Merged: Jay Cutler II | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Jay Cutler II

CrunchTime said:
Interesting but not unusual.They probably have a QB scheduled for dinner every night..;)

on slow nites they probably take bernie kosar out or maybe Guy Benjamin (old school). :goof:

This is the report

Miami Dolphins Head coach Nick Saban and his staff took out Jay Cutler for dinner on thursday to an all you can eat buffet, while no specifics are known we overheard this come out of Sabans Mouth 'Jay eat all you can, get fat, play terrible at the senior bowl, and have a terrible combine, our offseason workouts will whip you into shape' The dolphins are being investigated for 'Tampering' with the draft, This is Alex22 reporting for espn news

adamprez2003 said:
I wasn't sure if this goes in the Dolphins or Draft section so my apologies mods if its in the wrong place. Pro Football Weekly states that Saban, Mularkey and others on the staff took Cutler out to dinner and that they are very interested in getting him. Who knows, maybe we trade up to get him. It's too early to know but I think if we don't get a free agent QB before the draft, we'll be looking to trade up
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Senior+Bowl/2005/blog06.htm

i have a feeling cutler will go top ten and vince young will do the slide ... if he is available at 16 do we take vince young..???

as some other members have already stated...I really don't think its worth trading Ricky or extra picks to move up to try and get Cutler, yes I like this kid alot and would love to have him, however this draft is filled with an abundance of talent this year, and a defensive player like Huff could fall right into our laps w/out losing anything via trade and help address our other problem areas, and I'd be more than happy to settle for a QB like Croyle or Jacobs in a later round(2nd/3rd) who we can groom behind a Vet....

Would love for Mule&Saban to draft him but, I heard AJ Smith in the senior bowl say that he is not trading Rivers and is open to offers for Brees.
would love for Mule make some offers for Brees if his injury isnt similar to Penningtons

HelloMotto said:
i have a feeling cutler will go top ten and vince young will do the slide ... if he is available at 16 do we take vince young..???

If Cutler or Young is available at 16 you should be VERY VERY happy

I love Young, and I like Cutler a lot

Alex, your cooling off. Only 63 posts a day now :)

HelloMotto said:

I would take Young. He's probably a 3 year project though. He reminds me of McNair a little. I think the problem we face is it looks like the QBs are all gone by the 5th pick or so. I think someone is going to luck into DBrickshaw at the 5th or 6th. We are going to have to package Ricky and picks to get a QB. If not I think we have to go freeagent and then draft one in the later rounds as a project

neuce said:
On a side note I don't see Croyle ever making anything more than a backup in the NFL.

The word from the Senior bowl is that he has impressed sufficiently to be considered a legitimate second round pick.The biggest knock on him is his frail body and questions about hisdurability.A few dinners would do him a lot of good.

Boomer said:
#12 Brodie Croyle had another quality practice, throwing strikes into the wind. Very nice play action fakes during 11-on-11 team drills. Great week of practice gets better.

Croyle likely won't be drafted at least before the second round. Injury concerns are a question with Croyle, however, since he tore his right ACL in his junior year and sustained a shoulder injury his sophomore season.

The Dolphins still are interested in the senior. Croyle said he was scheduled to sit down with the staff twice - once Tuesday night and once today. One of those meetings would be with Saban, Croyle said.

Alabama coach Mike Shula said he thinks Croyle would be a great fit for the Dolphins.

"He can make all the throws," Shula said. "He has a real good feel for the game, good touch and great accuracy. He's going to be well prepared. He's got intangibles that are hard to coach."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/01/25/a1c_fins_0125.html

He may be our guy in the second.

Whats the chance of this happening and would you do it?

As we have heard it seems that jay cutler is the best pro prospect instead of leinart or young.now chow is working with cutler so there is a possibility of the titans drafting him.now leinart probably is going to the saints unless they choose young.now if the saints took leinart,and the titans took cutler would you trade up for young and what are the chances of this scenario happening?

Very possible it could happen. Personally, i wouldn't trade up for Young. He's not the type of QB I want. I'd rather stay put, draft someone that will make an immediate impact, Huff, Williams, etc. and take Croyle in the 2nd or 3rd.

heres my opinion.i have been learning alot lately on how you can tell which QB will exceed and which one will fall.You have to watch them in the college season of course but it all comes down to it after the season.the senior bowl practices,so far croyle and whitehurst have been suprising me,then the combine.if the QB plays really well in all and his stock moves up then thats a sign of a good QB,but if he doesnt do so well and he is starting ot fall, then dont take a chance.i know it sounds kindof obvious but whatever.

dorsaroll156 said:
heres my opinion.i have been learning alot lately on how you can tell which QB will exceed and which one will fall.You have to watch them in the college season of course but it all comes down to it after the season.the senior bowl practices,so far croyle and whitehurst have been suprising me,then the combine.if the QB plays really well in all and his stock moves up then thats a sign of a good QB,but if he doesnt do so well and he is starting ot fall, then dont take a chance.i know it sounds kindof obvious but whatever.

I see your point,but it's not that simple.I wish it was though.Just look at Tim Couch,Akili Smith,Joey Harrington.All of them were drafted in the top 3,Two of them are out of the league,and if Harrington didnt play for the Lions,he might be sitting with Akili on Tims COUCH!!

Back
Top Bottom