Merged: DJ Shockley | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DJ Shockley

I love this guy, and that game was amazing. He has incredible arm strength, don't know how he would do in the NFL though.

i mean, he's definitely got the arm and the legs, the rest, will just have to be tought to him.... I mean, look at a guy like Steve Mcnair.

yea i can def see him going in the late 1st or 2nd round :)

I hope we get him and draft a CB in the 1st

he has potential, and I am sure everyone by now has heard his story about being back-up to David Greene and not transfering for 3 years, so we know he is a good guy, but there is no way he goes in the 1st or 2nd round, i would be suprised if he went first day to be honest, but he could be a gem for someone, maybe us, in the later rounds

Being a Mountaineer fan I watched the game too. His receivers were pretty open, but he is talented. I thought he was a little vertically challenged, is that true? An SEC guy I like a lot is Charlie Whitehurst. Prototype size, big arm, son of an NFL QB.

LOL! He's never going to amount to anything at the pro level. He has a strong inaccurate arm. Big Whoop! sounds like Gus.

Charlie Whitehurst is in the ACC. He's an underachiever. I wouldn't draft him either.

mbsinmisc said:
Being a Mountaineer fan I watched the game too. His receivers were pretty open, but he is talented. I thought he was a little vertically challenged, is that true? An SEC guy I like a lot is Charlie Whitehurst. Prototype size, big arm, son of an NFL QB.

i still can't believe you guys beat us, it broke my heart!

were you at the game??

you guys were loud as hell!!

I don't think Shockley is the QB we want for our Dolphins. As was already pointed out, his accuracy is an issue. Overall, I think we'd be better off getting someone else.

Quite frankly I wasn't all that impressed by Shockley. I had heard plenty about him prior to this game and I felt he was a let down. Though this was the only game of his I saw and obvioulsy a good evaluation needs more time but for a one time audition his play certainly wasn't consistent.

mbsinmisc said:
Pretty sure he is an ACC guy.

I like Shockley's arm, release, and athleticism.

I do not like his accuracy, and in ability to throw over the middle. He's only about 6'0" (maybe 6'1"), and tends change his delivery when throwing over the middle by raising his release point. Problem is when he does this, he usually misses high, and seems to lose touch on the ball.

I wouldn't mind him on the 2nd day as a project.

I think he's amazing. I think all he needs is good coaching, maybe an older QB to mentor him and he could be something special.

finswin56 said:
Pretty sure he is an ACC guy.

I like Shockley's arm, release, and athleticism.

I do not like his accuracy, and in ability to throw over the middle. He's only about 6'0" (maybe 6'1"), and tends change his delivery when throwing over the middle by raising his release point. Problem is when he does this, he usually misses high, and seems to lose touch on the ball.

I wouldn't mind him on the 2nd day as a project.

wow i was really high on this guy later on in the draft before i heard he is THAT short? i dont know

mbsinmisc said:
An SEC guy I like a lot is Charlie Whitehurst. Prototype size, big arm, son of an NFL QB.

Clemson is in the ACC.

Back
Top Bottom