of their accuracy percentages are manufactured a bit by their offenses...the Clemson offense is run-run-screen, basically. Half the passes Charlie ends up throwing are high percentage screens, flats or slants. Croyle goes through a bit of that too, most of his passes being flats and short as well with some long balls stuck in there. Whitehurst has really good speed for his size...excellent size too. But from what I've seen, Croyle's pretty nimble too he just doesn't turn his speed into positive yards preferring to buy time instead. Whitehurst probably times better.

The difference, aside from leadership, is that Charlie clearly does NOT see the field. At least, not in my experience watching him. He suffers from very pronounced tunnel vision. He doesn't even see half the field. He can miss things that are happening not more than 5 yards to the left or right of whatever he's focusing on out there. Unless someone can somehow implant field vision into his head, he will be an inferior candidate to Croyle.

The lower round guys I like for this offense are Hackney, Croyle, Whitehurst, Nealy, and Meyer...in no particular order. Omar Jacobs could get back on that list if he has a good combine throwing the ball and he gets a QB coach that works with him on dropback mechanics and shows promise during his individual workouts.

Man am I out of breath. I'm watching VTech-Louisville and I had a three-bet parlay with UF over Iowa (pick'em), Alabama over Texas Tech (+3.5), and Virginia Tech over Louisville (-9). $20 to win $120. Two of them already went my way but it looked like VT was not going to get that 10 point lead over Louisville....until Anderson intercepted Louisville and ran it for a TD. I was running all over the house screaming, lol.

ckparrothead said:
I hadn't really considered Betts much of a candidate for Mami but between Croyle and Whitehurst I think Croyle genuinely grades higher. This is because Croyle does not has as many pronounced deficiencies as Whitehurst. They both have really strong arms and for all the talk, pretty good accuracy. Both of their accuracy percentages are manufactured a bit by their offenses...the Clemson offense is run-run-screen, basically. Half the passes Charlie ends up throwing are high percentage screens, flats or slants. Croyle goes through a bit of that too, most of his passes being flats and short as well with some long balls stuck in there. Whitehurst has really good speed for his size...excellent size too. But from what I've seen, Croyle's pretty nimble too he just doesn't turn his speed into positive yards preferring to buy time instead. Whitehurst probably times better.

The difference, aside from leadership, is that Charlie clearly does NOT see the field. At least, not in my experience watching him. He suffers from very pronounced tunnel vision. He doesn't even see half the field. He can miss things that are happening not more than 5 yards to the left or right of whatever he's focusing on out there. Unless someone can somehow implant field vision into his head, he will be an inferior candidate to Croyle.

The lower round guys I like for this offense are Hackney, Croyle, Whitehurst, Nealy, and Meyer...in no particular order. Omar Jacobs could get back on that list if he has a good combine throwing the ball and he gets a QB coach that works with him on dropback mechanics and shows promise during his individual workouts.

Man am I out of breath. I'm watching VTech-Louisville and I had a three-bet parlay with UF over Iowa (pick'em), Alabama over Texas Tech (+3.5), and Virginia Tech over Louisville (-9). $20 to win $120. Two of them already went my way but it looked like VT was not going to get that 10 point lead over Louisville....until Anderson intercepted Louisville and ran it for a TD. I was running all over the house screaming, lol.

Yep it's the new year :lol:

Jaj said:
His accuracy is quite a bit better than Boller's was. In his best year Boller hit 53.4% of his passes. Croyle is at 60%...

How is that even close?

Last year Croyle before his injury was at 66%. He can be a very good QB and has many factors similar to Brady.

Hmmmm.... so Croyle is a whopping 6.6% more accurate than Boller? Well that changes everything!

We passed a grand total of 556 times this season. that averages out to about 35 times a game. So that means Croyle would have hit 1.5 more passes each game than Boller. You were right Croyle is SO much more accurate! :sidelol:

Phinja said:
Hmmmm.... so Croyle is a whopping 6.6% more accurate than Boller? Well that changes everything!

We passed a grand total of 556 time this season. that avgers out to about 35 times a game. So that means Croyle would have hit 1.5 more passes each game than Boller. You were right Croyle is SO much more accurate! :sidelol:

There is a huge difference in 53.5% and 60% comp. percentage. A HUGE difference.

CashInFist said:
There is a huge difference in 53.5% and 60% comp. percentage. A HUGE difference.

Sure! a 1.5 completions a game difference. Huge.

Phinja said:

We passed a grand total of 556 time this season. that avgers out to about 35 times a game. So that means Croyle would have hit 1.5 more passes each game than Boller. You were right Croyle is SO much more accurate! :sidelol:

Are you a complete and utter idiot? I'm sorry if that's breaking the TOS or whatever but that's just completely stupid logic. Completely...

Do you have any idea what just said?

That a 60% accuracy percentage doesn't make a difference over 53%?

That's the difference between a starting QB in the NFL and a BUST :sidelol:

Mod Edit: Tone it down please. Insulting another member is never OK.

Phinja said:

Actually from like 52% accuracy to 58% or 59% accuracy is a pretty big jump. No offense or anything.

Boller and Croyle are different kinds of players though. Anyone who evaluates them will see that. I'm not saying Croyle is better at all. There's a reason he's going to be drafted 3rd or 4th and Boller was a first rounder.

LMAO @ Parrot... too funny...

I was thinking the same thing you were when Croyle was directing that last minute drive. He seemed to be cool and calm, made the throws and put them in FG range.. I felt like I was watching "in your words" a less polished Brady. Nothing spectacular, just making the throws needed to get the job done. I wouldn't mind Croyle in the later in day one...

mphelp2 said:
Tech's D ranked 24 in the nation this year. Not a bad defense. You also have to remember that his best target, Prothro, broke his leg against Floria earlier this year.

I think he's the real deal.
And his leading wr is out all game. No one said why during the broadcast.

Now, I'll admit, if that 1.5 happens to be a game winning OT touchdown, then it is a big difference. Also if one QB averages 15 yds/att and the othe 10 that makes a differance too. But all things being equal a 6.6% increase isnt huge.

Phinja said:
Sure! a 1.5 completions a game difference. Huge.

How many more games would the 1-2 completions set up the score we needed to win the game? That would be 24 more completions a year. You think we may be able to pull out 2-3 more wins with the extra completions? Yeah, I do too.

EDIT: Actually, if we really do attempt 35 passes a game it is 1.74 completions better with a 6.6% increase in accuracy. that would equal 27.84 extra completions per season.

Phinja said:
Now, I'll admit, if that 1.5 happens to be a game winning OT touchdown, then it is a big difference. Also if one QB averages 15 yds/att and the othe 10 that makes a differance too. But all things being equal a 6.6% increase isnt huge.

I think some folks in this thread need to do some research and compare the accuracy percentages of good QBs and bad QBs in the NFL. It would give you a whole lot more appreciation for that extra 7%.

Croyle is OK, but needs work on accuracy and consistency. My guess: 4th RDer; 2 years away from competing as a starter. Nice prospect/project tho'.

DorsalPhin said:
Croyle is OK, but needs work on accuracy and consistency. My guess: 4th RDer; 2 years away from competing as a starter. Nice prospect/project tho'.

You may be right about a 4th round prospect but I would definately be OK with Saban drafting him with our 3rd round pick. He is a gamer that knows how to win.

Well if we're going to compare Brady and Croyle here's the stats from their final seasons.

Brady 1999- Att. Compl. Completion % P. Yards TDs Ints
295 180 61 % 2217 16 6

Croyle 2005- 339 202 59.5 2499 14 4

Back
Top Bottom