Merged: J Russell is impressing so far | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: J Russell is impressing so far

I thought Jason Campbell looked pretty good in his minimal time at the Redskins helm this year, and he was just drafted in 2005. I don't see the Redskins drafting a QB in the 1st round this year. The Raiders, Lions, Browns, and Bucs maybe, but not the Skins.

Bucs jusy resigned Sims for two years, and the Browns have bigger needs than QB, the Raiders will select QB, and the Lions will take LT Joe Thomas.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: there are too many teams with QB needs drafting ahead of us. Oakland, Detroit, and the Redskins, for example. If Oakland passes on a QB (which is likely... come on, it's Oakland), Detroit won't, and Washington sure as heck will not.

We are not drafting a QB, guys. Sorry. Take solace in the news that the knee scope Culpepper underwent has fixed the source of his pain, and he is now looking much better.

Yes he is, and with a full offseason to rehab and workout, we MIGHT kust be ok with C-Pep!!!

im totally feelin you on this..im a big fan of jamarcus and i think we need to get him no matter what..i think he can be our future franchise qb..but he is def. not gonna be there at #9..we will have to trade up..most prob even to the number 1 spot b/c davis likes those big cannon qbs..how much will it take to move up? i know its gonna take a **** load, but what, like 1st and 2nd? two 1st? 1st and players? whatever it is, i think we should do it..it will finally answer the qb spot once and for all..that will be huge for the franchise.
If he is so good, how come he wasnt even mentioned for the heisman. Yes he had a great game against an overrated ND team but when he played Florida he had 5 yes countem 5 turnovers!!!!

Guys like Russell and Quinn never show up at the combine as they are locks for the top 5. I would love to see Russell show up just to see the speed gun on his velocity. Cutler did show up last year, but he was not a lock for the first round until later in the season and his reps felt it would push him from a late first rounder into the top (which it did).

I see no way we end up with Russell, but I can see Quinn falling after a poor bowl game. He'll still have a performance day at Notre Dame to impress the scouts though.

I also don't see the Redskins picking a QB as Campbell did play decent for a guy with little game experience. But the Raiders, Lions, Tampa, Minny, and Houston will all entertain a QB. Cleveland may but I think they like Anderson for their future QB. Wouldn't be surprised to see 4 or 5 QB's taken before we pick depending on if Brohm comes out and how well Smith does in the bowl/combine along with Colt Brennen from Hawaii. Smith and Brennan should be at the combine to push there way up to the Russell, Quinn, Brohm level.

On the bright side if this happens we have a much better chance at an elite player at another position!!

What 5 QB's on the top 8, no freakin way!!!!! 1 maybe 2. Raiders-QB Lions-LT Tampa-WR Browns-DL Houston-RB Minny-WR

If Troy Smith is available and we don't take him, I'm gonna throw up.. Keep sleeping on Troy... I'd love Jamarcus, but I'd be every bit as thrilled to have Troy.

Wash has Campbelll so nooo!! Houston has carr sooo noooo Vikes like tarvaris Jackson and buccs have simms they signed and Gradkowski lions and raiders are the only teams
I agree. I think alot of people are just assuming that most of the bad teams need Qb's. I think Minn. and Tampa Bay have decisions to make. Maybe one of those two teams pass on a Qb. Either way we won't have a shot at him and I don't think we should look at a Qb in the second rd because I don't like Smith, Henne, or Stanton.

Tonight I was listening to FSR and Chris Landry was on. Jamarcus Russell's name was brought up and said he believes Russell would benefit another year in college. He cited that he his not the hardest worker and that may throw red flags to NFL scouts. Remember he went against a Notre Dame defense that isn't very good. Let's don't christen him as next "enter QB name here" just yet. If it came down to Quinn or Russell, I would take Quinn.

i hope this is ajoke.................
he most likely is going first overall.

comeon quinn looks like an average quarterback while russel looks like he has the goods. size, strength, sees the field well, decent mobility (seen on a 6 yard td scramble). the guys legit and as soon as mel kiper(who everyone jerks to in the months going up till the draft) puts hiim with a little green arrow in his power rankings going to the top eveyrone will be all over russels nuts.

He's guaranteed to go Top 2 now.

Your post is pretty much written in cryptically horrid english, so forgive me if I'm interpreting it wrong, but there's no way Russell is currently "guaranteed to go top 2" for a number of reasons including the implicitly obvious: he hasn't even declared, nobody is ever 'guaranteed', he hasn't worked out for scouts, he hasn't attended the combine, he hasn't partaken in his pro timing day. A lot can happen between then and the draft, and it is indeed possible he falls to us at nine.

When you begin a post with "I hope this is a joke" and end with "he's guaranteed to go top 2", you're kind of sitting in your own pile of crap, slick.

How did this thread actually get accepted.

1) Russel could be the #1 overall pick.

2) Saban traded our 2nd round pick for a bum named Crapepper.

The question you should ask is can we finally trade for a top #10 QB that has been sitting on the Atlanta bench for a couple years and will give us a chance to WIN NOW while we have a great D. Just give up the9th pick and another decent pick if thats what it takes. Or, can we just draft a QB with the 9th pick (Brohm) and get the future going right.

That was last years pick, we have all of our picks except for a 5th rounder.

heres how i see this playing out. Russel has a huge pro day, and wows Al Davis with his 85 yard throws standing, 60 yarders from one knee, and 45 yards from his butt. Davis like his mobility, and the superstar potential. Detroit passes on Quinn, and he see's a fall like Leinhart did last yr. Just what im starting to since. Detroit could easily slect him, but Joe Thomas would be there best bet. I think the QB's get drafted in this order:

1 - JaMarcus Russel
2 - Brady Quinn
3 - Brohm
4 - troy smith
5- Kevin Kolb or Colt Brennen

If he declares he goes one or two to Oak or Det.

If he is so good, how come he wasnt even mentioned for the heisman. Yes he had a great game against an overrated ND team but when he played Florida he had 5 yes countem 5 turnovers!!!!

What does being mentioned for the freakin Heisman has to do with someone being good or not?? A lot of the candidates for the Heisman are there because their schools campaigned for them early and often. Russell wasn't in the campaign because he was too inconsistent as a sophomore. He improved dramatically this year and just as I felt about Vince Young, could use another year of college.

Bucs jusy resigned Sims for two years, and the Browns have bigger needs than QB, the Raiders will select QB, and the Lions will take LT Joe Thomas.
Can't see the Lions taking Thomas. They already have a good left tackle in Backus who they are paying a lot of money for. Wouldn't make sense to take Thomas and move him to RT while paying him crazy money. The Lions need a QB, I'll be amazed if they go in any other direction.

Back
Top Bottom