Merged: Chad Jackson in the first | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Jackson in the first

^^^^Oh and for the record... I HATE the stupid broncos. I hat e them more than I hate the stupid pats. Trust me. thats alot of hate. but just a point

Itsdahumidity said:
Cool. Maybe I should have included a "just my opinion." :D
But I disagree w/you about UF's wr history:

"solid careers?"
Ike Hilliard + Reidel Anthony = drafted in 1st rd
Jacquez Green = 2nd rd
Travis Taylor = 1st
Jabar Gaffney = 2nd
Reche Caldwell = 2nd
Taylor Jacobs = 2nd

We're supposed to learn from history right? So staying on the thread's topic, do you really want to spend the 16th pick on this type of player or draft someone else.

Thats my whole point. Those guys have nothing to do with Chad Jackson. Its that stereotype, "This type of player". I have no problem admiting Florida WRs have been less than stellar in the NFL, my issue is knocking Chad Jackson because he went to Florida.

SpeedRush99 said:
I love the stereotypes around here. Maybe to extent it is deserved. Its true Gator WRs haven't exactly lit up the NFL, what school's WRs have? When was the last time a Gator WR was arguably the Top WR in the draft? I could careless how past players from any school turned out in the pros. That has nothing to do with the current player.

Has everyone forgotten Wes Chandler? Nat Moore? or even Cris Collinsworth for that matter.

BlueFin said:
Has everyone forgotten Wes Chandler? Nat Moore? or even Cris Collinsworth for that matter.

LOL I hear you Blue, but I'm talking recent. Mid 90s & up. We can all agree Spurrier's Fun N Gun offense set those prospects up for failure but what about when he left? Did they completely change the scheme? Anyone?

Please do not draft Chad Jackson.....

this guy is going to be such a bust it isnt even funny.

Averaged 10 YPC in 2005 which is pathetic. Totally shut out against Georgia and LSU ( The only tough games UF played 8 catches for 50 yards).

The thing that stands out to me the most is the Sugar Bowl in 2004 against Miami when Jackson was about to be hit and he slid like a QB. Probably the softest play I have ever seen in the history of football.

Jaquez Green, Taylor Jacobs, Travis Taylor, Ike Hilliard, Riedel Anthony.......UF WR's that have gone bust because they are soft and really dont give a crap about playing ball. They just wanna get paid.

I'm not saying teams shouldn't draft C. Jackson in the first because he's going to bust, but we can't ignore the trend. Maybe it's how they

recruit/teach that position idk. There has got to be a reason ... and just because it is not clear to us doesn't mean a reason doesn't exist.

For the record I want Jackson to succeed (as long as he doesn't get drafted in our div), but I will not be surprised if the football world is not talking about him in 4 to 5 yrs from now.

while I totally agree with you...........I have just one question..........

Why wouldn't you just put this in the Chad Jackson thread that was already at the top of th page???

I hate being buried at the bottom of a thread....

my posts are that insightful.

Itsdahumidity said:
LOL I hear you Blue, but I'm talking recent. Mid 90s & up. We can all agree Spurrier's Fun N Gun offense set those prospects up for failure but what about when he left? Did they completely change the scheme? Anyone?

Yes they changed when Spurrier left. Zook ran more of a pro style system but did't have any top notch WRs. Now Meyer is there and runs a very different, spread option system, and has loads of WR talent.

SpeedRush99 said:
This is getting ridiculous.

Yeah this is! Doesn't anyone realize this is not a Steve Spurrier WR? I mean he has great speed and Great hands. The Florida Offense was horrible and look at the NCAA rankings in the Best defenses in the country. Alot came from the SEC.

Santonio Holmes is the best WR in the draft IMO....I would be be very happy if we drafted him.

I think that same thing happened with Troy Williamson last year where his impressive workout numbers propelled him above players who had proven to be better football players than him throughout college. I think that the Vikings made a mistake taking him over Mike Williams or Mark Clayton....but only time will tell.

well, i just said it in the other thread, but I'll say it again here....IMO, S.Holmes is the best WR in the draft.

we should come back to this thread in 4-5 years and see who was right :lol:

Back
Top Bottom