Merged: Jay Cutler II | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jay Cutler II

finresurrection said:
trade 2 numer 1s for Cutler, no thanks. Not when you get Croyle in the 2nd or maybe the 3rd, or Whitehurst in teh 3rd.

Shockley, no thanks again. reports from the senior bowl practices have Shockley being the worst QB there. missing targets, weak-armed, etc. see the reports on www.gbnreport.com some are now saying he may not even be drafted he has performed so poorly at the senior bowl.
Saban is here to "resurrect" the memories of '72. history will repeat itself.

rd 1 - Huff
rd 2 - Broyle
rd 3 - Stovall
rd 4 - best LB available
rd 7 - 3 Best players available

FA pickups

Peterson
Hutchinson
Have to agree with your comment about Cutler. I would love your mock in your sig. I can't IMAGINE that really happening, I just don't think Huff lasts until 16. Also, I doubt we could afford both Peterson AND Hutchinson under the cap. They are both going to get big money.
Wait, did you mean "Croyle"? Who is Broyle?

Sofa_King_Drunk said:
Here's what Pat Kirwan has to say about Cutler from observing him at the Senior Bowl-

"Quarterback Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt) has some very good skills and the potential to be a first-round pick for some teams, while one GM told me he has a second-round grade on his board. I tend to think that after watching the ball come out of his hand with very good velocity and accuracy that he will be a first-round selection. One QB coach said his feet and drops lack consistency and could damage his draft value. From what I witnessed while he was being coached by Tennessee Titans offensive coordinator Norm Chow, Jay has a chance to be a very good pro and might pass Vince Young on some draft boards."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9188685

I watched the Senior Bowl practice and Cutler had some accuracy issues it seemed to me. He couldn't hit a post route at all.

Ghetti13 said:
Mike Mayock has some significant bias in regards to Jay Cutler. He is commenting on Cutler with his heart, not his head. Lets all be aware of that.

Mayock constantly touts Cutler's arm strength and repeatedly downplays the importance of his sporatic footwork, mechanics and accuracy. My guess it that the scouts will not be so forgiving.

Don't get me wrong, Cutler has some serious physical skills. No doubt about it. But, physical skills don't win games. Accuracy, poise, leadership and decision making do.

Can Cutler theoretically go top ten? Yeah, if he proves he is a leader who is coachable and willing to improve. However, given his on field demeanor and obvious unwillingness to improve his footwork as a senior, that might not be as likely as Mike Mayock and NFL network want us to believe.

We have a long ways to go, but, it is not entirely out of the question that Cutler slips to Miami and possibly beyond on draft day.

Don't use the word bias then. Bias implies an alterior motive. Mayock does not have any reason to pump Cutler aside from because he looked at Cutler and judged that Cutler is the best QB in this draft. That's all. That isn't bias, that is just an opinion you disagree with.

this is wut rotoworld has now

Chris Mortensen is the latest to call Jay Cutler the "Best quarterback available for the NFL draft come April."
Mort says that this is the view of a growing number of NFL scouts, despite the media hype surrounding Vince Young and Matt Leinart. There is also growing belief that Cutler won't make it past Tennessee, the third pick of the Draft

Dolphins Interested in Cutler

I wasn't sure if this goes in the Dolphins or Draft section so my apologies mods if its in the wrong place. Pro Football Weekly states that Saban, Mularkey and others on the staff took Cutler out to dinner and that they are very interested in getting him. Who knows, maybe we trade up to get him. It's too early to know but I think if we don't get a free agent QB before the draft, we'll be looking to trade up
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Senior+Bowl/2005/blog06.htm

Interesting but not unusual.They probably have a QB scheduled for dinner every night.There are no realistic scenarios for the Dolphins to get Cutler unless they give up too much to move up.

We should be focusing on the second tier QBs such as Coyle who we have a realistic chance of drafting with our No 51 pick in the second round.

Other interesting prospects later on are Whitehurst and Hackney and Mc Neal.

BTW This thread does belong in the Draft forum.;)

CrunchTime said:
Interesting but not unusual.They probably have a QB scheduled for dinner every night.There are no realistic scenarios for the Dolphins to get Cutler unless they give up too much to move up.

We should be focusing on the second tier QBs such as Coyle who we have a realistic chance of drafting with our No 51 pick in the second round.

Other interesting prospects later on are Whitehurst and Hackney and Mc Neal.

I think Croyle might get a dinner but Whitehurst, Hackney and McNeal are going to have to paper bag it

adamprez2003 said:
I think Croyle might get a dinner but Whitehurst, Hackney and McNeal are going to have to paper bag it

There is a Mac Donalds close by.:tongue:

If they really like Cutler then they need to make the moves to move up and draft him. Right now we are like Pittsburgh was for years after Terry Bradshaw. It took Pittsburgh until Ben Roethsburger before they found a good qb again. I hope it doesn't take Miami 20 years to find Dan Marino's replacement.

There obviously are no sure things in the draft but after workouts, watching film etc if Saban and staff are sold on Cutler then make the move and get him.

On a side note I don't see Croyle ever making anything more than a backup in the NFL.

neuce said:
if Saban and staff are sold on Cutler then make the move and get him.

Thats good and all, but it looks like Tennessee wants to draft him and they have the number 3 pick. I really dont think we have the kind of ammo to trade with Houston or New Orleans.

Back
Top Bottom