MERGED: Jets trade for Lito Sheppard | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets trade for Lito Sheppard

Wow. Jets just didn't learn anything from last year, did they ? Are they going to have any draft picks left if they keep trading them all away for a 1-2 year player ? Keep it up! We'll gladly keep taking all the good young players and be solid for years to come!!!
:lol2:
lol... you're a joke.

a 27 year old two-time pro bowler is a 1-2 year player? Speaking of good young players, Tannebaum has done a very good job drafting, so you might want to reconsider that statement.

And here are the details:

nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/jets-extend-sheppards-contract.html

• Technically, there's no guaranteed money in the contract. Sheppard will make $3 million this season, the same he would've made with the Eagles.

• In March, 2010, there's a $10 million option bonus. If the Jets decide to pay it, a new four-year, $27.2 million kicks in.

• If Sheppard is injured and misses considerable time, the Jets can get out of the deal after one year and they wouldn't owe the Eagles a draft pick in 2010. If that's the case, all it would've cost them is a fifth-round pick in the '09 draft. One person familiar with the deal said it could amount to a "one-year test drive" for the Jets.

• The conditional pick in '10 can rise to a second-rounder, but only if he hits an 85% playing-time plateau AND receives the four-year extension. And if that does happen, the Jets would get a fifth-rounder back from the Eagles.

• If Sheppard makes 85%, but doesn't receive the extension, the Jets would owe a third-rounder to the Eagles and would recoup a fifth rounder.

• Obviously, there are a number of different scenarios, and I won't bore you with them, but this is the essence of the trade. Bottom line: If Sheppard stinks, it'll be a one-year deal for $3 million and would cost them a fifth-round pick. If he becomes a full-time starter, the Jets probably will have to give up a second- or third-rounder in addition to this year's fifth and they'll have to pay him roughly what this year's top cornerback free agents (the Colts' Kelvin Hayden and the Ravens' Domonique Foxworth) received on their just-signed deals.
Sounds like a pretty good deal. I like the no guaranteed money part.

lol... you're a joke.

a 27 year old two-time pro bowler is a 1-2 year player? Speaking of good young players, Tannebaum has done a very good job drafting, so you might want to reconsider that statement.

You've never seen Lito Sheppard play if you think he's actually worthy of being a pro-bowler.

The scariest part is Rex Ryan scheming with these two. He will get after the QB which will pressure the QB and they will be jumping routes.

Its not so scary once you realize the guy has never had to put in full time as a head coach and not a mastermind of a defense. If anyone is scared of Lito Sheppard for 6 mil/year, you might as well just write them up as paper champions for the second straight year! :rimshot:

And here are the details:

nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/02/jets-extend-sheppards-contract.html

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I like the no guaranteed money part.

And what does this really tell ya in the long haul? That the Jets are just offseason attention whores who have to take Brett Favre' off the attention wires.

I mean really, as if Lito Sheppard is going to be all that.

And what does this really tell ya in the long haul? That the Jets are just offseason attention whores who have to take Brett Favre' off the attention wires.

I mean really, as if Lito Sheppard is going to be all that.

If Sheppard played for the Fins he would be HANDS DOWN your #1 corner.This guy is a very good man-to-man corner playing in a system he will absolutely shine in this year.He also is our #2 corner as Revis is going to be the #1,so he will play every teams second best wide out.This was a very good move and makes the Jets defense scary good.

Back
Top Bottom