Votes: 8 12.5%

Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Randy Mueller say that he didn't like to draft quarterbacks in the first round? He's never had to draft a quarterback in the first round, but I'm just curious as to when he said that he didn't like to use first round picks on quarterbacks?

KB21 said:
When did Randy Mueller say that he didn't like to draft quarterbacks in the first round? He's never had to draft a quarterback in the first round, but I'm just curious as to when he said that he didn't like to use first round picks on quarterbacks?

his history tells us he doesn't

dolfan3431 said:
We have to stop counting on drafting cutler he may not be there when we pick and Mueller doesn't like taking QB's in the first. Besides if we keep talkin about him our secret will get out;)

What was so special about a kid from Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles drafted in the 2nd round (33rd overall) of the 91 draft? ;)

We don't really know but you can say that about EVERY QB that is coming out and have come out of the draft.

KB21 said:

Besides doesn't Saban have the final say?

SCall13 said:
A great combine doesn't guarantee anything either.

True but it can determine where they are selected. whether they succeed is another story.

Hellion said:
What was so special about a kid from Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles drafted in the 2nd round (33rd overall)? ;)

We don't really know but you can say that about EVERY QB that is coming out and have come out of the draft.
Thats why the scouts and combine are so important to getting the right qb for us if it need be through the draft. Some person from a Southern Miss might be better than the big name qb's and some of the big names might have better surrounding casts that make them look better than what they are.

G-Force said:
Thats why the scouts and combine are so important to getting the right qb for us if it need be through the draft. Some person from a Southern Miss might be better than the big name qb's and some of the big names might have better surrounding casts that make them look better than what they are.

I totally agree. It is as much a science as it is a roll of the dice.

dolfan3431 said:
We have to stop counting on drafting cutler he may not be there when we pick and Mueller doesn't like taking QB's in the first. Besides if we keep talkin about him our secret will get out;)
I'm not taking anything for granted.I just trust Saban...if Cutler's there and he takes him then great...if not that's fine too.You build a great team with players from all rounds and you can get a good QB in any round too.I'd be very happy if we could land Greenway with our top pick and get a QB later if it comes down to that.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

dolfan3431 said:

Right, and after the combine and individual workouts, there won't be ANY secrets about any player...It's not a secret we need a QB...We really showed that Gus is our savior didn't we ???

LOLOLOL

dolfan3431 said:

Damn, after that title I was hoping your post was gonna say:

HAMMER TIME!

Agent51 said:
Damn, after that title I was hoping your post was gonna say:

HAMMER TIME!

clear.gif

:banana: Can't touch this :cpatch:

dolfan3431 said:

Also, I think we have to be prepared that for similar reasons, that Cutler is available at our slot and we pass on him and take a more pressing need. I think he is over-hyped right now and a 1st round pick is to high to place on this kid.

I may feel differently after the Senior Bowl but right now, I think he is the 30's range of ranking individuals expected to be in the draft. And a possible 15th overall pick is overpaying!

Hellion said:
What was so special about a kid from Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles drafted in the 2nd round (33rd overall) of the 91 draft? ;)

Funny, thats about where Cutler should go in this draft....any higher is overpaying IMO right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom