Merged: Got some info on the Ricky Mess...UPDATED. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Got some info on the Ricky Mess...UPDATED.

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have some insight on the whole Ricky mess......

Check around 5:00pm eastern or a little later for some insight on this whole mess....I will be talking to my indirect source this afternoon.......

Check this thread.

NOW UPDATED.

Gonna break the news that Ricky has fled to Japan? :)

phinphanphrommi said:
Gonna break the news that Ricky has fled to Japan? :)

No...I don't know what I'll break if anything...I am just going to speak to my "source" this afternoon.....I gotta go now.

Got some info on the Ricky Mess...UPDATED.

Okay...this is what I got.......

I am told that Ricky was approached in February for a re-working of his current deal to make it a little more cap friendly in 2006....

Ricky replied that he was not interested because he was only going to play out his contract and was going to hang it up. He said that 3 years tops was what was left of his career. If he re-worked, it had to be for MORE money....those reports that this is mostly about money are somewhat true.

When Ricky failed his second drug test........he was told that a 4 game fine was in order and that possibly a 4 game suspension, if he refused to take another test (three failed tests equals a suspension). The Dolphins felt that his case was actually quite solid so they thought that a suspension was not likely. Then a problem occured.......Ricky was asked to take another test and he subsequently shaved his head as a "protest" or a big middle finger to NFL.....Ricky refused to take any further tests, which counts as a third failed test....but ended up testing clean in late April after the draft.

Ricky was upset at one thing in the off-season....he felt that the Team treated Jamie Nails badly and had told a joke at one of his functions that was a little racially tinged that upset the Front Office. The remark was something to the affect that you are only good to the NFL if you are big black and mean....but Big, black and hurt is worthless. He then remarked that the Dolphins took Jamie Nails out back and shot him......He got a jeer from the crowd that day attending his benefit.

His attendance was stellar at all the QB schools...he practiced hard.......he even stayed late several times looking at game film....He was actually happy that Collier got the OC job and had told Wanny that he would have rather had Collier than anybody else.......

In May...things started to go a little south.........His buddy Collier stepped down and Ricky started to not like the direction of the offense......Ricky came back to town for one of the final QB schools and had to leave early because of a "personal problem".......Wanny had called him all night on the eve of Memorial Day weekend and could not get a hold of him.......Wanny was then taken bu surprise when he recieved a call from Dan LeBatard speaking on behalf of Ricky and was told that Ricky was upset that the league had sent him a letter of preliminary finding on his fine..........The joke around the team was that why is it that LeBatard is the only guy that can speak for him and Ricky can't speak for himself......

In June, The Dolphins contacted the league about Ricky's situation and were told that Ricky would have to submit to the league's drug testing policy.....he was also going to have to agree to seek treatment for substance addiction....

As far as the Dolphins were concerned.....he had agreed to all of the above....

On Friday, Wanny recieved that infamous call and I am told that the conversation turned ugly when Dave told him he HAD to play ball with the league........Ricky insisted that he would not play ball, because he was treated unfairly.....Ricky then told Dave that if that is the case then he MUST retire.....

The Dolphins have tried the money angle and it has not worked. I was told that Ricky became more entrenched in his position as he was tried to be talked out of it. I was told that HE DID NOT say those things about smoking Mary Jane all the time and taking a masking agent.......Although I was told that Ricky is an unapologetic Marijuana smoker.

The Dolphins are in a wait and see mode as of now...but I am told that they will trade or aquirre a starting caliber RB regardless if Ricky comes back or not. The Dolphins feel that they have a loose cannon on their hands and will need to get a good RB even if Ricky came back because as I was told: "What if he decides to leave again right before the playoffs?"

As for how the feel as to the chances of him coming back......they feel optimistic...however they are being told by those close to him that they should forget it. Mack Brown supposedly refused to talk him out of retirement and Wanny had a "shouting match" with him on the phone. Mike Ditka has been cooperative.

As for finding a back.....all the names mentioned on here are accurate except that no one has named one guy that they have had preliminary talks about. I am told that the dolphins have contacted the St. Louis Rams about a Adewale Ogunleye for Marshall Faulk swap, but it seems as if that deal is really on the ropes because of Marshall's contract and his unwillingness to redoo his deal.

The probable targets are in this order:

1. Onterrio Smith
2. Michael Bennett
3. Justin Fargas
4. Lee Suggs

For what I got....M. Faulk is their dream trade...but very unlikely.....look for one of the Vikings to be the guy.

There you go.

Thx man, a real interesting post.

Oliver...

His post vanished, EEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Oliver...

I want Huggy Jr!!!!!

J/K, just wanted to say that. But really, we need to find someone whose team is willing to let him go in a straight-up swap for OGun and is a decent back.

Back
Top Bottom