Merged: J Russell is impressing so far | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: J Russell is impressing so far

Id like that

I'll bet you money that he's the first overall pick. Especially after his vs Brady Quinn's performance in the Sugar Bowl. If he's available at number 9 we should thank our lucky starts and jump on him, if he decides to come out this year in the first place which he probably will.

The knee wasn't the problem, it's the brain that wasn't getting the job done.

i agree with you on this. He just wasn't mentally there. However, im not giving up on him. I think he can handle it. I mean look what culpepper had to work with. Mularkey as the Offensive coach, and Saban as the head coach.

I don't understand why brohm is so high on some peoples list. He certainly didn't give me any sense of a wow factor in the bowl game against wake forest and his 15td's and 6 int season this year is really nothing to jump and down about.

So far tonight watching jmarc, aside of one bonhead throw late in the third quarter or early in the fourth (int in endzone), he has been awfully good looking. At this point there is no way he falls to us at nine.

I was hoping we could get a big name WR in FA since Calvin Johnson will also be gone when we pick. that way we could maybe snag one of the better QB's. At this point it looks like we may just have to go Oline or OLB.
Another stud OLB and we got one of the best if not the best LB group in the league.

It should be interesting.

your are right im not a huge fan of Brohm i rather have a qb like Russell he is so big , has a strong arm and seems like he will be a outstanding Nfl qb..i only hope that the phins can get him

your are right im not a huge fan of Brohm i rather have a qb like Russell he is so big , has a strong arm and seems like he will be a outstanding Nfl qb..i only hope that the phins can get him

hes not a LB he plays qb.

we need a pocket passer, one who can read defenses , make good and fast decisions, and preform when the defense is presuring the hell out of him.
a guy who is the student of the game.

russel looked good but ND couldnt get near him and ND didnt have the players to keep up with lsu wr or rbs.
LSU was a far better team in every way.
russel is fools gold

hes not a LB he plays qb.

we need a pocket passer, one who can read defenses , make good and fast decisions, and preform when the defense is presuring the hell out of him.
a guy who is the student of the game.

russel looked good but ND couldnt get near him and ND didnt have the players to keep up with lsu wr or rbs.
LSU was a far better team in every way.
russel is fools gold

Russell is a pocket passer and despite what many have said, can read defenses and except for a couple of passes last night made some very good decision. The kid is a winner and that's something you cannot knock.

Russel will probably be the 1st QB taken in this years draft. Just like last year with Vince Young and Matt Leinart, everyone thought leinart was going to be the 1st QB taken. But Vince Young stole the spot light in the National Championship. Russel stole the spot light last night. That doesnt mean that Quinn falls 10 spots, I see the Raiders drafting Russel and the Lions drafting Quinn.

Everyone wants to draft Russell but no one is realizing that we already have a Jamarcus Russell, his name is Dante Culpepper. I watched Russell and he plays alot like Culpepper minus the running ability.

and what exactly makes you think he doesnt do those things?

what makes you think Quinn or Brohm doesnt have trouble reading defenses and making good and fast decisions?

Every NFL QB has trouble reading defenses at one point or another. Some just have more trouble than others. I will say that Quinn is overrated and IMO will only be successfull in the right system.

and what exactly makes you think he doesnt do those things?

what makes you think Quinn or Brohm doesnt have trouble reading defenses and making good and fast decisions?

because when he plays decent defenses his game turns to $hit, heres his stats from the only decent defenses he faced

OpponentScore QBRatCompAttPctYdsY/ATDInt RushYdsAvgTD SYdsL

@AuburnL 3-7 81.7 20 35 57.1 269 7.7 0 0 4 14 3.50 11

@FloridaL 10-23 51.7 24 41 58.5 228 5.6 1 3 4 19 4.8 0 11

@TennesseeW 28-24 79.3 24 36 66.7 247 6.9 3 3 7 71 10.10 110

now sure hes got a great arm and hes big. but when his team isnt 10x better than the outher team he disappears

because when he plays decent defenses his game turns to $hit, heres his stats from the only decent defenses he faced

OpponentScore QBRatCompAttPctYdsY/ATDInt RushYdsAvgTD SYdsL

@AuburnL 3-7 81.7 20 35 57.1 269 7.7 0 0 4 14 3.50 11

@FloridaL 10-23 51.7 24 41 58.5 228 5.6 1 3 4 19 4.8 0 11

@TennesseeW 28-24 79.3 24 36 66.7 247 6.9 3 3 7 71 10.10 110

now sure hes got a great arm and hes big. but when his team isnt 10x better than the outher team he disappears

those are better #s then Quinns #s agaisnt above average defenses and a good defense.

Michigan 24 of 48 234 yards 50% 3 TDs 3 INTs
USC 22 of 45 275 yards 49% 3 TDs 0 INTs
LSU 15 of 35 148 yards 43% 2 TDs 2 INTs

:rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom