MERGED: Jets Release Coles | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets Release Coles

Sometimes guys squawk about money because they want out. Not saying that's explicitly the case here, but it could factor in if he has questions about where he stands with the new Jets' regime. I'd love to see him in Miami, but his most likely role for us is as a WR mentor and "move the chains" guy. How much do you pay guys like that? Not as much as they want, most of the time. Maybe Pennington will weigh in and that will be enough to make the Fins pony up enough cash to make it happen.

I have to say regardless of where he ends up or how much he gets from that team, I question his sanity in giving up a cool $6mil just to get out of NY. It was a heck of a gamble on his part.
He will make at least $6 mil a year by whoever gets him. Yes its about the money, he left us once for the money. He wants a long term deal right now because of his injury concerns. He wants to be paid like a #1 target even though he isn't anymore. He wants a 6 yr deal, I heard a around $35 mil.

He actually would probably like the new HC more then Mangini, players didn't like the way Mangini communicated with players. Ryan so far has players excited, he told LC straight up that the Jets are not renegoiating any veterans contract. LC said that Ryan was very upfront and honest, they let him go for him to get that long term deal. The Jets aren't out of it either, he may return but noway for a long term. They will just draft a burner at WR, hopefully Darius Heyward-Bey so we have someone to stretch the field, and we always have a solid possession WR in J-Co on the team who can rack up 1,000+ yards. Chansi Stuckey was awesome last year in limited role too, he has the best hands on the Jets probably. He will be a big player next year, and of coarse Dustin Keller will get a larger role.

BREAKING NEWS THE MIAMI DOLPHINS HAVE RESIGNED CHANNING CROWDER TO A MULTIYEAR CONTRACT, DETAILS ARENT AVAILABLE YET. Coles would be a good veteran presence for our WRs, SIGN HIM!

Wow everyone wants Coles. I guess I am the only one who thinks we are fine with Bess and Ginn.

Check Parcells track record as a GM in charge of drafts, it's not very good and it was terrible from 1997-1999 then in 2000 all of a sudden we have a great draft- coincidence? I don't think so.

I guess if things don't work out for Ryan they could always bring back the genius Groh.:up:

You guys aren't getting him cheap. He was let go because he wants money... He wants a long term deal and the Jets aren't willing to pay him one because he has injury issues right now. He has had multiple concussions, so they are nervous. His play also has dropped off.
Wrong. He was let go because the Jets don't want to pay him 6 mil.

He may want money but he can't negotiate during the middle of a contract. Jets fans will say anything to save themselves the embaressment their franchise has caused them for years.

NFL network just said Coles restructured his deal so he could become a free agent which means we would not be able to sign him untill free agency begins.

Wow everyone wants Coles. I guess I am the only one who thinks we are fine with Bess and Ginn.

Its not that Im not ok with Bess and Ginn, its just that they need a veteran presence at WR and it will make them better. Coles will also make Pennington better. DID NO ONE SEE MY POST ABOUT THE DOLPHINS RESIGNING CROWDER!!!

Wrong. He was let go because the Jets don't want to pay him 6 mil.

He may want money but he can't negotiate during the middle of a contract. Jets fans will say anything to save themselves the embaressment their franchise has caused them for years.

If that was the case why would he agree to walk and lose that $6 mil? He was let go b/c he wants a long term deal and he obviously thinks he can get more than $6 mil.

I wouldn't mind as long as he here to give us information.
And helping with the young receivers.
Man, I hate rooting for ex-Jet players...

this might be the BEST offseason of our Miami Dolphins! if we can get Coles and just focus on C.Brown in FA i honestly think we can be deep into the playoffs next dec-jan! we can focus on getting our monster NT and drafting cb/olb!

If that was the case why would he agree to walk and lose that $6 mil? He was let go b/c he wants a long term deal and he obviously thinks he can get more than $6 mil.
He is under contract. His thinking how much he can get has no bearing on the fact that he was under contract.

Why would the Jets cut somebody under contract unless it is to save money against the cap? If Coles is under contract all he can do is play and not be happy about his financial status. Boldin is going through that now.

Back
Top Bottom