MERGED: Jets trade for Lito Sheppard | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Jets trade for Lito Sheppard

That is an absolute steal for the Jets who are having a very nice off season for themselves.

Too bad they are going to score points like Dane Cook gets genuine laughs... (not good)

jets selling their draft. Its ok with me. Lito is not all that any more than anyone else. He may fit well in their scheme, but guys like this are ussually here and then gone in a couple of years. Just like Dockery in Buffalo.

That's a 5th this year AND either a 2nd, 3rd, of a 4th depending on playing time And a new contract. I like Lito and despise the Jests so I hope he plays a LOT and does not do so well, especially against us.

He will be gone in two years. thats how i look at it. He is no long term answere and they are selling their draft and have been the last few years.

Now if only Brett would change his mind once again and say he is now a Jet for one more year! C'mon Brett! We love you!

jets selling their draft. Its ok with me. Lito is not all that any more than anyone else. He may fit well in their scheme, but guys like this are ussually here and then gone in a couple of years. Just like Dockery in Buffalo.

ya but we all wanted him...

lito is always hurt he is no good

lito is always hurt he is no good

we always sit here and make excuses when someone else signs a player we want and/or need.. bottom line here is there is really no optimistic way to look at this.. he is a huge upgrade to the jets that we could have used... the jets only traded a 5th round pick for him and a conditional pick for next year that prob covers the injury problem.. this really upsets me and i hope our FO knows what they are doing because right now we are not any better than we were last year..

Hes just a name... Not a man coverage corner more of a zone coverage guy... Wouldnt fit here anyways...

we always sit here and make excuses when someone else signs a player we want and/or need.. bottom line here is there is really no optimistic way to look at this.. he is a huge upgrade to the jets that we could have used... the jets only traded a 5th round pick for him and a conditional pick for next year that prob covers the injury problem.. this really upsets me and i hope our FO knows what they are doing because right now we are not any better than we were last year..
Do you really think the FO would have traded two draft picks for a player who missed eight of 32 games between 2006 and 2007 but not only lost his starting job when the Eagles signed Assante Samuels but also the nickle spot because he just wasn't getting the job done. Maybe Sheppard needed a change of scenery to regain his pro bowl form but, IMO, that price is too high for a team that is still rebuilding. If Sheppard was a free agent my view on this would have been different because it would not have cost us any draft picks for a player with an extensive injury history.

Back
Top Bottom