Merged:Fox Sports: Second-year player spotlight for 2005/Carey and Bell | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Fox Sports: Second-year player spotlight for 2005/Carey and Bell

Philter25 said:
When bell played FS he was very good. He proved he COULD be a starter in the NFL if it wasnt for his injury concerns. His injuries are what is holding him back, not his skills.

• Bell has the potential... no question.... however, he is not a proven player.
  • A proven NFL player is durable and can get the job done over time.
  • Injuries have taken Bells opportunity to become a proven player.

kingnate85 said:
I don't understand. If he has the potential to be the next Larry Allen at guard...then why don't we put him at guard and move someone else over?

Yea, I've been thinking the same thing for a while now...his shift to left tackle seems a bit radical for me and he seems like such a natural fit for guard...then again, if this is Hudson Houck's idea, then I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. :)

everardteach said:
Yeremiah is 6'1 200 and according to Mel Phillips has the quickest step for an DB he has ever seen.

Link?

thedayafter said:
  • Bell has the potential... no question.... however, he is not a proven player.
  • A proven NFL player is durable and can get the job done over time.
  • Injuries have taken Bells opportunity to become a proven player.
Completely agree. I think we are both agreeing on the same exact thing only going about it differently......

When I originally said he was proven, I meant his skills were proven and that his injuries are holding him back from being a proven player..... which I cleared up in my next post. We both are agreeing on the same exact thing.... :lol:

Originally Posted by Philter25
Bell has already proven himself. His main holdback is his injury concerns.

S Y. Bell has done nothing to prove he can start IMO....

He's been injured every year, and even when he wasn't injured, I never really saw anything that made me stand up and say he's got a chance to start on this defense. He's been a huge disappointment, and with his injury prone status, he's just too risky to take a chance on....

Everyone talks about his potential, but talk is worthless. I want results. Thus far, he's shown nothing that impresses me enough to conisder him as our starting S....

I'll watch him close at TC, but I doubt I'll see anything worth mentioning out if him. He's one of those players that provides competition, but nothing more...

PHINZ RULE!!!

BLITZKRIEG said:
S Y. Bell has done nothing to prove he can start IMO....

He's been injured every year, and even when he wasn't injured, I never really saw anything that made me stand up and say he's got a chance to start on this defense. He's been a huge disappointment, and with his injury prone status, he's just too risky to take a chance on....

Everyone talks about his potential, but talk is worthless. I want results. Thus far, he's shown nothing that impresses me enough to conisder him as our starting S....

I'll watch him close at TC, but I doubt I'll see anything worth mentioning out if him. He's one of those players that provides competition, but nothing more...

PHINZ RULE!!!

what Bell were you watching last year? He had the results till he got hurt. His speed is amazing.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
what Bell were you watching last year? He had the results till he got hurt. His speed is amazing.

That's the one. You know, the one who never sees the playing field due to season ending injuries. The one who has contributed nothing since we added him. The one who everyone talks about every year, and then fades away like a fart in the wind???....You know the one I'm talking about????...

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes for Y. Bell. But basing his past, on what to expect for the future, doesn't bode well for him. He's got potential, but so does every other player in this league. It's results that count, and waiting around for a guy to develope, after he's already been here two years, is kind of a waste IMO....

We could have signed a veteran, or any other "healthy" player with equal "potential"....

Just my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

How long do you wait for someone to play a full season? I say after sitting out a year in college and 2 in the pros it's time to move on. Health is a seriuos issue!You can find healthy safeties all day with his potential.Come on!

Back
Top Bottom