MERGED: Ireland hired by Seahawks | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Ireland hired by Seahawks

Talent. Hmmmmm. Mike Sherman, Joe Philbin, tony sparano, Dan Henning, Brian Daboll. YEP. I can see where bad talent was added and not bad coaching.

John Schneider is two steps ahead of everyone else, that's how he built a SB team in only 4 years. Never a bad move to add a former GM to your front office. Yes Ireland was a very bad GM. But give him credit, he nailed a ton of day 3 picks. Something Seattle also does extremely well. Ireland's struggles were evaluations in free agency, rounds 1-3, and contract negations. He found his "acorns" though.. Hartline, Chris Clemons, Nolan Carroll, RJ, Charles Clay, and Jimmy Wilson were all very good picks on day 3

This is exactly how I feel about Ireland.

He wasn't qualified to be "the" guy for a litany of reasons(bad vision, leadership, interpersonal relations) but put him in the war room as a consultant and he will likely be an asset for the Hawks.

Actually, I bet Ireland has learned a lot from his mistakes, and can help course Schneider away from some of the ill-advised decisions he made himself. It's never bad when you add a former GM to your front office. Just because he failed as a head man doesn't mean he doesn't have value in a front office. Just because some coordinators fail as head coaches, does that mean they still can't be good coordinators? Absolutely not.

Guys with egos the size of Ireland's don't learn from their mistakes. That would require acknowledging that he made mistakes in the first place, rather than pawning it off on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Mods, I see this story was already merged.. My bad, I'm late to the party :oops:

Actually, I bet Ireland has learned a lot from his mistakes, and can help course Schneider away from some of the ill-advised decisions he made himself. It's never bad when you add a former GM to your front office. Just because he failed as a head man doesn't mean he doesn't have value in a front office. Just because some coordinators fail as head coaches, does that mean they still can't be good coordinators? Absolutely not.

It took him five years to learn from his mistakes?

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

The Seahawks go 7-9 next year.

10,000 vBucks you're wrong

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Well they had a good run.

Stealing Gonzo's exact quote eh?

He is a draft consultant, he will not be running their draft. John Idzik was a part of Seattle's buidling contract wise and nobody acts like he is a genius gm for the jets

iRELAND IS GOING TO BE SENT TO THE cfl - he is money at finding 5th wideouts and kick off returners

I called this the day he was fired. Hes big buddies with the group in seattle. He will be promoted to assistant gm this summer and when they keep winning he will end up getting another gm job in the future

Maybe they believe that they know a bit more than the forum? Nah, could never happen. There must be another reason.

Dont forget: knew more then Stephen Ross. You know, the guy that fired Ireland.

...wait, that doesnt sound so good for the franchise, huh?

How about: Fans fault Ireland was fired.

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 AM ----------

Agreed, just like Ireland learned not to invest tons of resources into the offensive line after drafting Jake Long and signing Justin Smiley.

Its not like we had 5 more years of similar moves.

Now that Ireland and Seattle have "parted ways" there's a number of posts in this thread that read even sillier than they did a few months ago. :lol:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
It's not just Dennis Allen joining Saints. Former Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland is being hired to do college scouting for Saints, per source.

Not sure why teams keep hiring for scouting

Back
Top Bottom