Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: CJ Anderson Super Thread- Offer sheet decision today

Hey...I like Lamar Miller...wish we could have kept him because I love his speed which leads to chunk yards.

But he is not as good an all around runningback as Anderson.

I can honor that but I dont agree. Though Anderson has had the opportunity to work under some really good OC's and coaches to become well rounded. IMO, Miller has worked hard to make himself a very good all around back.

Of course they're gonna match. They just lost both QBs and a bunch of people on defense and are now seriously considering Kapearnick a QB. They are desperately trying to hold on to any talent

They cant match... They only have 18 million, the additional 5 million they would have to give CJ would drop them down to 13. They dont even have a full 53 man roster yet. That would be 49 players signed with 13 million in cap. So unless kaep or whatever bum they pick up at qb, unless they are playing for free and still want to sign draft picks then they cant afford him.

According to Football Outsiders, the Dolphins OL was 28th of 32 in run blocking last year based on adjusted line yards (the explanation is at the below link but it tries to separate the contribution the OL makes to the run game vs the running back):

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

That's interesting. We'll never know if Miller could've matched Adrian Peterson's production had he ran the ball as often as AP did. Miller could've at least racked up 1,250-1,500 yards had they committed to run more than they did.

Take away Miller's 85 yard td run and his average would be 4.1 yards per carry. Just saying it seems like one run seems to be the difference between everyone praising Miller or the same people saying he only rushed for 786 and 4.1 ypc and needs to be replaced. If Houston's safty doesn't miss the tackle this discussion could look a lot different. Another way to look at it is with out that great game in Houston Miller finishes the season with 697 yards on 180 carries an and a 3.9 ypc average. He also has six 100 yards rushing games in the past two seasons. That's not all on Miller, a big portion of the blame goes to the line and how he was used by the coaching staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, would be surprised if Denver matched considering the RFA status on CJ and them having the ability to tender him and receive compensation if a team wanted to negotiate. Shocked if they do it because of the high cap hit in 2016 via the way Miami structured the deal.

Per rotoworld:

Mike Klis of 9 News Denver said "don't be surprised" if the Broncos match Miami's four-year, $18 million offer sheet for restricted free agent RB C.J. Anderson.
Klis acknowledges that Denver "badly misread" Anderson's market, failing to give him a second-round tender that likely would have kept him in the Mile High City. To get him back, they'll have to pay a little extra. The Broncos still have a world-class defense in place but their offense has huge holes to fill with Brock Osweiler gone and Anderson possibly on his way to Miami.

Hoping Klis is wrong. There are certainly enough Broncos fans clamoring for CJ's return that refusing to pay would be yet another unpopular move in a disaster offseason for them.

Denver seems to be holding us hostage on the waiting period. Doubt we'll see more signings until this deal is decided one way or another.

A lot of Dolphins fans:
wanted us to draft Todd Gurley
wanted to see Jay Ajayi get more reps
preferred what Knowshown Moreno was able to bring (albeit short lived).

Point being, Miller isn't the back you break the bank for. Not saying Anderson is better, but he's a good young physical back for a fraction of the price.

Per rotoworld:

Hoping Klis is wrong. There are certainly enough Broncos fans clamoring for CJ's return that refusing to pay would be yet another unpopular move in a disaster offseason for them.

This would be more than a miscalculation. How could they be that incredibly stupid more like it. With a second round tender at about $2.5 million, he would not get an offer sheet. They HAD to know with no compensation the offer would be far more than $2.5 million per year. Now that they'd have to pay $6 million in year one, they would look awfully foolish. I'd be shocked if they matched based on that.

Take away Miller's 85 yard td run and his average would be 4.1 yards per carry. Just saying it seems like one run seems to be the difference between everyone praising Miller or the same people saying he only rushed for 786 and 4.1 ypc and needs to be replaced. If Houston's safty doesn't miss the tackle this discussion could look a lot different. Another way to look at it is with out that great game in Houston Miller finishes the season with 697 yards on 180 carries an and a 3.9 ypc average. He also has six 100 yards rushing games in the past two seasons. That's not all on Miller, a big portion of the blame goes to the line and how he was used by the coaching staff.

It makes no sense to take away the 85 yard run. It was part of his season as he made it happen.

Dont teams usually take the full 5?

I can't answer that intelligently. I don't know.

Possibly could have worded the post better in simply stating that I doubt we'll see more signings until this deal is decided one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom