Votes: 8 12.5%

Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that excuse, no talent around him. Look at what Tom Brady does with no talent around him. Horn and Ricky/McCallister is enough talent around Brooks. If you just want to look at certain years and come up with numbers be my guest. I looked at his career numbers as a starter and they still come out to 56% completion percentage. TDs to INTs ratio is good but not great. If you want to consider a QB great then that ratio has to be 2 to 1 minimum (imo). Brooks is better than Frerotte but it's not enough of a difference for it to matter. That's enough from me on Brooks as it has nothing to do with Cutler. Feel free to rebut. I'll read it but I will not respond.

Bottom line-Nick will be working with far more information than I'll have, and the decisions and moves he's made so far have completely earned my confidence. Whoever he takes at whatever position, I will be confident it was the appropriate choice based on a very disciplined approach and significant research and analysis.

Alex22 said:
If you take 2002 and 2005 out of brooks stats he has been around 59% career

He had 2 bad years that have really dropped his average

Brooks is a great QB look at the team he has played on all these years, it amazes me his #'s are even that good, TD to INT's career 120 TD's to 84 INT's

thats pretty good

He has no talent around him other than Joe Horn what do you want him to do? oh and he has no O-line

Duece McAllister? He's injured this year, but Brooks was still poor before the injury, and the Saints did nothing before this year either. Brooks is just bad. The "he just has a bad cast" defense could be used for dozens of possible QB then, it doesn't mean we should sign them.

nick1 said:
if he doesn't take him than he doesn't take him, as long as we get our QB of the future this offseason than I'm fine with whoever he takes. Although if we take a QB I want Cutler and if not I want Chad Greenway

I agree.

I'm a little worried about Saban/Muellers judgment when it comes to QB talent, and I have a baaaaad feeling that instead of going after a stud like Cutler, they will bring in some bum like David Garrard, Casey Printers or Rohan Davey. Everyone points to Mueller having some "big success" in New Orleans for finding Aaron Brooks, but last time I checked, Aaron Brooks wasnt exactly tearing up the league. In fact, he was recently benched in favor of backup Todd Bouman. Hell, he should have been replaced 2 years ago. Not exactly an astounding success story IMO

Great write up. And people say he lacks mobility. :shakeno:

Actually that ESPN link with his game log really scares me.

Cutler was not talked about at all through 3 years at Vandy. This year it wasn't until the Florida game that people started considering him a real prospect. After Florida he only played 2 more games and has now shot up to the top half of the 1st round.

His stats for the first 8 games = 9 TD's and 7 Int's
His stats for the last 3 games = 12 TD's and 2 Int's

So those numbers look like he's been a mediocre QB who blew up during the last 3 games of his senior year, Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee. A guy making that big a move on 3 games is scary.

However, I have faith in Saban and I don't think he would be fooled into drafting a guy because of 3 games. If Saban drafts him then clearly he sees something. It will be interesting to see; will he really climb up the board and turn into a star or will he slide on draft day like Rodgers and have his team already considering other options 6 months after the draft?

caneaddict said:
Actually that ESPN link with his game log really scares me.

Cutler was not talked about at all through 3 years at Vandy. This year it wasn't until the Florida game that people started considering him a real prospect. After Florida he only played 2 more games and has now shot up to the top half of the 1st round.

His stats for the first 8 games = 9 TD's and 7 Int's
His stats for the last 3 games = 12 TD's and 2 Int's

So those numbers look like he's been a mediocre QB who blew up during the last 3 games of his senior year, Florida, Kentucky, and Tennessee. A guy making that big a move on 3 games is scary.

However, I have faith in Saban and I don't think he would be fooled into drafting a guy because of 3 games. If Saban drafts him then clearly he sees something. It will be interesting to see; will he really climb up the board and turn into a star or will he slide on draft day like Rodgers and have his team already considering other options 6 months after the draft?

Ever heard of Carson Palmer, who blew up to be a top prospect only well into his senior campaign.

Maybe he is the Miami Dolphins Chrismas present in April. He was born in Santa Claus, In.

Nick knows what he's doing...if he takes Cutler he'll be fine.

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

You can't judge a QB who plays at Vanderbilt by his stats. Its not like he got a lot of help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom