Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
PhinSoldia said:
might be and BUT he is a starting calibre QB

So? It doesn't have any factor on either of my statements and but's and mights have no meaning either in a discussion. Until he proves he's a starting calibre QB he is not.

Although I don't like it I think we will sign Aaron Brooks in the off season. Mueler really likes this guy. I prefer guys who can make plays from the pocket and don't make really bad decisions. I think we will take a Qb in the later rounds as a project.

PhinSoldia said:
might be and BUT he is a starting calibre QB

He never said he isn't (though what has he done to show either way?). He only said that he was a reach, which most believe he was.

nick1 said:
if he doesn't take him than he doesn't take him, as long as we get our QB of the future this offseason than I'm fine with whoever he takes. Although if we take a QB I want Cutler and if not I want Chad Greenway
That's my order of preference too.If we don't take Cutler and Greenway's there then I'd like us to draft him...all that of course if Ngata's gone which he should be but you never know. I agree with the guys that feel Nick might just go with the best player out there and that's not a QB at 15...he could go QB in the 2nd or 3rd and we should be prepared for that....whatever Nick does is fine with me after the great draft he had last year. :dolphins:

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

I think we have to trust in Nick. He has proven to judge talent well, based on his first draft and I don't thnk he will reach for a player in the first round that does not have a first round grade in his book, just to fill a need.

Saban hasn't sold me that he understands what an NFL QB is supposed to be. However when it comes to Cutler I will trust his judgement in that he is from the SEC and Saban should have a good bead on his abilities. Personally I like the kid but if Saban doesnt I'll assume he knows something about it.

Dphins said:
Although I don't like it I think we will sign Aaron Brooks in the off season. Mueler really likes this guy. I prefer guys who can make plays from the pocket and don't make really bad decisions. I think we will take a Qb in the later rounds as a project.

Did you just say that Aaron Brooks doesnt make bad decisions???? :lol:

Obviously you have never watched a Saints game.

It doesnt scare me as much as the very real possibility of the Jets being in a position to take Bush in the first and Cutler in the second (a la the Chargers with Tomlinson and Brees a few years back). I hope Cutler either goes to Miami, or nowhere in the AFC East.

I would probably pick Cutler. If Saban didn't I would give him the benefit of the doubt for now. So, I wouldn't say he sucks or anything like that. I would probably say what I would have done, but I wouldn't say he was wrong. However, if 3 years from now Cutler is tearing up the league and we're still sifting through retreads and feeling we could be a SB team if we only had a QB like Cutler, then yeah, I'll say he was wrong. I did that when Wanny passed on Brees. I said I would have picked Brees, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I didn't blast him here or anywhere else. Three years later, I feel I was right and Wanny was wrong.

I think everyone worries to much :)

its not like we can control what the coach does..

I prefer to kick back and see what he does.

Danny said:
I like Cutler and I've said that he could be our pick if he's there and I know lots of you have said the same thing.But what would you guys say if Cutler's there and Nick doesn't take him? Would all those stupid threads about "Nick sucks" come back again? I'm with Saban regarless of who he takes....I think some people get in their minds that we have to take a particular guy(when they haven't even seen the guy play sometimes)that they think is a given that the team will take that player and when they don't pick him then everyone thinks is the end of the world.I still think that if Cutler's there we could take him...I just don't think is a given and I trust Nick to do what's best for the team. :dolphins:

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

If Saban and Mueller both pass on Cutler, then they could be right. They've got great football minds and if that's their decision then I understand and recognize it. They know what's best for the team. If they think Cutler's right and draft him, fine. If they believe Leinart's the only right option and they need to enact a trade, fine. IF they think Gus is our franchise QB, fine though I'll be a bit concerned.

Danny said:
I like Cutler and I've said that he could be our pick if he's there and I know lots of you have said the same thing.But what would you guys say if Cutler's there and Nick doesn't take him? Would all those stupid threads about "Nick sucks" come back again? I'm with Saban regarless of who he takes....I think some people get in their minds that we have to take a particular guy(when they haven't even seen the guy play sometimes)that they think is a given that the team will take that player and when they don't pick him then everyone thinks is the end of the world.I still think that if Cutler's there we could take him...I just don't think is a given and I trust Nick to do what's best for the team. :dolphins:

Ozzy rules!!

Go Italy 2006 world cup

I have obviously been a big proponent of drafting Jay Cutler, I have been pretty good at evaluating QB talent in the past, however, I don't presume to know as much about this kid as Nick Saban and Randy Mueller do.

I hope their opinion matches mine, but I trust them if they don't agree.

I think only an ignorant fan would dislike a coach soley on the basis of him not drafting the player that fan wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom