Merged: Got some info on the Ricky Mess...UPDATED. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Got some info on the Ricky Mess...UPDATED.

Thanks for sharing that - pukka stuff.

The fact that HWH said that RW had some issues to sort out is nicely explained by the detail you provided - basically the guy is in love with Mary Jane and not prepared to live with the NFL's prohibition. Is he for real?

I know that there is a school of though that MJ is a good pain reliever and RW has a lot of pain to live with in his line of work, but it seems extreme to view it as the only solution.

On the trades, I have to go in the camp that says Vikes RB's are the better source, with a preference for O.Smith. I'd prefer Wale wasn't in the mix but I can't see the Vikes going for a deal that didn't include him. It's a sellers market right here.

The probable targets are in this order:

1. Onterrio Smith
2. Michael Bennett
3. Justin Fargas
4. Lee Sugg

What about the reports that Najeh Davenport is the front runner right now?? That's even a better idea.

Thanks for the good work , I appreciate it.

I personally like Najeh (sure i know him from school and we are cool, but i still think he is a very capable back). But i DONT like getting Ogun into this. I understand you need to give something to get it, but it sucks because now we finally have the money to sign him!! I dont know... i still think Minor can do it. But thats just me...

I'm in the Onterrio Smith camp right now, even though I advocated sticking with Minor in my latest commentary. I also think we should hang onto O-Gun.

Somebody please give me the lowdown on Justin Fargas. I remember hearing the name last year, and that's it. Which frightens me.

We may just have got some leverage...

read an article on yahoo.com about Mixon egtting a 2 game ban for substance abuse. Vikes need a DE more than ever so getting either of their backs is likely to involve Ogun - more now than ever. But it does get us a bit more leverage in the bargaining.

BringBackShula said:
The probable targets are in this order:

1. Onterrio Smith
2. Michael Bennett
3. Justin Fargas
4. Lee Sugg

What about the reports that Najeh Davenport is the front runner right now?? That's even a better idea.

I asked about him and I was told that they were "mildly" interested...basically if GB was willing to take a 4th round pick or so....nothing major.......he is probably on the back burner.

GazPhin said:
read an article on yahoo.com about Mixon egtting a 2 game ban for substance abuse. Vikes need a DE more than ever so getting either of their backs is likely to involve Ogun - more now than ever. But it does get us a bit more leverage in the bargaining.
didn't they just draft Udeze though?

Personally I would like to see if we could convince Ricky to come back for just one more year by threatening to sue for the $8 million. Then in 2005 I would sign Edgerrin James off the free agent market.

Any reports on him not having any healthy knees are vastly overblown. The guy had an ACL tear, bottom line. It takes two years to come back from that. The year that he came back from the ACL the Colts OL was aweful at run blocking, evidenced by the kind of YPC that other backs were getting.

This year, Edgerrin gained good yardage, at a good pace, and scored 11 TDs. I know your thoughts on him having the benefit of a great passing attack, but you don't get 11 TDs by having a great passing attack. In the redzone, the spaces get smaller, the defenses aren't as scared of the pass because they don't have to worry about teh deep ball, so they creep up toward the line of scrimmage, and they defend the run.

You say that Edgerrin benefits from a phenomenal passing attack, and I say its the other way around...and the statistics back me up. When Edge was running his @ss off his rookie and sophomore years, Peyton Manning was having phenomenal years in only his 2nd and 3rd years as a pro. Furthermore, when Edgerrin was out for 10 games with the knee injury, Peyton had I believe statistically his worst season since his rookie year. The next year, Peyton's numbers were STILL off, as Edgerrin himself was off and would tell you his knee did not feel 100 percent.

Then this year, Edgerrin went into the year saying his knee finally feels good, feels 100 percent, and Peyton has his best year as a pro. Coincidence that Peyton's three worst years as a pro came in years where Edge was not there yet, injured, or struggling to rehab from injury? I doubt it.

We need a one year stop-gap, then Edgerrin should be as good as ours. And if he gives us problems there's always the draft.

Minus Question

Is the Gillette thing true I heard he did it for nothing if so Gillette never used it or was waiting for the season to start if so they got screwed too?

I heard rumors off a possible deal involving Suggs. I live in Y-town Ohio and a local sports talk show mentioned something about it. I did not hear who or what was involved with it.

DrAstroZoom said:
Somebody please give me the lowdown on Justin Fargas. I remember hearing the name last year, and that's it. Which frightens me.
He went to my highschool and played at USC so I saw him play all the time. Very fast, not a big guy, not a run in between the tackles guy. Got hurt either in the middle or the end of last season...

Back
Top Bottom