MERGED: Jets Release Coles | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets Release Coles

L. Coles reunited with Penny

Per ESPN article http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3934737 they imply that L. Coles 2009 contract is $6Million guaranteed. I read somewhere else it decreases by whatever club signs him in the future. Can you imagine L. Coles catching a TD pass against the Jets and the Jet's paying L. Coles contract this year.... :chuckle::thanks:Jets

man u need to put, what if or something . . . man I got happy as hell for a second . . . I thought Coles was a Fin lol

I would love to see us grab L. Coles and have him torment the Jets, like he has done to us a few times. Looks like we are battling with the Jets over Bart Scott.

Per ESPN article http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3934737 they imply that L. Coles 2009 contract is $6Million guaranteed. I read somewhere else it decreases by whatever club signs him in the future. Can you imagine L. Coles catching a TD pass against the Jets and the Jet's paying L. Coles contract this year.... :chuckle::thanks:Jets

He gave up that guarantee to test the market. The Jets owe him nothing.

I mentioned getting Coles a month or so ago. I thought they might cut him but I thought it was more like a 9 mill cap hit. Oh well I think he only agreed so he could get out of there. Clemens is terrible. But if we sign Bodden/McFadden, Brown , and, Coles along with our draft picks we could be good.

Why is Clemens terrible? he hasn't really had a chance and the one seasn he played he played as well as Chad pennington in 2007. remember, we had a brutal OL and you saw the difference in Chad w/ Miami's revamped OL last year and Clemens(who won more games than Chad 2 years ago) will have a chance w/ a revamped jets OL.

I don't believe it matters or you'd be seeing signings already i.e. Bodden who's contract was terminated.

Signings like Gibril Wilson to the Dolphins?? :chuckle:

As I said.....midnight tonight matters not to players who have been cut, only to players who's contract is expiring.

Back
Top Bottom