Merged: DJ Shockley | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DJ Shockley

kastofsna120 said:
pennington is pretty good. that's a bad example

What about Giovanni Carmazzi? He was a better "pro prospect" than Brady too.

tmny99 said:
My first choice for the Phins at QB is Brady Quinn, however, if that doesn't happen, there's no telling who the Phins select. If Shockley ends up being an NFL star there will be plenty of crow to go around. It's too early to call, I want to see them on the field. That will happen in due time.

if DJ is drafted in the 5th round and becomes a "NFL star" everyone will be eating crow, including NFL GMs and Scouts

tmny99 said:
Come on people Vandy is not a much much much worse football team buddy. They almost beat FL in the Swamp and they beat Tennesee.

and have a losing record

yes vandy is a worse team, those are there 2 big games they come to play in no matter how bad they are

tmny99 said:
What about Giovanni Carmazzi? He was a better "pro prospect" than Brady too.
peyton manning was a better pro prospect than anyone in 1998. they were right

Nappy Roots said:
if DJ is drafted in the 5th round and becomes a "NFL star" everyone will be eating crow, including NFL GMs and Scouts

if DJ gets drafted in the 5th round and becomes a star ill give everyone here on finheaven 100 dollars

its not gonna happen

i think that decision comes down to who is left on our pick worth taking and if no one then cutler but i see us taking cutler either way as there are no reports of interest in shockley and constnat reports of miami loving cutler and quinn so i doubt it.

SweepeR said:
i think that decision comes down to who is left on our pick worth taking and if no one then cutler but i see us taking cutler either way as there are no reports of interest in shockley and constnat reports of miami loving cutler and quinn so i doubt it.

I was looking up cutler and I found a body builder named Jay Cutler, I was shocked lol

but your right I think Cutler will be our man

I may be a Georgia Bulldog homer, I dunno, but I think Shockley could be a good(maybe not great) QB in the NFL. I don't know how the hell all you people can be like, "give Lemon a shot" and then say Shockley will be a nothing in this league. Shockley has a dead on strike deep ball and can throw a 50 yarder on the money going to his opposite throwing side off his backfoot...Ive seen it. He could work a bit on his shorter range stuff but those are the most coachable throws. And yes, Georgia had a pathetic recieving corps that dropped on target throws and a lot of throws for TD's. Best reciever was there TE Pope and he has a little bit of the case of the dropsees too. On top of it all, the man can flat out move with his legs. A little faster and a little more shifty then say, Culpepper, just not as big. He has awesome character and very loyal to his team and teamates. And for all who love Vince Young...Shockley throws the ball better, and thats a fact. Cutler, who I don't want anyway, shouldn't go in the first 15 picks which is likely where we will likely be in the draft. I like Shockley in the 3rd or maybe 4th, but thats only b/c he has only started 1 year. Overall...above average accuracy, great arm strength, and great deep ball...works well with all the different recieving positions especially the TE which we all know Linehan loves. Not an immediate starter, but could be in his 2nd or definately his 3rd year. ryan.

I like what I've seen of Shockley. Those TD passes he threw last week against LSU were on the perfect trajectory and pace for the situation. I always prioritize that aspect very early, does the QB have the ability to make every throw? The Bobby Douglass-type strongarmed wingers will frustrate you in the end. The 40+ crowd will recognize that reference.

Still, Shockley couldn't beat out David Green, or even come close. Late last season when Green was hurt they put Shockley in the game and he was so inept Green later staggered back on the field just to be able to competently take the handoffs and save the game.

I would be pretty bummed.. I was never very impressed with him

Awsi Dooger said:
Still, Shockley couldn't beat out David Green, or even come close. Late last season when Green was hurt they put Shockley in the game and he was so inept Green later staggered back on the field just to be able to competently take the handoffs and save the game.
that was last year, though

Awsi Dooger said:
You do make a good enough point there. But the way they threw Shockley in and out of the games, I can see it being hard to get a rhythem(sp?). With Greene in there, Im pretty sure most of the preparation during the weeks practices was with Greene at the helm. Shockley had skills but the Dawgs threw him in there to keep the opponent honest. Like there way of saying "hope you gamplaned to stop a running QB". When they put Shockely in he pretty much just ran a lot of QB options and Qb runs. With all the snaps and preparation during practice this year, you saw what Shockely was capable of. I'll take Shockley in his senior year over D.Greenes anyday.

Im pretty sure he played at my wedding. He was late setting up put he sure could get the crowd on the dance floor.

Come on If you want to look at production, take Beschorner(spelling)

How can you bash a qb that 98% of you have only seen a stat line on. The guys that have a good read on a guy are the scouts and fans that watch him regularly. I have watched Shockley. I will not say that he won't be great and I will not say draft him in the 1st. But if we could wait and get him later I would be pleades w/ that.

I mean it was his first year starting. He was one of the the highest rated qb's going into college. He could have left UGA to start at almost any other school, instead he was a true teammate and chose to be loyal to the university, the team and the faithful DAWG Pound in Athens. That sounds alot like Ronnie now dosen't it. He only sat behind the winningest qb in SEC history(David Greene, not P. Manning)

Back
Top Bottom