MERGED: Ireland hired by Seahawks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ireland hired by Seahawks

You can't fix stupid! They couldn't have hired a guy more polar opposite then their approach!

That is brilliant! Whatever Ireland says you should do...do the exact opposite and you will be money!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

this isn't a bad move at all. He sucked as a GM there is no doubt, but he was regarded as one of the best scouts in the NFL with the Cowboys. Atlanta hired former GM's Billy Devaney, and Scott Pioli this offseason. Again, he was a bad GM, but he was one of the best in the league in rounds 4-7 during his tenure in Miami. Seattle also has a proficiency with that as well. I think this is a solid move.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

John Schneider knows what the hell he is doing... TRUST ME.. he only built a super bowl team in 4 years..

Hahaahahahahahahahaaaaa they can have him. Evaluating talent is not his strong suit.

Just seen this hit my twitter-http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000344651/article/exdolphins-gm-jeff-ireland-joining-seattle-seahawks

Yeah, they just won a SB, have a ton of young talent, and will be $50M under next year's cap. I would LOVE to be that crazy for just one year.

HAHA NOW THE SEAHAWKS ARE GOING TO lose EVERY GAME! RIGHT GUYS? HAHA #FIRELAND LOOKS LIKE ITS TIME FOR SEATTLE TO FLY A PLANE AROUND THE STADIUM LOL EVERUY PICK WILL BE A BUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Actually, I bet Ireland has learned a lot from his mistakes, and can help course Schneider away from some of the ill-advised decisions he made himself. It's never bad when you add a former GM to your front office. Just because he failed as a head man doesn't mean he doesn't have value in a front office. Just because some coordinators fail as head coaches, does that mean they still can't be good coordinators? Absolutely not.

This is like giving a **** about who your ex girlfriend is now ****ing. Who cares

funny how Ireland couldn't find talent for Miami, but all of a sudden, he's great at finding talent. seahawks will start to reach the bottom of their division, if they take Irelands consults seriously. I give him a couple of years.

John Schneider is two steps ahead of everyone else, that's how he built a SB team in only 4 years. Never a bad move to add a former GM to your front office. Yes Ireland was a very bad GM. But give him credit, he nailed a ton of day 3 picks. Something Seattle also does extremely well. Ireland's struggles were evaluations in free agency, rounds 1-3, and contract negations. He found his "acorns" though.. Hartline, Chris Clemons, Nolan Carroll, RJ, Charles Clay, and Jimmy Wilson were all very good picks on day 3

John Schneider is two steps ahead of everyone else, that's how he built a SB team in only 4 years. Never a bad move to add a former GM to your front office. Yes Ireland was a very bad GM. But give him credit, he nailed a ton of day 3 picks. Something Seattle also does extremely well. Ireland's struggles were evaluations in free agency, rounds 1-3, and contract negations. He found his "acorns" though.. Hartline, Chris Clemons, Nolan Carroll, RJ, Charles Clay, and Jimmy Wilson were all very good picks on day 3

Well, we knew there were people in the league who liked Ireland, because they were always quoted as unknown league sources by the beat writers. So I guess some of them are in Seattle. Notice though, that it's just consulting.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

This is true. He was good at scouting, specifically late rounders. Just bad at building an actual team, and bad people skills.

seems like he just stepped over a cliff, on this one.

Back
Top Bottom