MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd?

I think that with our limited financial capabilities after the arrival of Suh.

You pretty much have to come out of this draft with someone who can at least be functional at MLB.
Even if you accept Misi at the MLB position, the guy is not the most durable player in the world.

Tripp?

Why spend all this money on the d-line when teams will just hammer you for your sub par linebacker play.

If White and Cooper and possibly Parker are gone at 14 and no one is giving you an offer to slide down.
Kendricks has to be taken under consideration there.

Also have to keep in mind Suh makes the entire front 7 better by a lot.

That's why he has so much value, what he does is great, what he allows everyone around him to do is amazing. Being dominating at that position is a bigger difference from any other position besides QB.

Honestly if Were to Land him, I'd Still consider drafting a top notch DT. Get the best talent you can to benefit from Suh.

I would trade down with philly to 20 and also give them Jordon for their 2nd and 4th round picks.

If Gordon is still there, take him.

Waynes then Kendricks.

I would not reach for Kendricks in round one.....Get a playmaker in round one and take Stephone Anthony Clemson in round two.....bigger and faster three down Mike Backer than Kendricks.

With the saints likely to cut lofton, they could grab him at 13 to fill that hole cheap, but they will have a lot of holes so...

I would not reach for Kendricks in round one.....Get a playmaker in round one and take Stephone Anthony Clemson in round two.....bigger and faster three down Mike Backer than Kendricks.

He looks soft in the tape I've seen of him but he's tested well and someone will take him early...fools gold IMO.

He looks soft in the tape I've seen of him but he's tested well and someone will take him early...fools gold IMO.

yup.... i've been quiet with the Stephone Anthony comments in some recent threads... you know my thoughts!!!

Kendricks is the most over rated ILB in the draft. I'd take Stephone Anthony over him in round three!!!

Would you...i just watched every bit of tape i have on anthony just to confirm my prior takes...the kids the size speed and athlete you covet on the inside at lb...hell hes better than what you look for in those regards...but he hasnt got a ****ing clue in the run game...everything he does period is post snap reactionary...everything...if his primary assignment is the back in the passing game he can sniff out a screen no doubt but he fills the wrong gaps or is late vs the run on repeat...once he sees it he fires to the ball and his click and close is very high end but hes so late vs the outside run guys turn the corner and run by him when he should be flowing laterally if he had any read and diag at all and meeting the ball at the los especially when clean...gets caught up inside in trash by reach 2nd level linemen cause again hes late on repeat

Theres not an ounce of read and diag here to be found all athlete playing lb...this doesnt help miamis biggest problem at mike at all...theres zero instincts for the position

Fellas take it off your board unless you want to be saying where is the freaking mike on repeat which ive been doing for 2 years now with what we have had masquerading as them...

Eric kendricks instincts and read and diag and and ability to be ahead of the play all over his tape blow this guys tape out the water

Would be a straight awful pick for miamis needs

Would you...i just watched every bit of tape i have on anthony just to confirm my prior takes...the kids the size speed and athlete you covet on the inside at lb...hell hes better than what you look for in those regards...but he hasnt got a ****ing clue in the run game...everything he does period is post snap reactionary...everything...if his primary assignment is the back in the passing game he can sniff out a screen no doubt but he fills the wrong gaps or is late vs the run on repeat...once he sees it he fires to the ball and his click and close is very high end but hes so late vs the outside run guys turn the corner and run by him when he should be flowing laterally if he had any read and diag at all and meeting the ball at the los especially when clean...gets caught up inside in trash by reach 2nd level linemen cause again hes late on repeat

Theres not an ounce of read and diag here to be found all athlete playing lb...this doesnt help miamis biggest problem at mike at all...theres zero instincts for the position

Fellas take it off your board unless you want to be saying where is the freaking mike on repeat which ive been doing for 2 years now with what we have had masquerading as them...

Eric kendricks instincts and read and diag and and ability to be ahead of the play all over his tape blow this guys tape out the water

Would be a straight awful pick for miamis needs

once again i've been quiet..... you know i agree and got your back here as well

I think Kendricks would absolutely make sense if Suh is signed. With that protection up front, Kendricks could become an all-pro. There's really nothing about his game I don't like. I agree the team could trade down a bit and still get him, but I also agree with those that say he goes sooner than expected.

I'm intrigued by other players. Still would like Gurley and be able to dictate the running game. Can you imagine Brown at DT next to Suh? Don't see that happening, but that would just terrorize offensive lines. I love Dupree and think three years from now people will be saying how did so and so get drafted before Dupree? I'm not convinced that he starts right away in Miami, though. Also don't know if the coaching staff would find the right position for him.

Two tackles who figure as guards in the NFL -- Collins and Scherff would make a lot of sense (not sexy picks) in putting the final pieces together on the offensive line.

And, of course, I would love any of the top four receivers. For me (in order), Cooper, White, Parker and Strong.

how do you go from he's not a scheme fit to our pick at 14 :ponder:

It's not who we will pick, but we should. I have him as the 5th best player (3rd if you throw out QBs). Unless Leonard Williams or Amari Cooper fall to #14, Waynes will be BPA.

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

And after watching his movement skills at the combine he can easily play off coverage which Miami runs almost exclusively. I had him #8 going into the combine so it's not like he made a huge leap either, I was always a fan of his press man skills.

Hendricks , La'el Collins, Wayne's, Parker. In that order for me.

Back
Top Bottom