Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
kastofsna120 said:
wouldn't surprise me at all after a good senior bowl. it looks like tennessee's jeff fisher will be coaching one of those teams, so don't be shocked

Will Jeff Fisher take his OC with him to the Senior Bowl? His OC is Norm Chow.

BTW:Norm Chow was Philip Rivers OC at NCST(for a year - I think).

Caps said:
Hopefully Boller plays well this weekend, but whether he does or not, you have to remember that Billick is coming back next season, and since he is in the final year of his contract, he knows he has to put together a good season next year to get an extension. So he pretty much has to keep "His guy(Boller)" in there not only because he'd be throwing the season away by putting a rook in there, but because he has to save some face by developing Boller into a quality starter, or else he is gone.

Caps, looks like bad news on the Boller front. After 15-36, 0 TD, 2 INT at Cleveland think Billick will be getting a new starting QB whether he likes it or not. Even if Billick is in the last season of contract, I think GM Ozzie Newsome has final say in personnel decisions. Best case is Ravens sign some Kitna type veteran as starter with Boller as backup or a realtively young McCown type thus keeping them from drafting a QB in the 1st round.

Eshlemon said:
Caps, looks like bad news on the Boller front. After 15-36, 0 TD, 2 INT at Cleveland think Billick will be getting a new starting QB whether he likes it or not. Even if Billick is in the last season of contract, I think GM Ozzie Newsome has final say in personnel decisions. Best case is Ravens sign some Kitna type veteran as starter with Boller as backup or a realtively young McCown type thus keeping them from drafting a QB in the 1st round.

Yeah, they may be looking for a new starter, or at least someone to compete, but you have to assume it's going to be a vet, Billick NEEDS to have a good year or he may never be a NFL HC again. So I don't see them taking a QB, they'll be looking for an instant starter at a need position in the first round.

I'd let Cutler compete but I think he'll need to tone the gunslinger mentality down a bit unless he wants to have Favre's current stats. The only QB IMO that can start now is Leinart.

Cutler Hype

I was watching Cold Pizza today on ESPN and both Skip and Woody had Cutler in the top 5. I also found some mocks with him very high(one #3). Maybe 3 or 4 had us picking him at #16, which is great, but ALL of them said his stock will rise. My question is: Will Saban move up to get this kid or will he stay put and go O-line or defense?? BOOMER if your out there I'd love to hear your thoughts??

If i had to make a guess at this point i would say that Saban would stay put and draft either O-line or Defense. Saban is not about trading draft picks and Meuller has the philosophy that Quarterbacks can be "found" throughout the draft. If anyone remembers he had Jake Delhome, Aaron Brooks, and Mark Brunnel on the same team. I think he knows what he is doing when it comes to QBs.

dolfan005 said:
I was watching Cold Pizza today on ESPN and both Skip and Woody had Cutler in the top 5. I also found some mocks with him very high(one #3). Maybe 3 or 4 had us picking him at #16, which is great, but ALL of them said his stock will rise. My question is: Will Saban move up to get this kid or will he stay put and go O-line or defense?? BOOMER if your out there I'd love to hear your thoughts??

If the "experts" are right and Cutler moves into the top-5 then we won't have a shot at him...no way Saban gives up that much to get up that high. There are other areas of need. Now I could see NS moving up or down a spot or two to stockpile some picks and get his guy. I love draft talk but man we've got a long way to go....:cry:

I could see us moving up by trading players, but not picks.

PhinFan0202 said:
If i had to make a guess at this point i would say that Saban would stay put and draft either O-line or Defense. Saban is not about trading draft picks and Meuller has the philosophy that Quarterbacks can be "found" throughout the draft. If anyone remembers he had Jake Delhome, Aaron Brooks, and Mark Brunnel on the same team. I think he knows what he is doing when it comes to QBs.

Although, that doesn't thrill me its probably realistic. It was brooks delhomme and bulger as I recall, but good points.

Caps said:
I could see us moving up by trading players, but not picks.

I strongly agree here. Does Madison get us anywhere?? I'd hate to lose ZT or JT. There are only a few players who i believe Saban sees as untradable if the right deal comes. We need a QB, NOW!

dolfan005 said:

I'll take a stab if you want.

As of right now Cutler appears to be a stretch even at #16. The point stands that if he puts together a good Senior Bowl showing then he could move above the #16 spot. He's likely to impress quite a few GMs with his arm and his legs, a lot like Kyle Boller did.

Nick Saban is not likely to move up to draft him. First off, Nick is not likely to move up in the first round to take anyone. Secondly, he's less likely to move up to take a QB. Thirdly, he's even less likely to move up to take Jay Cutler as that QB.

ckparrothead said:
I'll take a stab if you want.

As of right now Cutler appears to be a stretch even at #16. Do you mean he'll be top ten or it would take a great senior bowl/combine to get him to the #16 spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom