Votes: 17 26.6%

Votes: 35 54.7%

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
nick1 said:
also note that during the telecast the annoucers said he compares similiar to Brett Farve, So we aren't the only ones impressed by him

I caught that as well.

Jay Cutler = Brett Farve? That's a real stretch. Cutler is really, really good. But Farve during his Jr was a man on fire.

Lazy1 said:
I have never seen this guy play until today but let me tell you something, this guy can play. I was at the UF game and saw him in person and he is a hell of a qb. IMO he has everything you look for in a franshice qb he has mobile(enough) and has a very strong arm. If he was on a better team the talk about this kid would be through the roof. I think all in all he will end up being a 1st round pick.

I caught a little of that game on TV, I was impressed with his arm also, but I want to see more.

Jay Cutler will be this year's Jason Campbell in the draft. He will be a first round pick in April, no matter if Vince the glorified running back Young comes out or not.

He was on fire... id like him.... hes a guy that probably will move up to first round after his workouts... gator fan here... i dont know how we won that game...

nick1 said:
also note that during the telecast the annoucers said he compares similiar to Brett Farve, So we aren't the only ones impressed by him

I missed when they said that, but that's what I was thinking too. The thing is that Favre has such a big arm that it's hard to put many others in the same category, but he did show many of Favre's other tangible and intangible skills.

That was a great game. Im happy UF came out on top though both QBs plyed well.Cutler will go in the First or Second Round.

he was born the same year Marino was drafted...Sign 'em up!

Its a sign!

nolefin said:
all tied up, i swear we should use our #1 pick on this guy,

Well I've never seen him and have no idea, but it's nice to hear about another good QB. Gives us more of a chance to draft a winner. It's not a case of him benefitting from the talent around him, or a weak D? Does he usually play well? Anybody else seen him play that can shed more light?
Thanks for the thread, it's encouraging.

dolphan north said:
Well I've never seen him and have no idea, but it's nice to hear about another good QB. Gives us more of a chance to draft a winner. It's not a case of him benefitting from the talent around him, or a weak D? Does he usually play well? Anybody else seen him play that can shed more light?

I haven't seen him play other than the gator game but there has been some buzz about the guy so hes not really a nobody who had one good game, he leads the SEC in passing and has been a starter for 3 years(granted its for vanderbilt) they are a winning team right now and its largely because of cutler. The gators defense is not that great covering the pass but there by no means a bad defense and jay made them look bad last night.

dolphan north said:

Well, he plays for Vanderbilt, which is the least talented team in the SEC East, probably the entire SEC.
They Gators have one of the highest ranked defenses in the country.
Last year he won the All SEC QB award.

He is just another case of a very talented QB in a low profile school w/ very little talent to work with.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this game was in Gainesville. The Swamp is not exactly friendly to incoming QB's

Lazy1 said:
The gators defense is not that great covering the pass but there by no means a bad defense and jay made them look bad last night.

The Gators defense was top 10 in the nation coming into that game.

finswin56 said:
Well, he plays for Vanderbilt, which is the least talented team in the SEC East, probably the entire SEC.

They are much better than both Kentucky and Ole Miss.

Cutler was the preseason All-SEC QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom