MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: If Suh is signed who do we take in the 1st Rd?

Kendrick's would be best player for our defense as Mike is a desperate need, but Brown next to Suh with our DE's would be a ferocious front four!

As far as LG that Ali Marpet has the athleticism and measurable's similar to Joe Bitonio he could be had in round 2 and complete the O line rebuild. Also, for those considering DE as Wake is getting up there a 4th rounder on Chickillo could be a wise investment as long as you develop him instead of expecting him to be plug and play. He was miscast in the idiots defense as 5 technique, but his experience as a 5 could make him an effective run/rush end, although we already have Shelby and Fede who have similarities but are not the same athletes.

Kendrick's would be best player for our defense as Mike is a desperate need, but Brown next to Suh with our DE's would be a ferocious front four!

As far as LG that Ali Marpet has the athleticism and measurable's similar to Joe Bitonio he could be had in round 2 and complete the O line rebuild. Also, for those considering DE as Wake is getting up there a 4th rounder on Chickillo could be a wise investment as long as you develop him instead of expecting him to be plug and play. He was miscast in the idiots defense as 5 technique, but his experience as a 5 could make him an effective run/rush end, although we already have Shelby and Fede who have similarities but are not the same athletes.

agreed with Malcom Brown next to Suh... but not much worries there for DT is pretty talented and deep in the draft this year... Xavier Cooper, Carl Davis I am also big on as well.

I am friends with some relatives of Chickalo's and the last time I talked the them they told me he wasn't fond of the idea of playing in Miami because of the lack of support by the fans. Not what I wanted to hear cause I was looking for some perks.

Take the best Wide Receiver on the board at #14.

Randy Gregory cemented his spot in the top 6 with his 6.79 (also seeing 6.73) 3-cone. I thought he'd do well in that drill, but good night. Before we going comparing Gregory to Jordan, understand that Jordan put up a 7.02 3-cone, which is fine but not elite, and Gregory uses his hands and his COD to win. Amazing draft for edge rushers, and it's wild that some people still have Fowler as the best.

Boy Kendricks cleaning up Suhs scraps is tempting but do we get a Mason Foster or Lofton in FA? Waynes would be great but do we get a Flowers or sone else in FA? I dont know but I have visions of Todd Gurley running the ball in the 4th quarter protecting the lead, churning clock and keeping the D fresh and i like it...give me Gurley. Hes special.

We are in desperate need of a premium talent and game changer.

And the guy that should be there at 14, that has a good shot at being the aforementioned is Melvin Gordon. You want to help your quarterback? So that he can get clean looks off play action? Draft Gordon.

If Miami is able to sign Suh, I have Carl Davis as his best compliment at DT. I have him #20 overall. I think Daryl Gardner is a good comp for Carl Davis - guys who look like rocked-up 5-techs. With that length and strength next to Suh, your MLB is staying clean. Davis isn't my first choice, but he'd be an excellent fit.

Assuming the Jets and Raiders are satisfied at WR after free agency, that means a guy like White, Cooper, or Parker will be there at 14. I say we go for one of them because we need a big target and I assume Mike Wallace is not going to be here very long. If none of those guys are there, then I think we should take Gurley. The reason I am so set on going for offense is because I think taking a defensive player at 14 is a reach because the good defensive talent is going early. I like Kendricks, but only if we trade back. I would rather take a very good talent (Gurley) than reach for a guy who will be there later in the 1st round.

Assuming the Jets and Raiders are satisfied at WR after free agency, that means a guy like White, Cooper, or Parker will be there at 14. I say we go for one of them because we need a big target and I assume Mike Wallace is not going to be here very long. If none of those guys are there, then I think we should take Gurley. The reason I am so set on going for offense is because I think taking a defensive player at 14 is a reach because the good defensive talent is going early. I like Kendricks, but only if we trade back. I would rather take a very good talent (Gurley) than reach for a guy who will be there later in the 1st round.

White, Cooper yes.... Parker I am still not huge on him up at #14

My wish list at #14

1. Davante Parker
2. Danny Shelton
3. Trae Waynes
4. Jaelen Strong
5. Todd Gurley

Any other pick besides these 5 would upset me. If we're going to target a MLB or a guard than we should trade down into the 20s, and I legit think that Gurley would be a top 10 pick if he were healthy. The dude is an animal that's a monster threat to return kicks as well as be a great back.

I wouldn't be upset w a trade up for Parker either.

I've narrowed my choices to Parker, Brown, La El.

That's a solid list. I don't have any of those players rated worse that 14 (Brown at 14). I have La'el Collins #9 and Parker #11. If one of Beasley, Dupree, or Gregory sees 14, I couldn't pass on those guys. The edge is absolutely the best positions in the 1st round of this draft, and I don't believe in bypassing rare opportunities to fill needs. The WR and DT positions are also strong, and you represent them here, and I have La'el Collins as the best O-lineman in the draft. So, again, I'd be good with any of these picks, but my first option would be to take one of those three edge players.

beasley and gregory aren't 43 de's...unless you plan on drafting a situational rusher only at pick 14...all these guys aren't every down fits for miami...not with all the solb options miami already has in house

you draft these guys unless you put them at strong on early downs again where we have tons of options already you will struggle to find them snaps in anything other than the sub package...be like dion jordan all over again...and of course the lb play abilities would be a complete projection as well

Back
Top Bottom