Merged: DJ Shockley | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: DJ Shockley

First off, I think DJ has been having a very subpar week in Mobile thus far, but I would still love for the Phins to take him in a late round as a project. Being in Athens for seven years (undergrad and grad), I got a chance to see Shockley through his recruitment and then to his eventual taking over the team. He was a highly touted star that could have gone anywhere, but he decided to come to Georgia. In his freshman year, David Greene was the starting QB but not by much. In fact, Green and Shockley were set to split snaps in our game against Houston, but then the tragedy of September 11 got the game postponed and Shockley was subsequently red shirted. That year David Greene took the job by the horns and Shockley was his backup for the next three years. During this time, he could've transferred, but he gutted it out and stay. He chose the team over the individual. The only year he started, he had one of the single greatest seasons for a QB in Georgia History. You better believe that a team will take a chance on him just because of his display of character and leadership. I think that team should us.

Miami has had interviews with every single QB at the Senior Bowl, with the exception of wannabe QB Michael Robinson, who will be switching to WR in the NFL.

Saban will be talking to all the QBs since its an area of need. At any rate, you have to take advantage of talking with these guys when you have them all together like this. This is just the business of preparing your football team for the draft. Even if we had a franchise QB, there'd be some contact with them...

Finally, maybe saban will give a QB with talent a chance. Give him one year with mcnair and he's your future. Him or darrell hackney...

Miami_Dolphins said:
Finally, maybe saban will give a QB with talent a chance. Give him one year with mcnair and he's your future. Him or darrell hackney...

:shakeno: Neither will be anything more than backups.

bigmiamifan said:
I thought I read something about DJ and Miami a few days ago at the Senior Bowl. I trust Saban, so I'll be excited if he drafted DJ's grandma.

now why cant everyone be like you???? Saban is the coach, not us, you tell them!!!

bring in the Shock

hey it couldn't hurt, especially if we could get him in the 3rd round or later. We need to evolve to a QB that could scrable when needed.

Miami_Dolphins said:
But cutler is the next marino my bad...:shakeno:

I've never and would never compare anyone to Marino.

SpeedRush99 said:
I've never and would never compare anyone to Marino.

its meant to emphasize your bias. Shockley or Hackney can be just as good as Cutler, if not better. Unless you can see the future, i dont think you are one to judge how players will turn out,.

Miami_Dolphins said:
its meant to emphasize your bias. Shockley or Hackney can be just as good as Cutler, if not better. Unless you can see the future, i dont think you are one to judge how players will turn out,.

ANd what exactly are you doing?

I have no "bias". Cutler is a great prospect, I want him in Miami, plain and simple. Fact is, Cutler has more potential than both of them. Thats all I'm saying.

We have talked to or been seen with every player at the Senior Bowl. There's no restrictions on who you talk to or how long at the Senior Bowl which is why it is so heavily scouted. At the combine teams are only allowed to interview 20 players (though it may be 25), anyhow it is very limiting.

i watched him in the sugar bowl and was impressed but id rather draft whitehurst.

Back
Top Bottom