Merged: J Russell is impressing so far | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: J Russell is impressing so far

i hope so, but we have to wait untill draft day, but i know that anything can happen! :D

After last nights game, he may very well be a top 3 pick. All he needs is a solid showing at the combine.

i dont think we should go for him, hes just like a healthy DC...i know some still dont believe that daunte will ever get back to his old self but for those on us that are optomistic and relying that he will bring back stability to the qb position then it would be pointless to draft a guy that we basically already have. Not a knock on JaMarcus Russell because hes an excellent qb and besides i doubt he will be there at the #9 spot in the draft i could possibly even see him taken at first by oakland who was rummored to have interest in DC before we got him.

Short answer: no.

Long answer: there are too many teams with QB needs drafting ahead of us. Oakland, Detroit, and the Redskins, for example. If Oakland passes on a QB (which is likely... come on, it's Oakland), Detroit won't, and Washington sure as heck will not.

We are not drafting a QB, guys. Sorry. Take solace in the news that the knee scope Culpepper underwent has fixed the source of his pain, and he is now looking much better.

Long answer: there are too many teams with QB needs drafting ahead of us. Oakland, Detroit, and the Redskins, for example. If Oakland passes on a QB (which is likely... come on, it's Oakland), Detroit won't, and Washington sure as heck will not.

We are not drafting a QB, guys. Sorry. Take solace in the news that the knee scope Culpepper underwent has fixed the source of his pain, and he is now looking much better.

I thought Jason Campbell looked pretty good in his minimal time at the Redskins helm this year, and he was just drafted in 2005. I don't see the Redskins drafting a QB in the 1st round this year. The Raiders, Lions, Browns, and Bucs maybe, but not the Skins.

im totally feelin you on this..im a big fan of jamarcus and i think we need to get him no matter what..i think he can be our future franchise qb..but he is def. not gonna be there at #9..we will have to trade up..most prob even to the number 1 spot b/c davis likes those big cannon qbs..how much will it take to move up? i know its gonna take a **** load, but what, like 1st and 2nd? two 1st? 1st and players? whatever it is, i think we should do it..it will finally answer the qb spot once and for all..that will be huge for the franchise.

not without trading up. i made a bet today with my buddy that russell will go before quinn. i hope we can land him but dosen't seem realistic.

I was iffy on Russell before the bowl game, but he def. impressed me there. My complaint was his "off" plays, but he played a high pressure game about as well as you can ask anyone. His combine will be crazy, hes a physicall beast.

Could see him passing Quinn (who is overrated) tbh and going top 3. We will still have a shot at a QB. Assuming the Jrs declare, we could see Quinn, Russell, Smith, Brohm and Brennen in the first. If there is an early run on QBs, we could see them all gone by the 15th potentially. We should have a shot at Smith/Brohm/Brennen, but i think Russell may have played his way out of our reach.

i like culpepper, but to risk the whole season on his knee again is sort of risky..if he comes back healthy,awesome..but god forbid somethin happens, at least we will have a guy that the dolphins finally drafted to come in and play...sooner or later we need to draft one and raise our own qb..i know we got huge needs at other areas..but after this saban fiasco, the club is sort of reeling, the qb situation has been a thorn in the side for so long, i feel if we can get russell, it will point us in a new direction and a new era, and we can forget about all these bad memories from the wanny/saban yrs.

I don't think Russell will be there past the top three.

Quinn can't seem to throw the ball on the run. If Brohm declares, it's possible that he, Quinn and Troy Smith could be available when we pick.

BRIAN brohm !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if he declares he would have a good shot at him.

Guys like Russell and Quinn never show up at the combine as they are locks for the top 5. I would love to see Russell show up just to see the speed gun on his velocity. Cutler did show up last year, but he was not a lock for the first round until later in the season and his reps felt it would push him from a late first rounder into the top (which it did).

I see no way we end up with Russell, but I can see Quinn falling after a poor bowl game. He'll still have a performance day at Notre Dame to impress the scouts though.

I also don't see the Redskins picking a QB as Campbell did play decent for a guy with little game experience. But the Raiders, Lions, Tampa, Minny, and Houston will all entertain a QB. Cleveland may but I think they like Anderson for their future QB. Wouldn't be surprised to see 4 or 5 QB's taken before we pick depending on if Brohm comes out and how well Smith does in the bowl/combine along with Colt Brennen from Hawaii. Smith and Brennan should be at the combine to push there way up to the Russell, Quinn, Brohm level.

On the bright side if this happens we have a much better chance at an elite player at another position!!

Anyone think JaMarcus Russell would be available with the 9th pick in the draft? The guy has a CANNON of an arm and seems to have some good accuracy. I would think that he wont be available at nine, so we would have to trade up to get him. This is possibly our best chance in a while to land a quality player with a top 10 pick, so if it takes a pick and/or player to move up and land a stud like Russell, Johnson etc., I say we do it.

Ummmmm..............NO

Redskins????????? Please they used a 1st on Campbell, no way they are taking a QB! He doesnt even have a full year under his belt!!!

Back
Top Bottom