Merged: DJ Shockley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DJ Shockley

tmny99

Glory Glory to Ole Georgia
Reaction score
DJ Shockley

DJ Shockley could very well be the next QB of the Dolphins. He is flying under the radar, but I suspect that will change after the Senior Bowl. This was his first year leading Georgia's offense and he was the best quarterback in the Southeastern Conference (put up better numbers than Jay Cutler and Chris Leak). I could really see Saban making a move on Shockley. Saban has shown that he trusts his own knowledge of players and that he's willing to take players that he has either coached or coached against (three of the first four draft picks were out of the Southeastern Conference). Shockley is accurate, he has a big time arm, he makes all the throws, and is mobility is a huge bonus. He could flourish in Linehan's offense.

yeah i guess he could fit in scott linehans offense

Plus, I think Saban would rather take a QB later in the draft because if there is a defensive stud on the board, he would be chomping at the bits and might not be able to resist. Saban and Meuller are under the belief that good QBs can be "found."

I know one Dolphin that would approve. His former room mate and receiver is already on the team.

tmny99 said:
DJ Shockley could very well be the next QB of the Dolphins. He is flying under the radar, but I suspect that will change after the Senior Bowl. This was his first year leading Georgia's offense and he was the best quarterback in the Southeastern Conference (put up better numbers than Jay Cutler and Chris Leak). I could really see Saban making a move on Shockley. Saban has shown that he trusts his own knowledge of players and that he's willing to take players that he has either coached or coached against (three of the first four draft picks were out of the Southeastern Conference). Shockley is accurate, he has a big time arm, he makes all the throws, and is mobility is a huge bonus. He could flourish in Linehan's offense.

Ive never been a Big shockley fan

He is a great college QB but nothing I have seen makes me believe he can do it in the Pro's

tmny99 said:

Very Possible, he too fits the MO of the kind of Qb we are looking for.

Alex22 said:
Ive never been a Big shockley fan

He is a great college QB but nothing I have seen makes me believe he can do it in the Pro's

What have you seen that says otherwise? 21 Tds 5 ints? Playing in the SEC?

kastofsna120 said:
he put up better numbers because he has better talent around him than cutler

He's got a running game (that was serious under-utilized), Leonard Pope (who defenses center their scheme around and sometimes gets lost in the game - e.g. SEC Championship game no catches in the 1st half) however, his receiving corp is probably the weakest unit on the team. A true freshman had to emerge because seniors had problems with dropping passes.

Shockley will never be QB of the Dolphins...

or any other NFL team for that matter. He's not that good. Charlie Whitehurst is the later round sleeper IMHO. He has a rifle arm and is more a pro style QB than many of the top QB's coming out. Much better than Shockley.

Nappy Roots said:
55% completion percent in college is bad

There's no way to incorporate dropped passes to that number. I watched every game and his receivers had a lot of problems with catching the ball. If you think it's frustating watching Chris Chambers, imagine watching three receivers dropping balls. At least CC gives you a highlight reel catch, these guys were seriously underachieving.

tmny99 said:

well hes has 14 TDs and 5 INTs agaisnt the SEC, with about a 53% completion percentage.

tmny99 said:
There's no way to incorporate dropped passes to that number. I watched every game and his receivers had a lot of problems with catching the ball. If you think it's frustating watching Chris Chambers, imagine watching three receivers dropping balls. At least CC gives you a highlight reel catch, these guys were seriously underachieving.
so if his receivers caught every ball, he'd have what...58% completion? still not that good

tmny99 said:

No his completion percentage, isnt good, and he misses open throws

if you want to go on pure stats then take Omar Jacobs

71 TD's to 11 INT's in his career for bowling green

I just dont see shockley as a NFL player

I think Omar Jacobs will be a better one although he plays in a weaker conference

Back
Top Bottom