Merged: DJ Shockley | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DJ Shockley

Schaub completed 66.98% of his passes, second best alltime NCAA history. (# 1 Tim Couch)

I was talking about Yong not Shockley! Akili was considered a can't miss like Young!

Well injury is part of the game! I will wait to really start opting for a qb until I can doo some scouting of my own!!!

tmny99 said:
DJ Shockley could very well be the next QB of the Dolphins. He is flying under the radar, but I suspect that will change after the Senior Bowl.

flying under who's radar? espn's? your local newspaper's? sure he is, but he's not flying under nfl scouts radars...come on bro

Exactly! Everyone is hoping Quinn comes out, if he does he will be gone before Lienart and we would have to give up a 1sr and 2nd and probably a stud player to attain his services. No player flies under the radar unless he is from a small school in South Dakota that has ties to a specific coach. Which Augustana's HC and Saban are great friends I guess. I could not tell you if there is anybody on that team worth a squat though!

count me on the bandwagon!!!

After watching this guy in the sugar bowl, i would LOVE if we could steal this guy in the 3-5 rd. Why? Great speed, ( i am guessing 4.4 to low 4.5), great arm strengh, very good (though not great ) accuracy, outstanding throwing on the run!!, . I am not a homer though, I can acknowledfge his negatives I noticed too. The 2 main problems I noticed were poor footwork in the pocket ( though this is pretty correctable, its not like the guy is a statue aka kurt warner), and somewhat of a lack of touch on shorter passes ( this would be one area that is much harder to correct by coaching alone, but CAN be fixed by intense repetition/practice and competent coaching (just look at what that pete carroll guy does with those loser QB's he always seems to get stuck with, that poor guy ;) .

thejetssuck said:
After watching this guy in the sugar bowl, i would LOVE if we could steal this guy in the 3-5 rd. Why? Great speed, ( i am guessing 4.4 to low 4.5), great arm strengh, very good (though not great ) accuracy, outstanding throwing on the run!!, . I am not a homer though, I can acknowledfge his negatives I noticed too. The 2 main problems I noticed were poor footwork in the pocket ( though this is pretty correctable, its not like the guy is a statue aka kurt warner), and somewhat of a lack of touch on shorter passes ( this would be one area that is much harder to correct by coaching alone, but CAN be fixed by intense repetition/practice and competent coaching (just look at what that pete carroll guy does with those loser QB's he always seems to get stuck with, that poor guy ;) .

How can you say a 55% is great accuracy though? He's also 6-1 which doesn't help.

I'd much rather have Croyle...

I was just watching him play in the bowl game. He's not a bad QB from what i could see his mechanics need a little work but other than he's got some tools to work with.

Jaj said:
How can you say a 55% is great accuracy though? He's also 6-1 which doesn't help.

I'd much rather have Croyle...

Thanks, I forgot to mention something else. Though only 6'1", i also notcied he has a very high release point. I mean to the point that he plays/throws more like a 6-3 to upwards of a 6-5 individual. And though 55% isn't great accuracy, his receivers REALLY did s*** it really hard. Also, comp % does not tell the whole story. Case and point?..... Josh Heuple, nuff said.

tmny99 said:
He's got a running game (that was serious under-utilized), Leonard Pope (who defenses center their scheme around and sometimes gets lost in the game - e.g. SEC Championship game no catches in the 1st half) however, his receiving corp is probably the weakest unit on the team. A true freshman had to emerge because seniors had problems with dropping passes.

:lol: BS

kastofsna120 said:
he put up better numbers because he has better talent around him than cutler

How is using the talent around him a minus? The talent around him would be better in Miami also. Not saying this guy is going to be great but I would never fault a prospect for using the talent around him. If that was the case, Leinart would be a day 2 pick.

DJ Shockley

any of you guys watch his bowl game? I really liked what i saw... Very elusive and he's got a BOMB. he needs to work on his footwork and short passing game, but that kind of stuff can be taught... you can't teach elusiveness and a strong arm... I was thinking we could be able to pick him up in the second or third round....what do you fellas think?

Back
Top Bottom