MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd?

I'm just curious if they have any plans for Jordan Tripp and if they do...what are they? Is he too small? did he put on mass? gain strength? Would really give us options in the draft

I'm just curious if they have any plans for Jordan Tripp and if they do...what are they? Is he too small? did he put on mass? gain strength? Would really give us options in the draft

I think he's in the plans but there is no way to know for sure.

He showed pretty good instincts and athleticism in college, But wasn't physical at all.

He was like the guy at the bar who talked a big game, looked like he could wreck anyone, made you think he was about to Take on anyone, and than he fights and gets his ass kicked, and you wonder WTF just happened.

That's kind of how Jordan looked on the field in college.

I have no problem if they target Kendricks.......but I don't like the value at 14.

well it's much better value than stephone anthony at pick 47 i know that

just comes down to where kendricks grades out for you...for me he's top 20

The top 3 WRs will be gone, unless we move up. I can see KC trying to jump ahead of us.

It seems unlikely we'd take a DT, when we have Suh, Mitchell, Francis, Johnson, Coleman.

Landon Collins isn't a fit.

There isn't really a TE worth a #14 pick.

I personally don't rate any of the LBs as good enough for the #14 (well, Dawson would be a consideration for me but not for most people) and I suspect that we might try to manage with Kelvin Sheppard as a 2-down mike.

While we might need tackle cover, I doubt we try to address it in the first round.

That leaves CB, OG, RB, DE.

I doubt Peters is on our board. Jalen Collins is - what Awsi would call - a huge "happy adjustment". We can't afford the time that kid needs and I still believe he's tackle-shy. Kevin Johnson is a good looking corner, but top 15? Nah. Waynes is really the only de-facto Round 1 CB. I'm a fan, love his desire and his combativeness.

I can see the FO loving Melvin Gordon. Personally, I think his production is very inflated, but he's a system fit. I wouldn't, but I bet he's on our board.

The only thing against us taking Scherff or La'el Collins at 14 is the fan reaction, having put a R1 guy into our oline last year. But if Suh was on board, the FO could gamble that we'll all put up and this is a very likely scenario, imo. I really think we should sort out guard in FA or later in the draft, but Hickey has already proven he'll take a lineman in R1.

Beasley, Dupree and Ray are all considerations, only Dupree is already at 4-3 DE typical size. I don't see the Gregory hype. Fowler looks high motor and high character but doesn't scream elite. Armstead is a big reach, but we have the luxury of not needing him for at least a season.

So, I'm guessing it's a choice from:

1) Waynes
2) Gordon
3)Scherff/Collins
4) Ray/Dupree/Beasley/Armstead

My pick would either be Waynes or Ray, depending on how well we address CB in FA.

IF, we land Suh...

...I'm thinking we should draft a LB, if one is available and worthy of 14 pick. Otherwise, draft a WR for RT. But, if we get Suh, we have a chance to have a dominate D, but, not w/o drafting a LB. Not sure who is a abailable but, if there is a LB, we should take him. If we don't get Suh, draft D. Parker or DGB. Thoughts...

Do we really need another Suh thread for this? You couldn't post this in the other 12 Suh threads?

The top 3 WRs will be gone, unless we move up. I can see KC trying to jump ahead of us.

It seems unlikely we'd take a DT, when we have Suh, Mitchell, Francis, Johnson, Coleman.

Landon Collins isn't a fit.

There isn't really a TE worth a #14 pick.

I personally don't rate any of the LBs as good enough for the #14 (well, Dawson would be a consideration for me but not for most people) and I suspect that we might try to manage with Kelvin Sheppard as a 2-down mike.

While we might need tackle cover, I doubt we try to address it in the first round.

That leaves CB, OG, RB, DE.

I doubt Peters is on our board. Jalen Collins is - what Awsi would call - a huge "happy adjustment". We can't afford the time that kid needs and I still believe he's tackle-shy. Kevin Johnson is a good looking corner, but top 15? Nah. Waynes is really the only de-facto Round 1 CB. I'm a fan, love his desire and his combativeness.

