Merged: DJ Shockley | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DJ Shockley

firemanx said:
Shockley played @ an SEC school under pressure for 4 yrs, andknows how to be a team player would anyone spend a say 5th or 6th rounder on him. Dont know how highly touted he is, but i wouldnt mind seeing him try to earn a roster spot on this team, and eventually becoming the phins QB

He's a 1 year starter with limited playing time. He does have some potential but his height hurts him alittle. I could see someone taking him late 3rd or 4th.

DJ Shockley

Anyone else think this guy could be a great project QB? His athletic ability is unquestioned. At times this year he looked absolutely brilliant. No question the talent is there. Thoughts on whether or not hes worth putting your future in?

He could be something to look for in the later rounds. He's a great athlete and I think could be a franchise quarterback down the road.

He got skills, not the size. I wouldn't bank on him as being your future but as a late round project why not, could suprise or at least be a solid backup that adds an extra dimension to your team.

Acording to Gunner the Phins flew in to Mobile Saturday for the Senior Bowl and had interviewed him.

if we are going to draft an athletic qb i think that brad smith from missouri is the better route to go if given the chance to play qb and not moved to reciever he has a better arm and is a better athlete

I know DJ personally as he is a frat brother of mine and member of the chapter that I pledged at UGA years back and I get back to Athens for several games every year. He is a good kid and I do think he can play QB in the NFL after a few years of development, there are several backup QBs in the NFL that don't have the talent that DJ does.

A couple of other points, DJ isn't a big guy but he is not very small either. I am 6'6 and he is probably 4 or 5 inches shorter than me so while he would be shorter than optimum he isn't too short. He is put together very well but could probably put on a bit more muscle mass but I don't think he has the frame to carry a lot more and I doubt you want to put too much more weight on the kid anyhow.

BTW whoever said DJ didn't have a good arm I don't know what UGA games you have been watching but he has a very strong arm. He needs to work a little bit on his accuracy but he definitely has very good arm strength. Another point is UGA's receivers this year dropped a ton of catchable passes this year which also affected his completion percentage a good bit.

Blackshade said:
A couple of other points, DJ isn't a big guy but he is not very small either. I am 6'6 and he is probably 4 or 5 inches shorter than me so while he would be shorter than optimum he isn't too short. He is put together very well but could probably put on a bit more muscle mass but I don't think he has the frame to carry a lot more and I doubt you want to put too much more weight on the kid anyhow.

Thats cool that you know him.....officially he is listed at 6ft and 3/4 of an inch...so just barely over 6ft. Looking forward to watching him in the Senior Bowl to see what he brings to the table.

How about DJ?

Lets just say that the Jets and Lions take QBs in the first. In all likelyhood, Young, Leinart, Cutler and Quinn would be gone by the 16th pick, so you take a stud Tackle like Eric Wiston (hypothetically). How then would DolFans feel about taking DJ Shockley in the second round? An athletic, mobile QB that definately thinks pass first but can create when nothing is there. He finished the season with a 105.3 (approx) QB rating and threw something like 28 TDs to 5 INTs. He's a senior but I haven't heard much buzz about him with guys like V Young and Mr USC eating up all the press. This could be the steal of the draft if he falls to mid second round which, in all probability, he may.

BTW, it's just a thought so if you don't like the idea, by all means say why but please try not to call my wife any names!:tongue:

Well for one, Quinn isn't even in the draft and two Shockley would be a HUGE reach in the 2nd round. He is the definition of raw, very little experience, one year starter that didn't even play every game. No way.

Much rather have Croyle or Whitehurst in the 3rd or 4th.

SpeedRush99 said:
Well for one, Quinn isn't even in the draft and two Shockley would be a HUGE reach in the 2nd round. He is the definition of raw, very little experience, one year starter that didn't even play every game. No way.

Much rather have Croyle or Whitehurst in the 3rd or 4th.

Really? I thought Quinn said he was coming out a couple weeks ago.

And yeah, I know DJ is pretty green, but I think he's a type of player that a lot of teams will think about after first round needs are met.

I would be all for Shockley in the later rounds, but not the 2nd round, I just feel that is way to early. He is far more accurate than people give him credit for. I feel he will be in the same mold as Donovan McNabb, he just needs some polishing.

If Quinn were coming out... I would be stoaked... but he isnt.

I think the 2nd round is a little high for him. However, I wouldnt mind if we used a pick on him... just preferably a 3rd or lower...

Does anyone know what a college QB rating of 105.3 translates to for an NFL QB rating?

Nasty said:
Does anyone know what a college QB rating of 105.3 translates to for an NFL QB rating?

Does that really matter? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom