MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd?

dolphinsbshaw72

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do we take Brown from Texas.. Or Shelton from Washington if hes there.. I'm still on the DGB ( top 5 talent without off field issues ) bandwagon or Gordon/Gurley.. But could you imagine how good this defense could be with both Shelton/Brown and Suh? Or grab the best defensive player on the board.. Thoughts..

The idea of landing Suh just makes me want Bud Dupree even more. Still, don't think he'll be available at 14, but that's my guy.

I'd go Davante Parker or CB if available. MAYBE look at Eric Kendricks

I think he becomes a SERIOUS option at 14 if you sign Suh. You sign Suh, you are planning to have him for 4 years minimum. You may as well a MLB who can take advantage of having that beast in the middle and get him at a rookie cost.

Not going to lie, seeing Parker on the board would be tough to overlook.

We aren't drafting a DT in the first round if we sign Suh. CB/WR/LB . . . . I'd feel confident it is one of those 3.

I think he becomes a SERIOUS option at 14 if you sign Suh. You sign Suh, you are planning to have him for 4 years minimum. You may as well a MLB who can take advantage of having that beast in the middle and get him at a rookie cost.

Not going to lie, seeing Parker on the board would be tough to overlook.

We aren't drafting a DT in the first round if we sign Suh. CB/WR/LB . . . . I'd feel confident it is one of those 3.

If Kendricks becomes the target....I would say trade down into the 20's....pick up an extra late 2nd rounder....or a package of picks.

I don't think he gets past Green Bay at 30.

14 is a little high value wise.

The idea of landing Suh just makes me want Bud Dupree even more. Still, don't think he'll be available at 14, but that's my guy.

I think he will be there.

Cam Wake is 33...his contract makes him tradeable and would clear a lot of cap room.

I love Cam....but reality is he will probably be gone after two more seasons anyway....age and his contract running out are factors.

Something to think about.

Eric Kendricks.. Devante Parker.. Marcus Peters.

Sleeper pick for me is Brandon Scherff. Possibility he's there for us at 14 if skill position guys rise up like they currently are. He's a guard at the NFL level, like most are projecting him to be, and I think he'd really help with our biggest issue from last year - the interior OL, although I'm positive the pick would be met with a fair amount of disdain. You can get productive interior OL later (Tomlinson, Marpet, Jackson).

as of right now barring a trade up (which i think could very much be in play for cooper or white should one get in range) i'd say devantae parker or kendricks...but if they get a mike in free agency (likely mason foster if anyone) then of course that's off...i really hope we don't pay mason foster

as of right barring a trade up (which i think could very much be in play for cooper or white should one get in range) i'd say devantae parker or kendricks...but if they get a mike in free agency (likely mason foster if anyone) then of course that's off...i really hope we don't pay mason foster

Don't you think we trade down and get Kendricks?

I don't see him going that early with the talent on the board.

Don't you think we trade down and get Kendricks?

I don't see him going that early with the talent on the board.

when he came in over 6 ft tall and ran 4.61 i would just take it at #14 if he was the primary target...i have a top 20 grade there...4.61 is a really good time

but if you only want a 2 down guy then you don't need to look at the position there

Back
Top Bottom