Merged: Giants, Arrington reach agreement in principle! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Giants, Arrington reach agreement in principle!

iixivmmiii said:
i love how all of you talk about how amazing lavar would be with the dolphins if we signed him, and as soon as he doesn't/goes to the giants, everyone talks about how he wasn't really that good.... i just want you all to know, that you make laugh, a lot.... hahaha

You were like the 6th or 7th post on this thread. I'd say maybe 2 posts before yours were slightly negative, but not bad by any means. You obviously had this redunant and cynical remark waiting in the wings. You could have atleast waited for 20 or 30 posts before making it...because it was irrelevant at the point you posted it. And to be honest, most of the people on here are right. For 5 million a year, that's a fair gamble on someone who could have an amazing impact. But don't forget about the downside...for seven million a year, he has been underachieving throughout his career, save one season, and he very well may continue that trend in the Giants defensive system which is inferior to Miami's.

iixivmmiii said:
i love how all of you talk about how amazing lavar would be with the dolphins if we signed him, and as soon as he doesn't/goes to the giants, everyone talks about how he wasn't really that good.... i just want you all to know, that you make laugh, a lot.... hahaha

I'm still laughing as he wanted too much money....he is also damaged goods, and he is also too old...no we can focus on younger guys who are not living off their rep (like Lavar is). Yeah, he is going to love Coughlin who runs practice and meetings like a boot camp.

Roman529 said:
I'm still laughing as he wanted too much money....he is also damaged goods, and he is also too old...no we can focus on younger guys who are not living off their rep (like Lavar is). Yeah, he is going to love Coughlin who runs practice and meetings like a boot camp.

Yeah and Saban is a regular *****cat right?

When's the last time Coughlin made a player cry???

And why are you quoting him? He is ripping people with your opinion.

between all the FEELY FIEDLER and Cutler threads!!!! this year all the LAVAR, Manny Lawson noise!

We offered him decent money, either way we can fix the outside linebacker position through the draft for alot cheaper than he was going to be.

I posted this in another thread, but here it goes....
Thank god, now we can all move on!
About a month ago I was all for signing Lavar, but after a month of these threads of people overstating his abilities I had a change of heart. The guy is a talented INDIVIDUAL (key word). He is a beast when he can rush the QB to get a sack, other than that there isn't much to talk about. He is known for taking plays off and not being in position on defense when he isn't blitzing, which isn't something that we need on this team, a zillion sacks or not. And the way Lavar and his agents negotiated told me all I needed to know about him. YES it's a business (don't bother with that arguement, please :shakeno: ) I understand that, but the guy isn't worth that much money to this team. He is recovering from an injury and has shown a poor attitude when he was in Washington. I, like many here, thought that Saban's leadership could turn the guy around, make him focus and become an all around defensive player. I would rather the Dolphins draft a young player like Lawson or Greenway who can be taught and will be a PART of a team concept. Flame me if you will, just my opinion.

iixivmmiii said:

"all of you"? Doesn't include me and I'm part of "all of you", therefore, "all of you" is really "some of you".
Your generalizations make me laugh, because it was only a fraction of the posters here who thought he would be amazing.
Those who say he wasn't that good or over rated are those who were never high on acquiring him in the first place. :lol: :lol:

Giants/ More on Arrington deal

Giants | More on Arrington deal
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:21:36 -0700
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/9">ESPN.com's John Clayton reports agent Kevin Poston didn't say how much was guaranteed in LB LaVar Arrington's contract, but New York Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi indicated that it includes performance bonuses. To get the $7 million-per-year, Arrington and the Giants agreed to load the deal with incentives. Arrington, who will get a $5.25 million signing bonus, will receive a base salary worth around $3.7 million a year. With reachable incentives, Arrington can make $5 million a year and with maximum performance, he can take the deal to $49 million if he completes the seven years of his contract.

Obviously he will never see all 49 million. We don't need this free-lancing, bone on bone knee, propensity to make a bonehead play, constant reassurance that he’s the man, linebacker on our team. Good luck LaVashed up.

It’s a shame we didn’t get him, but if Saban absolutely needed LaVar he likely would have tried harder. We attempted to get a favorable deal for ourselves in the process of getting a good player, but it didn’t work out. That’s fine and chances are plans 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, etc., etc., are already in the works.

Yeah, thanks for posting news that we've known for over 3 hours now.

[mod] Please read the TOS. Personal attacks are not allowed here. [/mod]

You guys make me laugh. The deal was incentive laden and it's not 7 mil a year numbskulls...

To get the $7 million-per-year, Arrington and the Giants agreed to load the deal with incentives, ESPN.com's John Clayton reported. Arrington, who will get a $5.25 million signing bonus, will receive a base salary worth around $3.7 million a year. With reachable incentives, Arrington can make $5 million a year and with maximum performance, he can take the deal to $49 million if he completes the seven years of his contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2417903

Guys the giants got Lavar for a steal!!!!

this posted on a giants fan site....

To get the $7 million-per-year, Arrington and the Giants agreed to load the deal with incentives, ESPN.com's John Clayton reported. Arrington, who will get a $5.25 million signing bonus, will receive a base salary worth around $3.7 million a year. With reachable incentives, Arrington can make $5 million a year and with maximum performance, he can take the deal to $49 million if he completes the seven years of his contract.

Only $5.25 mil bonus, this is crazy ...how could we not get this deal done!

Sorry that my first post is about a player that we lost .....but i felt the need to report this.

heres the link:http://bigblueinteractive.com/petescorner2/forum_display.cfm?F1_ID=186915

Back
Top Bottom