Merged: Eagles send DT Walker to Bills in deal for LB Spikes | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Eagles send DT Walker to Bills in deal for LB Spikes

Miami's missteps are a lot fresher in our minds than any of the bills. Come on Rob Johnson...?

The reality is that the present is more important than the past and presently the bills are 5-1 against you guys over the last three years. Daunte's career is all but over as a starter in this league. Good thing Daunte is soooo much better than Brees! Fin fans should just be quiet.

Now you're not being fair. The Bills just had more time, that's all. In the post Marino era, the Fins have had the following QBs with significant playing time or have given something up to acquire them:

Jay Fiedler
Ray Lucas
Brian Griese
AJ Feeley
Gus Frerotte
Daunte Culpepper
Joey Harrington

The Bills have had:

Todd Collins
Billy Joe Hobert
Rob Johnson
Doug Flutie
Alex Van Pelt
Drew Bledsoe
Kelly Holcomb
JP Losman

Out of that bunch, Fiedler won the most games with the Fins or the Bills. The Fins get one more crack at it.....

BTW, the jury is still out on Losman. He could still be Jim Kelly or Jay Fiedler.

For some amusement, here are the stats for Fiedler's 1st two seasons with the Fins and Losman's two seasons:

2000 MIA 15 204 357 57.1 2,402 6.73 14 14 74.5 54 267 4.9 1 2 6
2001 MIA 16 273 450 60.7 3,290 7.31 20 19 80.3 73 321 4.4 4 6 24

2005 BUF 9 113 228 49.6 1,340 5.88 8 8 64.9 31 154 5.0 0 7 0
2006 BUF 16 268 429 62.5 3,051 7.11 19 14 84.9 38 140 3.7 1 13 6

God, what a horrible list all the way around. :boohoo:

At least the Bills have had two guys that made a pro bowl, Bledsoe and Flutie. And the jury is still out on Losman, but he is 26 and was a top 10 QB the second half of the year. So there is reason for some excitement for Bills' fans.

The problem it seems with the Fins is that have absolutely no idea what direction they are going in next year. Losman may fail but at least we know he's our guy. not sure the Fins can say the same.

Did Losman have knee surgery? So that how can you compare him to DC?

See, you just made the Bills point about trading Spikes for them.

There is no guarantee a player will ever be the same after a major injury, especially one on the wrong side of 30. Spikes is one of my favorite Bills of all time and afterthe 2004 season, I thought he was the best OLB in football.

However, he suffered the worst injuries a pro football player could suffer. He was painful to watch last year. He had a sack and force fumble on his first paly back. However, that was the only big play he made all season. A sixth round rookie, Keith Ellison (learn the name :wink: ), essentially outplayed him.

WAlker isn't great but he is a very good interior pass rusher (4th most sacks among DTs since 2002). But the point is we didn't trade the Spikes of 2004. We trade the Spikes of 2007. A big name but a guy mostly likely to never come close to what he was. I wish him the best and hope he came be a significant player on a playoff team. He was a great Bill. But it's a trade that is a good one for the Bills if you look past the name.

See, you just made the Bills point about trading Spikes for them.

There is no guarantee a player will ever be the same after a major injury, especially one on the wrong side of 30. Spikes is one of my favorite Bills of all time and afterthe 2004 season, I thought he was the best OLB in football.

However, he suffered the worst injuries a pro football player could suffer. He was painful to watch last year. He had a sack and force fumble on his first paly back. However, that was the only big play he made all season. A sixth round rookie, Keith Ellison (learn the name :wink: ), essentially outplayed him.

WAlker isn't great but he is a very good interior pass rusher (4th most sacks among DTs since 2002). But the point is we didn't trade the Spikes of 2004. We trade the Spikes of 2007. A big name but a guy mostly likely to never come close to what he was. I wish him the best and hope he came be a significant player on a playoff team. He was a great Bill. But it's a trade that is a good one for the Bills if you look past the name.

This post is too logical for Finheaven.

The reality is that the present is more important than the past and presently the bills are 5-1 against you guys over the last three years.

Let's see....... the present is more important than the past..... and ...... the Bills are 5-1 over the PAST three years........

hmmmm...... Is it just me, or is that a contradiction?

God, what a horrible list all the way around. :boohoo:

At least the Bills have had two guys that made a pro bowl, Bledsoe and Flutie. And the jury is still out on Losman, but he is 26 and was a top 10 QB the second half of the year. So there is reason for some excitement for Bills' fans.

The problem it seems with the Fins is that have absolutely no idea what direction they are going in next year. Losman may fail but at least we know he's our guy. not sure the Fins can say the same.

The Fins are in a bit of a quandry. I still think Culpepper can regain his form of 2003. I'm not sure he is a fit for the Fins offense. The bitter irony is that Brees was not as good a fit for the offense under Linehan, but is a perfect fit for this offense. I wish that the Fins had hung on to Griese.

