MERGED: Jets Release Coles | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets Release Coles

If that was the case why would he agree to walk and lose that $6 mil? He was let go b/c he wants a long term deal and he obviously thinks he can get more than $6 mil.

Dude NY has the highest State Income Tax rate in the country. Florida has no State Income Tax. What you're missing is, he could probably sign a long term/less money deal in Florida and still walk away with more after tax dollars.

Plus he LOVES Penny!

Any reason why everyone is very open arms with this guy?

Is the Pennington/Coles tandem going to be for real?

I hope so....would be a great pickup! Just Like Pennington was. He already knows the east teams which is a plus.

True

With Parcells' knowledge, signing the ex-Jets is like taking off a band aid.
It stings at first, but it works out for the best.

You guys aren't getting him cheap. He was let go because he wants money... He wants a long term deal and the Jets aren't willing to pay him one because he has injury issues right now. He has had multiple concussions, so they are nervous. His play also has dropped off.
It must suck to have to root for Vernon Buston.

I mentioned getting Coles a month or so ago. I thought they might cut him but I thought it was more like a 9 mill cap hit. Oh well I think he only agreed so he could get out of there. Clemens is terrible. But if we sign Bodden/McFadden, Brown , and, Coles along with our draft picks we could be good.

We won't overpay for him. Not this front office, and not with the draft being so deep in receivers. I like Coles and all, but I just don't see it happening.

He's breaking down. Like I said in another thread. Underrated in his prime. He has good hands and is a good route runner but he isnt anything special. He's a solid WR. He complains a lot though.

If I had to play for the Jests I'd complain a lot too!! All we're looking for is a solid vet wr. He fits the bill nicely. Can't believe I'm going to have to thank the Jets again.

If I had to play for the Jests I'd complain a lot too!! All we're looking for is a solid vet wr. He fits the bill nicely. Can't believe I'm going to have to thank the Jets again.

Yeah cause thats why he's complaing.......

If your looking for a solid vet he fits your bill. Solid player on the downside of his career. Him being reunited with Pennington will be a good thing for both of them.

Dolphin fan here in NY - Coles is known as a whiner by most Jets fans.

He also will not come cheap - but he is better than any other WR we currently have on the roster.

He is a bit of a whiner but he will give 100% and produce when healthy. He has been banged up over the past couple seasons.

LOL at most of the reactions in this thread. Easy. :lol:

It'll be interesting to see how they plan on replacing him. We don't really have much WR depth to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom