MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd?

I think we are looking at a CB. Several times I've heard Tannenbaum say "you have to stop the pass". That means pass rush or coverage.

If you can't stop the short passing game then having Suh and Wake won't matter. The other safety position opposite Reshad is the one to watch, followed by the corner positions. Kendricks would also fit that way.

But if they lose Charles Clay and suddenly find themselves short of pass catching weapons then they have to think about receiver at 14, or possibly move up for one.

If you can't stop the short passing game then having Suh and Wake won't matter. The other safety position opposite Reshad is the one to watch, followed by the corner positions. Kendricks would also fit that way.

But if they lose Charles Clay and suddenly find themselves short of pass catching weapons then they have to think about receiver at 14, or possibly move up for one.

I don't see a free safety worth 14....Kendricks would be ok....though I think we could trade down a bit and still get him.

There are a lot of receivers in this draft so waiting to get one later is not a problem.

Assuming Trae Waynes is gone....who do you like at corner for 14 CK?.........I think Jalen Collins.

I have to agree that stopping the pass is our major priority. We're looking pretty good in the pass rush department, so that only leaves pass defense where we have some holes to fill in our secondary. I believe Trae Waynes will be picked before 14, so trading down and picking up an additional 3rd or 4th would be ideal, then draft Eric Kendricks with the late 1st round pick. The MLB position is a BIG need for us, and because it is very thin in free agency and the draft, Kendricks (although not perfect) is the best option via draft or free agency at this time. CBs is a very deep position in the draft, and just to name a few, we can possibly draft good talent in the second round, such as Ronald Darby, Marcus Peters, Byron Jones, or PJ Williams.

I don't see a free safety worth 14....Kendricks would be ok....though I think we could trade down a bit and still get him.

There are a lot of receivers in this draft so waiting to get one later is not a problem.

Assuming Trae Waynes is gone....who do you like at corner for 14 CK?.........I think Jalen Collins.

There aren't guys I love at that position really until you get a bit later. Trae Waynes is the only guy I like in the 1st round. Marcus Peters has severe discipline issues. P.J. Williams may need to be built from the ground-up and remade into an off corner. Jalen Collins is inconsistent in all phases as befits his experience level. Make that x2 for a Quinten Rollins. Doran Grant is a great human and great physical specimen, extremely coachable and hard working. But he's also a pure man corner that gets real iffy when playing off.

I really like Steven Nelson a lot and I might have been a little tough on D'Joun Smith whose speed is clearly better than I thought.

Byron Jones is hercules physically. The NFL will draft him high and I can't blame them. I would have interest myself.

A guy I have to do some work on would be Ronald Darby. I already know that I like Ifo Ekpre-Olomu and I view drafting him as a great investment for a few years down the road.

So many guys you could take late that are worthy...Damian Swann, Justin Coleman, Craig Mager, Bobby McCain head up the list. I would be intrigued with Swann as a safety that could get moved all around the field.

There aren't guys I love at that position really until you get a bit later. Trae Waynes is the only guy I like in the 1st round. Marcus Peters has severe discipline issues. P.J. Williams may need to be built from the ground-up and remade into an off corner. Jalen Collins is inconsistent in all phases as befits his experience level. Make that x2 for a Quinten Rollins. Doran Grant is a great human and great physical specimen, extremely coachable and hard working. But he's also a pure man corner that gets real iffy when playing off.

I really like Steven Nelson a lot and I might have been a little tough on D'Joun Smith whose speed is clearly better than I thought.

Byron Jones is hercules physically. The NFL will draft him high and I can't blame them. I would have interest myself.

A guy I have to do some work on would be Ronald Darby. I already know that I like Ifo Ekpre-Olomu and I view drafting him as a great investment for a few years down the road.

So many guys you could take late that are worthy...Damian Swann, Justin Coleman, Craig Mager, Bobby McCain head up the list. I would be intrigued with Swann as a safety that could get moved all around the field.

I really like Justin Coleman. He didn't get matched up a lot on Cooper during the game this year, but it was quick on quick and fun to watch for a few snaps. I think Coleman surprises people and goes in the first three rounds.

If were going to pay Suh this kind of $ we need to do whatever we can to maximize his effect.

Malcom Brown seems like the guy to go after IMO. Wouldn't be mad at Landon Collins either, this defense needs to go downhill.

I think you've got to listen to James Ihedigbo.

He was asked the strangest thing he's seen offenses do to compensate for Suh's dominance. He said the screen game. The Patriots dropped back 53 times, a bunch of screens the whole way. Only 9 of those 53 attempts did Brady hold onto the football longer than 2.5 seconds. His average time before he threw the ball was 2.16 seconds. Even Ndamukong Suh rushing straight up the middle can't do sh-t against that kind of attack.

So you need the OTHER guys to be prepared for it, because the thing is, the Patriots strategy WORKED. Patriots won that game like 34-9.

I remember that game, Suh was quite frustrated too, but it goes to show the respect they had for Suh too.

The pats just won a SB doing that nonsense, there incredibly efficient at it.

Which is why I want Browm or Collins. Defense has to play downfield in today's NFL against the good offenses.

According to Barry Jackson the fins are having Vic Beasley in for a meeting. That's just too much smoke without fire for me...I think they like him a lot and I think it's Tannebaum running the show. He sees the possibilities of building an elite defense

According to Barry Jackson the fins are having Vic Beasley in for a meeting. That's just too much smoke without fire for me...I think they like him a lot and I think it's Tannebaum running the show. He sees the possibilities of building an elite defense

i read that too and was curious. would he even be there at #14 though???

also how would he really fit in with our 4-3? he'd have a lot to learn, plus struggles vastly against the running game. its like a Dion Jordan needing to learn a position again. I am not sold on this.

Back
Top Bottom