Merged: East West Shrine Game | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: East West Shrine Game

ckparrothead said:
Yeah Rob Sims looked like he may have done really well but I have to say I didnt get much of a chance to look at ANY of those OL.

Yeah, he just became one of my favorites on draft day. Seems like he has good vision and an instictive ability to no how long to hold his blocks.

Wow...I just watched the game that I recorded earlier because I had to work. I gotta tell you, McNeil was impresive!! I know he had some advantages that the other Qb's didnt, and there were no blitzes, but his accuracy on long passes, and his calm demenor when the game was on the line...very impresive indeed!!!

I think McNeal kind of did what he needed to do to continue being considered as a QB prospect instead of moving to a different position. He DID have a lot of advantages out there that the other guys did not. He not only used the same playbook that he's worked out at TAMU for a long time now, but he also had his top option receiver Carter on the team too, and they definitely hooked up with each other in some big situations. It was no coincidence that he completed a deep pass to Carter and another chain-mover earlier in the game. Also, with the lack of blitzing and complex defense, you just don't defend against Reggie's legs and that entire first touchdown drive of his was purely accomplished with Reggie's legs, not so much his arm at all (he wasn't actually making very good decisions with his arm). Where he impressed me were the deep passes to Todd Watkins and Mike Hass. That right there said to me, this guy might be a quarterback after all. Hass is a much slower target than Watkins, so you have good variety in where those receivers were going to be as they streaked down the field, but he still hit them, and he did it all very calmly.

This guy is like a Mike Vick clone, except he's 2 inches taller and apparently can hit deep passes. He's not as good as Vick in a lot of ways, but similar in enough ways that he should probably get a shot at QB...and if his stock rises based on this performance as I think it will, I will not be surprised to see his name called in the 2nd round a la Quincy Carter.

Back
Top Bottom