I can see the FO loving Melvin Gordon. Personally, I think his production is very inflated, but he's a system fit. I wouldn't, but I bet he's on our board.

The only thing against us taking Scherff or La'el Collins at 14 is the fan reaction, having put a R1 guy into our oline last year. But if Suh was on board, the FO could gamble that we'll all put up and this is a very likely scenario, imo. I really think we should sort out guard in FA or later in the draft, but Hickey has already proven he'll take a lineman in R1.

Beasley, Dupree and Ray are all considerations, only Dupree is already at 4-3 DE typical size. I don't see the Gregory hype. Fowler looks high motor and high character but doesn't scream elite. Armstead is a big reach, but we have the luxury of not needing him for at least a season.

So, I'm guessing it's a choice from:

1) Waynes
2) Gordon
3)Scherff/Collins
4) Ray/Dupree/Beasley/Armstead

My pick would either be Waynes or Ray, depending on how well we address CB in FA.

I'm on the same page.....but the real question remains?

Can we get a legit starting left guard in free agency?......... and would the real value be in a Brandon Scherrf or La'el Collins?......depending on your preference....who can both start at guard and swing out to tackle if necessary.

I for one would not have a problem with picking one of those....I'm a little tired of the 100 plus sacks Tannehill has had to endure...and yet still be expected to be elite.

We could draft a guard in round 2 or 3....but will they have the versatility of Scherff and Collins?....I doubt it.

I personally think Trae Waynes is worth 14, and corners are essential in this as well.

As bad as we need a real mike backer...I really don't want to reach at 14 when there is real value sitting there.

I do believe we can fill this later.

I'm also ok with trading down in this draft to the 20's and taking a Kendrick's if Mike backer is their target...it would give us an extra pick to get a starting guard in round two or three,

Do we really need another Suh thread for this? You couldn't post this in the other 12 Suh threads?

i just cant wait for FA to open, Suh to sign somewhere so all the Suh talk dies out.

and yeah i was hoping they all merged too!!!

Where is the better value?

Kendricks and a 2nd tier WR

or

Parker and a 2 down LB like Perrymon...

Or is it easier to find a playmaking WR or a 3 down MLB with read diag skills?

well it's much better value than stephone anthony at pick 47 i know that

just comes down to where kendricks grades out for you...for me he's top 20

That's what it boils down too....I Grade him late first to middle of the 2nd.

If they take him at 14....I hope I'm wrong.

I have watched this team over the years draft for need and pass over impact players all too often.

Where is the better value?

Kendricks and a 2nd tier WR

or

Parker and a 2 down LB like Perrymon...

Or is it easier to find a playmaking WR or a 3 down MLB with read diag skills?

i think its easier to obtain competitive WRs, then a 3 down Mike with instincts and read diagnosis skills

i think its easier to obtain competitive WRs, then a 3 down Mike with instincts and read diagnosis skills

Then you go with Kendricks...

Last year you had 4 or 5 playmakers at WR...3 or 4 this year...

and what....2 good MLBs over the last 3 drafts...I think you are correct.

I think that some of you on here need to remember last year's draft. They chose James and felt that he had value where we chose even though most thought it was too high. Our FO thought that he was the last talented OT on the board when we chose. If they feel that we need to draft a Mike at 14, Eric Kendricks might very well be the pick because of the drop off in talent at the ILB in the draft. Hard to say what happens but I have a feeling that our FO's big board looks something like this, Cooper, White, Parker, Kendricks. We'll see.

Scherff, Parker, Waynes, Gordon (whom I like more than Gurley, who imo compliments Miller better), or find a way to trade back a few (Kendricks, Strong)

I go alot like this minus Sherff unless Sherff becomes Zach Martin as G but he would be last on that list.

Gordon is dynamic. parker may be a bigger need.

Back
Top Bottom