Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today

I have a feeling Denver will screw us so badly. We are going to wait 5 days while they flirt with other RB's, or other RB's get signed and then they will sign him and we will be left with nothing.

Matching makes no sense. My understanding is they could have given him a second round tender at not much money - far less than this. Would be a major screw up by Denver.

well.....he would probably be one of the few backs that would be OK as a rotational player for us. But seeing how much money we still have available it really hurts to see this front office not keep Miller here.

CJ is a better all around back than Miller.

In the post season this past year Denver relied on Anderson more then Hillman.
Hillman only had 33 touches for 152 yards and no scores in 3 games.
Anderson had 63 touches for 273 yards and 2 scores.
Anderson was the one in there to seal the deal in the Super Bowl and scored the deciding TD.
Anderson was solid in this past post season and certainly has earned this payday. Very similar to Miller. Better resume.

Blue, don't forget who Miller had in front of him opening holes for him. What he did...with the atrocious O-line he played behind his whole career accounts for something. Agree?

I love Miller's speed and big play ability....but he doesn't break tackles....and his pass protect isn't great.

Cj Anderson
Cj Anderson – Verified account ‏@cjandersonb22

It's really gone be a long 5 days I tell you that
6:25 PM - 10 Mar 2016
258 RETWEETS676 LIKES

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Cj Anderson
Cj Anderson – Verified account ‏@cjandersonb22

No 1 has me I just know it's going to be a waiting game
6:29 PM - 10 Mar 2016

This whole notion of Lamar Miller not breaking tackles is bunk. The reason his numbers may be construed as lower than others is because of his great vision in getting to the second level with his one cut ability. Ajayi may have appeared to be better to some but doesn't have the same abilities as Miller to freeze LB's in lanes and cut thru another. Ajayi might have more power but was hit earlier and closer to the LOS, hence his lower yards per carry.

Matching makes no sense. My understanding is they could have given him a second round tender at not much money - far less than this. Would be a major screw up by Denver.

Andyman has this one spot on.

Looks like CJ Anderson will be a Dolphin.

Of course they're gonna match. They just lost both QBs and a bunch of people on defense and are now seriously considering Kapearnick a QB. They are desperately trying to hold on to any talent

The OL actually was decent at run blocking. Miller didn't have a lack of production. He had a lack of carries that skewed his numbers.

According to Football Outsiders, the Dolphins OL was 28th of 32 in run blocking last year based on adjusted line yards (the explanation is at the below link but it tries to separate the contribution the OL makes to the run game vs the running back):

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

According to Football Outsiders, the Dolphins OL was 28th of 32 in run blocking last year based on adjusted line yards (the explanation is at the below link but it tries to separate the contribution the OL makes to the run game vs the running back):

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

He was referring to the comment that Denver had "horrible" run blocking in post #341.

He was referring to the comment that Denver had "horrible" run blocking in post #341.

Ah ok. Thought he was referring to Miller's production behind the Dolphins line.

The Denver OL was 17th of 32 in runblocking by that same measure of "adjusted line yards" which is one of 5 stats they have listed to evaluate an O-Line's runblocking (but appears to be the primary one)

This whole notion of Lamar Miller not breaking tackles is bunk. The reason his numbers may be construed as lower than others is because of his great vision in getting to the second level with his one cut ability. Ajayi may have appeared to be better to some but doesn't have the same abilities as Miller to freeze LB's in lanes and cut thru another. Ajayi might have more power but was hit earlier and closer to the LOS, hence his lower yards per carry.

Hey...I like Lamar Miller...wish we could have kept him because I love his speed which leads to chunk yards.

But he is not as good an all around runningback as Anderson.

The way I see it is Denver owes us for giving them home field advantage through the playoffs. C.J would be a nice gift

Back
Top Bottom