MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd?

beasley and gregory aren't 43 de's...unless you plan on drafting a situational rusher only at pick 14...all these guys aren't every down fits for miami...not with all the solb options miami already has in house

you draft these guys unless you put them at strong on early downs again where we have tons of options already you will struggle to find them snaps in anything other than the sub package...be like dion jordan all over again...and of course the lb play abilities would be a complete projection as well

We don't have good SLB options in house, and the difference between Gregory/Beasley and Jordan is that they're elite athletes and great football players. Jordan was a good athlete and a mediocre football player. There's a key difference. If we could grab Von Miller, you'd piss on that because of the bad experience with Jordan? Makes no sense to me. Gregory and Beasley have elite quickness for pass rushers, and they both use their hands very well. Top 5 talents in my book.

We don't have good SLB options in house, and the difference between Gregory/Beasley and Jordan is that they're elite athletes and great football players. Jordan was a good athlete and a mediocre football player. There's a key difference. If we could grab Von Miller, you'd piss on that because of the bad experience with Jordan? Makes no sense to me. Gregory and Beasley have elite quickness for pass rushers, and they both use their hands very well. Top 5 talents in my book.

jordan was as good an athlete as you will find coming out...so that one i don't buy...he destroyed the combine...beasley and gregory have elite quickness but they are still both pretty raw as far as rush arsenal...and drafting them to play off the los on early downs is a complete projection...not saying they can't but it's not what you are giving them a top 5 grade in the first place for if you have them that high...you have them that high because of their ability to come forward and get after the qb...

if you are grading any edge player in the top 5 it absolutely has to be about getting to the qb and finishing sacks to validate the grade...235 lb gregory and carb loaded after playing maybe in the low 230's 246 lb beasley who carries that weight well no doubt project as every down players no projection in a 34...wolb

I've narrowed my choices to Parker, Brown, La El.

I like Scherff as well.....It wouldn't be sexy to Dolphin fans.....but Scherff or Collins would give us a hell of an offensive line with much needed versatility.

I also like Trae Waynes.

jordan was as good an athlete as you will find coming out...so that one i don't buy...he destroyed the combine...beasley and gregory have elite quickness but they are still both pretty raw as far as rush arsenal...and drafting them to play off the los on early downs is a complete projection...not saying they can't but it's not what you are giving them a top 5 grade in the first place for if you have them that high...you have them that high because of their ability to come forward and get after the qb...

if you are grading any edge player in the top 5 it absolutely has to be about getting to the qb and finishing sacks to validate the grade...235 lb gregory and carb loaded after playing maybe in the low 230's 246 lb beasley who carries that weight well no doubt project as every down players no projection in a 34...wolb

This isn't true, hoops. Jordan showed didn't show high-level explosiveness or high-level quickness. He tested like a good athlete for a tall guy - basically, a less explosive Gregory with way, way less quickness (key difference). I had top-10 grades on Gregory, Beasley, Dupree, and Ray - pending the Combine/Pro Day. So far, each of the first three has met or exceeded expectations. Still waiting on Ray. Gregory was reportedly sick in the hospital leading up to the Combine - said he was 240 before getting sick, so his 238 weigh in at his Pro Day is somewhat encouraging. I don't see him having a hard time carrying 250-260 with an NFL nutritionist and exercise program.

I'm not a Greg Cosell guy, but a bunch of people recently jumped on him for saying that Gregory is a better athlete than Clowney. He should have been more careful with his wording, but I immediately knew what he meant, and Gregory's Pro Day confirmed what I expected (and then some). His agility is off the charts, and when you combine that with his length, and his instincts, you see why teams double and triple-teamed him.

Anyway, these three all look like future All Pros. I'd comp Dupree with Houston, Gregory with Von Miller meets Aldon Smith, Beasley with Von Miller meets Cam Wake. To be clear, I'm not advocating that Gregory will be some superhuman marriage of Miller and Smith, but he shares strong traits with each (Miller's feet, Smith's hands). Same with Beasley and Miller/Wake.

I have Winston #1, because he's a stud QB. After that, I have a pick'em with Williams, Beasley, Dupree, and Gregory, then I have Cooper and White.

I like Scherff as well.....It wouldn't be sexy to Dolphin fans.....but Scherff or Collins would give us a hell of an offensive line with much needed versatility.

I also like Trae Waynes.

I'm not a Scherff guy, he lacks the physicality you'd expect from a guy his size, which is why I like La El, guy is a true mauler, and we seriously Need that.

Also wont consider Trae until I see his pro day, he has numbers that need to show major improvement, His combine was garbage IMO.

That's a solid list. I don't have any of those players rated worse that 14 (Brown at 14). I have La'el Collins #9 and Parker #11. If one of Beasley, Dupree, or Gregory sees 14, I couldn't pass on those guys. The edge is absolutely the best positions in the 1st round of this draft, and I don't believe in bypassing rare opportunities to fill needs. The WR and DT positions are also strong, and you represent them here, and I have La'el Collins as the best O-lineman in the draft. So, again, I'd be good with any of these picks, but my first option would be to take one of those three edge players.

I'm not a big Dupree fan, but your def helping to turn me.

You make great points About him, but the tape, especially against the top competition hasn't been there for me. But if we got Suh, the more athletic pass rushers we can find, the better. So I'm def gonna take a closer look at him.

I think Parker is gone by 14, especially with White blowing up and the teams ahead of us possibly looking WR. Gamble on DGB, take Strong, or nab Gordon. If offensive playmakers aren't worth the value then look at Waynes and Peters (though not really liking the corners in this draft all together).

So Suh is coming.. Now let's see who they go after.. I'm still on Gordon.. But going and getting one of those top WR wouldnt bother me at all.. But my gut says they go the best defense player on the board.. What player would you trade up for? I'm thinking if we did it would have to be Beasley, White or cooper..

i want parker- we need an alpha WR to replace Wallace when he's cut next offseason. but, if he's not there, i'm not opposed to taking BPA, offense or defense.

So Suh is coming.. Now let's see who they go after.. I'm still on Gordon.. But going and getting one of those top WR wouldnt bother me at all.. But my gut says they go the best defense player on the board.. What player would you trade up for? I'm thinking if we did it would have to be Beasley, White or cooper..

I would only trade up for White. I hope they don't but that would be my pick.

My Wish List: In order of importance to me.

1.)White/ Cooper/ Parker.. in that order (Still undecided on DGB)
2.)Kendricks
3.)Shelton/ Brown
4.)Gurley/ Gordon
5.)Scherff
6.)Waynes/ Peters/ Jaelin Collins.. in that order

We need our scouting dept to comape White, Cooper and Parker; if any of them fall to 14. But player who might not be BPA but a key fit at the moment might be Kendricks. We need to determine if hes the guy who can man the middle. Cause if he is then the front seven is pretty set esp with Misi moving back outside. This team needs to thoroughly look at Kendricks and make the evaluation.

If there were any chance of getting Cooper at a reasonable price, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Kid will be a an elite receiver at the next level.

Back
Top Bottom