Merged: Eagles send DT Walker to Bills in deal for LB Spikes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Eagles send DT Walker to Bills in deal for LB Spikes

TotoreMexico

Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
The Buffalo News reports that the Bills are close to trading linebacker Takoe Spikes for a draft pick. Though the News says that a deal could come soon, the team likely to win his services has not been named.
One possibility is the New York Giants, who were close to acquiring Al Wilson from the Broncos on Friday before the deal fell through, presumably because of medical concerns raised during a physical.
Under his current contract, Spikes is scheduled to earn base salaries of $4.5 million in 2007, and $5 million in 2008.

Wow, Buffalo is really unloading some of their top guys.

There's also been talk of Takeo going to Philly. I think I'd like him to go to Philly to get a shot at making the post season before his career is over.

There's also been talk of Takeo going to Philly. I think I'd like him to go to Philly to get a shot at making the post season before his career is over.

Just remember one thing: Philly does not have a 4th round pick this year.

I'm hoping that it's a straight up trade for Darwin Walker.

What the hell are the Bills doing this off-season, if they unload him they will need 2 starting linebackers and a starting running back. Unless they plan on trading for Al Wilson after they unload Takeo although it is unlikely.

What the hell are the Bills doing this off-season, if they unload him they will need 2 starting linebackers and a starting running back. Unless they plan on trading for Al Wilson after they unload Takeo although it is unlikely.

Correction: One starting LB.

Bills just traded Takeo Spikes to the Eagles. Now they have gotten rid of their best offensive and defensive player in one offseason.

Bills just traded Takeo Spikes to the Eagles. Now they have gotten rid of their best offensive and defensive player in one offseason.

And exactly what have you all done this offseason other than lose people (both players and coaches) without replacing them, get another year older on D, sign a washed up over 30 former star (emphasis on former) whose own team didn't want him and a kicker (when you already had Mare)? 21-0 sound familiar? Come talk to us when you can actually beat us.

Clements hurt, but we got value for that loser McGahee, who didn't bother to learn the playbook and averaged under 4 ypc and seemed to play only when he wanted to. I call that addition by subtraction, personally. Guys like that can infect a locker room, so good riddance.....

Back
Top Bottom