I'm still hoping that Culpepper can be our QB, but if Culpepper really cannot play this offense, I'd like to see him get traded to the Raiders. We could get the first pick in the 3rd or 4th round and take the Raiders out of the QB derby in the draft. I'd like to get Green and Brady Quinn and be all set. Two QBs that are ideal for our system.

I still don't think Losman will ever be a top 10 QB but it wouldn't shock me either. He has decent physical tools.

Let's see....... the present is more important than the past..... and ...... the Bills are 5-1 over the PAST three years........

hmmmm...... Is it just me, or is that a contradiction?
Said the guy bringing up Rob Johnson. Yawn. Ya colts won the superbowl, now lets all act completely ignorant as to how bad the dolphins are and say things like "It's a new year!" or "that was last year!" even though the fins are as bad if not worse than they were in february when the colts won it all.

We can talk only about the most recent game if you want, but I doubt you'd like that seeing as it was a shutout 21-0. Want me to keep dumping all over you some more? Say something stupid again.

Said the guy bringing up Rob Johnson. Yawn. Ya colts won the superbowl, now lets all act completely ignorant as to how bad the dolphins are and say things like "It's a new year!" or "that was last year!" even though the fins are as bad if not worse than they were in february when the colts won it all.

We can talk only about the most recent game if you want, but I doubt you'd like that seeing as it was a shutout 21-0. Want me to keep dumping all over you some more? Say something stupid again.

WTF do the Colts have to do with the fact that both the Bills and the Fins have not been good for a long time (longer for the Bills). I was merely pointing your illogical attempt at selectively looking at the past.
Clearly the 7-9 Bills have the league totally figured out. Look out NFL.....

Whenever a 7-9 team losses their best defensive players and their starting RB and adds 1 decent guard and a joke at RT, the league better be scared.

You were saying about ignorant and saying stupid things? Clearly you are experienced....

WTF do the Colts have to do with the fact that both the Bills and the Fins have not been good for a long time (longer for the Bills). I was merely pointing your illogical attempt at selectively looking at the past.
Clearly the 7-9 Bills have the league totally figured out. Look out NFL.....

Whenever a 7-9 team losses their best defensive players and their starting RB and adds 1 decent guard and a joke at RT, the league better be scared.

You were saying about ignorant and saying stupid things? Clearly you are experienced....
Whatever man. The fins have no room to talk about any teams problems other than their own. Especially with our recent ownage of the terrible teal dolphins. I wouldn't worry about the bills if I were you.

Now cling to your NE win like you always do. That's your superbowl every year.

Whatever man. The fins have no room to talk about any teams problems other than their own. Especially with our recent ownage of the terrible teal dolphins. I wouldn't worry about the bills if I were you.

Now cling to your NE win like you always do. That's your superbowl every year.

When the Bills actually do something, let us know. Until then be quiet.

Why dont we all take your advice.

I'm not making any predictions of playoff glory for the Fins this year. In another thread I picked them to be last in the division. I think the Pats get the division again. The Jets are a step down from the Pats (9-7 or 10-6) and the Bills and Fins will be around where they finished last season. Things can move around quite a bit depending on the draft, player pickups, etc., but the Bills and Fins have too much turmoil to predict any better at this point. There are too many unknowns on each team.

Seriously, it makes no sense for fans of a 7-9 team to be dumping on fans of a 6-10 team.

I'm not making any predictions of playoff glory for the Fins this year. In another thread I picked them to be last in the division. I think the Pats get the division again. The Jets are a step down from the Pats (9-7 or 10-6) and the Bills and Fins will be around where they finished last season. Things can move around quite a bit depending on the draft, player pickups, etc., but the Bills and Fins have too much turmoil to predict any better at this point. There are too many unknowns on each team.

Seriously, it makes no sense for fans of a 7-9 team to be dumping on fans of a 6-10 team.
Yeah and look how the majority picked the jets to finish last in the division a year ago at this time.

The point is the bills are headed in a completely different direction than the fins. This looks a lot like last offseason for you. Quarterback chaos.

Yeah and look how the majority picked the jets to finish last in the division a year ago at this time.

The point is the bills are headed in a completely different direction than the fins. This looks a lot like last offseason for you. Quarterback chaos.

Sure the Bills are headed in a different direction. They are in turmoil on defense. The Fins are in turmoil on offense. The Bills struggled on defense last season and so far have gotten worse this offseason. The Fins struggled on offense last season and so far have gotten worse this offseason.

The Bills added two FA OL last off season. One of them got demoted all the way to water boy. This season they added two more. I'm not nearly as high on Langston Walker as Bill's fans seem to be. The Bills have been attempting to fix the OL via FA for years. It hasn't worked so far. I'm hoping the Fins address their OL in the draft. I'd love them to take Levi Brown and Ryan Kalil with their first two picks.

IMO, the Bills have created more holes than they can fill in one draft. LB, CB, DL, RB, WR, TE, are all still areas of need. Like it or not, a team that finished 7-9 lost several starters.

The fans of every team hope their offseason moves all work out. We know from experience that they often don't.

Back
Top Bottom