Merged: Chad Jackson in the first | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Chad Jackson in the first

Holmes

Santonio Holmes will without question be a better pro than Jackson.

Jackson is not a Saban type of player. He will not draft him.

We don't need a WR right now. I don't think we'll take a WR until the 2nd day

burger13 said:
Santonio Holmes is the best WR in the draft IMO....I would be be very happy if we drafted him.

I think that same thing happened with Troy Williamson last year where his impressive workout numbers propelled him above players who had proven to be better football players than him throughout college. I think that the Vikings made a mistake taking him over Mike Williams or Mark Clayton....but only time will tell.

good point

Finfan14 said:

And your basis for this what? How is he not a Saban type player?

Finfan14 said:

how is Jackson not a "Saban type player"? He has the speed, size, hands. Did Nick tell you this or something?

burger13 said:
Santonio Holmes is the best WR in the draft IMO....I would be be very happy if we drafted him.

I think that same thing happened with Troy Williamson last year where his impressive workout numbers propelled him above players who had proven to be better football players than him throughout college. I think that the Vikings made a mistake taking him over Mike Williams or Mark Clayton....but only time will tell.

I don't see the comparison. How exactly has Holmes "proven to be a better football player throughout college" than Jackson???

why did these merge. one is pro chad, the other was against chad? Not sure I agree with them merging

Finfan14 said:
this guy is going to be such a bust it isnt even funny.

Averaged 10 YPC in 2005 which is pathetic. Totally shut out against Georgia and LSU ( The only tough games UF played 8 catches for 50 yards).

The thing that stands out to me the most is the Sugar Bowl in 2004 against Miami when Jackson was about to be hit and he slid like a QB. Probably the softest play I have ever seen in the history of football.

Jaquez Green, Taylor Jacobs, Travis Taylor, Ike Hilliard, Riedel Anthony.......UF WR's that have gone bust because they are soft and really dont give a crap about playing ball. They just wanna get paid.
Ok I get it...you don't like Chad Jackson. You went to some website and looked up his stats and you assume you know what kind of player he is. Check you stats again because Chad wasn't totally shut out against any team last year.

I can't believe I'm giving you the satisfaction of responding. Must be a slow day for me.

Geforce said:
Ok I get it...you don't like Chad Jackson. You went to some website and looked up his stats and you assume you know what kind of player he is. Check you stats again because Chad wasn't totally shut out against any team last year.

I can't believe I'm giving you the satisfaction of responding. Must be a slow day for me.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

How about this....

Chad Jackson in big games in 2005.....

VS. Tenn 8 catches 53 yards (6 YPC) 0 TD
VS. Bama 8 cathces 50 yards (6.3 YPC) 0 TD
VS. LSU 5 catches 29 yards (5.8 YPC) 0 TD
VS. Georgia 3 catches 21 yards (7 YPC) 0 TD

I am not counting FSU. They suck and mailed it in.

Santonio Holmes in big games in 2005....

VS Texas 4 catches 73 yards (18 YPC) 1 TD
VS. Penn St. 4 catches 41 yards (10 YPC)
VS Michigan St 5 cathces 150 yards (30 YPC) 2 TD
VS Michigan 6 cathces 72 yards (12 YPC) 1 TD
VS Notre Dame 5 catches 129 yards (24 YPC) 1 TD

get the point?

Finfan14 said:
this guy is going to be such a bust it isnt even funny.

Averaged 10 YPC in 2005 which is pathetic. Totally shut out against Georgia and LSU ( The only tough games UF played 8 catches for 50 yards).

The thing that stands out to me the most is the Sugar Bowl in 2004 against Miami when Jackson was about to be hit and he slid like a QB. Probably the softest play I have ever seen in the history of football.

Jaquez Green, Taylor Jacobs, Travis Taylor, Ike Hilliard, Riedel Anthony.......UF WR's that have gone bust because they are soft and really dont give a crap about playing ball. They just wanna get paid.

that is a great number, I dont see that as pathetic at all. Im really wondering if you understand football at all

10 YPC is great?

you understand that YPC menas yards per catch?

Finfan14 said:
How about this....

Chad Jackson in big games in 2005.....

VS. Tenn 8 catches 53 yards (6 YPC) 0 TD
VS. Bama 8 cathces 50 yards (6.3 YPC) 0 TD
VS. LSU 5 catches 29 yards (5.8 YPC) 0 TD
VS. Georgia 3 catches 21 yards (7 YPC) 0 TD

I am not counting FSU. They suck and mailed it in.

Santonio Holmes in big games in 2005....

VS Texas 4 catches 73 yards (18 YPC) 1 TD
VS. Penn St. 4 catches 41 yards (10 YPC)
VS Michigan St 5 cathces 150 yards (30 YPC) 2 TD
VS Michigan 6 cathces 72 yards (12 YPC) 1 TD
VS Notre Dame 5 catches 129 yards (24 YPC) 1 TD

get the point?

Just curious, but how about comparing where these Defenses ranked in the country. SEC has very good defenses while Michigan State and Notre Dame play terrible pass D. I actually think both are going to be very good in the NFL because of their speed and the new rules in favour of offenses. But showing the games against crappy d's doesn't prove your point. Holmes did play well against Texas but Penn St and Michigan were very average games.

Finfan14 said:
10 YPC is great?

you understand that YPC menas yards per catch?

yes I do. That is great to move the ball. It doesn't mean he never had any big catches. Just because he didn't go deep every play doesn't make him a bad WR. It shows he will help his team move the ball. There is more to the game than big plays

Back
Top Bottom