Merged: J Russell is impressing so far | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: J Russell is impressing so far

those are better #s then Quinns #s agaisnt above average defenses and a good defense.

Michigan 24 of 48 234 yards 50% 3 TDs 3 INTs
USC 22 of 45 275 yards 49% 3 TDs 0 INTs
LSU 15 of 35 148 yards 43% 2 TDs 2 INTs

:rolleyes2

russel plays with the some of the best wr in the country , he also has a great line.
quinn wr are slow ,except one, there line sucks. every pregame show showed how there line cant block anybody.

i believe brohm will be better than both, and i think brennan will either be a super star or total bust, but hes worth a chance. now both are jr and niether one has declared. so i hope that we can get stanton in the 2nd if quinn doesnt fall to us.
russel = aklie smith

russel plays with the some of the best wr in the country , he also has a great line.
quinn wr are slow ,except one, there line sucks. every pregame show showed how there line cant block anybody.

i believe brohm will be better than both, and i think brennan will either be a super star or total bust, but hes worth a chance. now both are jr and niether one has declared. so i hope that we can get stanton in the 2nd if quinn doesnt fall to us.
russel = aklie smith

russell also plays in the best defensive conference in college football and has only 1 bad game all year. and that was agaisnt UF.

also, Smith played agaisnt the Pac10 where he completed less then 60% of his passes.

the only thing they have in common is their skin color.

russell also plays in the best defensive conference in college football and has only 1 bad game all year. and that was agaisnt UF.

also, Smith played agaisnt the Pac10 where he completed less then 60% of his passes.

the only thing they have in common is their skin color.

ok maybe this ones a good comparsion for you.
russel = the hefty lefty.

smith was alot of hype to, big arm an all. russel would never survive being under center and tring to drop back and make the right reads. he wont be in the shotgun 80 percent of the time in the pros.

russel would never survive being under center and tring to drop back and make the right reads.

funny i think that about Quinn and its shown how he cant read a defense to save his life. you base your opinon on how good russell's team is and 1 game.

Why i think Russel goes #1 overall ahead of Quinn

Quinn's #'s vs Top 15 teams (Mich, USC, LSU)
61-128 (47.6%)
656 yards
8TD/5 ints

Russel vs Top 15 teams (Auburn, UF, TENN, ARKANSAS, ND)
103/165 (62.4%)
8/7

funny i think that about Quinn and its shown how he cant read a defense to save his life. you base your opinon on how good russell's team is and 1 game.

russels no more than this years sexy pick. he rise up the charts and be taken 1 or 2 then he screw that team for years, just like eli

i not a huge supporter of quinn, im not sure why you keep using him to make a point.

Rutgers Game

I don't understand why brohm is so high on some peoples list. He certainly didn't give me any sense of a wow factor in the bowl game against wake forest and his 15td's and 6 int season this year is really nothing to jump and down about.

brohm is a good qb in the bowl game he led his team to victory even when they didint have the momentum he has a great arm and most importantly
he didint throw an interception didint make many mistakes unlike quinn and
russel did in the sugar bowl also he showed good acuracy.he showed good
leadership.he had a good game is the stadium were he soon would play pro football as a dolphin:cooldude:
Saw the whole Rutgers game and Brohm threw a couple of bad passes and got picked. His brother wuz chewing him out on the sidelines the whole time. Don't think he will be a great one in the NFL

smith was alot of hype to, big arm an all. russel would never survive being under center and tring to drop back and make the right reads. he wont be in the shotgun 80 percent of the time in the pros.

I think you should go look at LSU tape over the season again. Where you get 80% of pass plays being in shotgun I really don't know.

JaMarcus Russell might not even be a part of this draft, isn't he a junior?

Also, he has problems reading coverage and reminds me a lot of Culpepper...moreso than anyone I've ever seen. We don't need him AT ALL.

We should take a page from the Jets as of late, when it comes to drafting. I know it hurts to say that, but it's true.

Everyone wants to draft Russell but no one is realizing that we already have a Jamarcus Russell, his name is Dante Culpepper. I watched Russell and he plays alot like Culpepper minus the running ability.
How does Russell play like Culpepper? The only comparison you can make between the two is their size.

You know, it's okay to prefer one QB over another but you don't have to make unsubstatiated remarks to make your point. Unless you have watch every game LSU plays you cannot say they stay in the shotgun 80% of the time.
People said the same thing about Vince Young coming out of college and although he didn't have great passing numbers, did win offensive rookie of the year for his play.
Peyton Manning is in the shotgun more than most QBs and he does okay. No I'm not comparing Russell to Manning. I'm only stating that if Russell or any QB can best be utilized from the shotgun then a good coach and coordinator will design plays to take advantage of that.

JaMarcus Russell might not even be a part of this draft, isn't he a junior?

Also, he has problems reading coverage and reminds me a lot of Culpepper...moreso than anyone I've ever seen. We don't need him AT ALL.

We should take a page from the Jets as of late, when it comes to drafting. I know it hurts to say that, but it's true.

Huh? How many games of Russell have you seen this year? He has no more problems reading defenses than any other college QB.

Yes he's a junior.

Take a page from the Jets. You mean to draft a QB in the first round like they did with Pennington?

i hope this is ajoke.................
he most likely is going first overall.

comeon quinn looks like an average quarterback while russel looks like he has the goods. size, strength, sees the field well, decent mobility (seen on a 6 yard td scramble). the guys legit and as soon as mel kiper(who everyone jerks to in the months going up till the draft) puts hiim with a little green arrow in his power rankings going to the top eveyrone will be all over russels nuts.

He's guaranteed to go Top 2 now.

Can we land JaMarcus Russell?

Anyone think JaMarcus Russell would be available with the 9th pick in the draft? The guy has a CANNON of an arm and seems to have some good accuracy. I would think that he wont be available at nine, so we would have to trade up to get him. This is possibly our best chance in a while to land a quality player with a top 10 pick, so if it takes a pick and/or player to move up and land a stud like Russell, Johnson etc., I say we do it.

Back
Top Bottom