Merged: Got some info on the Ricky Mess...UPDATED. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Got some info on the Ricky Mess...UPDATED.

Faulk is too old. NO WAY we trade a talented DE for a RB tht doesnt even hhave more then 2 years of good play.

No Faulk though the grass will help his injury problem

Seriously, why not investigate Fred Taylor?????????????????????

I would talk faulk in a second, but I don't see it happening.. he has about 3 to 4 years left, and we would/better draft a RB next season with our first pick and let faulk teach him.. You have to agree that faulk could be an awesome person to teach a young back..

enigmatics said:
Seriously, why not investigate Fred Taylor?????????????????????
Why would the Jags trade him? They have playoff hopes and Taylor is a huge part of that. They're more likely to part with one of their backups, Jones or Toefield.

LIQUID24 said:
Why would the Jags trade him? They have playoff hopes and Taylor is a huge part of that. They're more likely to part with one of their backups, Jones or Toefield.

Here's my reasoning............that team is being made Leftwich's team and they have capable backs to replace Taylor, obviously not the same as Taylor, but again capable.........it's obvious Toefield is their future. Their defense needs a pass rusher as bad as any of the pass rushing deficient teams in the league. I think what they gain on the defensive side of the ball by trading for a guy like Ogun, offsets the difference between Toefield and Taylor. Plus they'd get rid of Talylor's 4 year, $20 million extension.

enigmatics said:
Here's my reasoning............that team is being made Leftwich's team and they have capable backs to replace Taylor, obviously not the same as Taylor, but again capable.........it's obvious Toefield is their future. Their defense needs a pass rusher as bad as any of the pass rushing deficient teams in the league. I think what they gain on the defensive side of the ball by trading for a guy like Ogun, offsets the difference between Toefield and Taylor. Plus they'd get rid of Talylor's 4 year, $20 million extension.
Right now there is no way we can give up O-Gun. More then ever, our D is going to have to step up, and this defence cant manage to miss a beat. Were better off getting someone capable of being in a comitte with the rest pf pur RB's, then looking for a long-term soloution if no1 steps up this year(Edge being a possibility.)

Good stuff.Seems to me Ricky has been smoking too much of that wacky tabacky.His actions lately smack of a manic depressive.Wonder if he gave up his medication.My bet is that he has or least it wont work with the pot in his system.Then there are his so called "friends" giving him advice.What does Kravitz know.He lives in a dream world.Someone needs to shake him out of his altered state.Maybe Mom,Ditka or someone he respects.Look at it this way the man is sick.

Fred Taylor is a great option, forget what anyone says. No way would the Phins give up Ogun for Faulk straight up. We got screwed by not getting Steven Jackson, and how ironic, the Rams got a steal, and Faulk is on his last year with the team, ala Eddie George. Suggs is too small to hold the load, and I believe he is starting this year anyway.

CrunchTime said:
Good stuff.Seems to me Ricky has been smoking too much of that wacky tabacky.His actions lately smack of a manic depressive.Wonder if he gave up his medication.My bet is that he has or least it wont work with the pot in his system.Then there are his so called "friends" giving him advice.What does Kravitz know.He lives in a dream world.Someone needs to shake him out of his altered state.Maybe Mom,Ditka or someone he respects.Look at it this way the man is sick.

Actually he looked at Lenny........saw how he's always getting done up for shows, always going city to city, always doing this, always doing that, always being bugged and he somehow translated that over to his own life. Obviously the two are famous, but they're two completely different kinds of famous. If there's one thing I know true, fans let Ricky do his thing........they didn't bug the sh*t out of him because they understood his struggle with anxiety disorders.

He got scared for all the wrong reasons.

Phinsdude said:
Fred Taylor is a great option, forget what anyone says. No way would the Phins give up Ogun for Faulk straight up. We got screwed by not getting Steven Jackson, and how ironic, the Rams got a steal, and Faulk is on his last year with the team, ala Eddie George. Suggs is too small to hold the load, and I believe he is starting this year anyway.

He is definately a great option. Taylor was almost a Dolphin before we aquired Ricky........ the decision was gonna be either of the two. Jacksonville almost reluctantly gave him that 4 year extension in 2003.......then went ahead and drafted Toefield last year and then Greg Jones this year. It's obvious they are prepping for his dismissal.

Why does everyone want to trade Wale? He is a class act, very level headed, the type of character that we need on our team. Minor is just as good as all the rest of the rb everyone would talk about. One exception: E James wants to come home and he is the only one Wale should be traded for.

Has anyone seen the reports out of St. Louis about Marshall not being able to go at the start of the season?

Back
Top Bottom