Merged: Just re-sign Nails already.../Why No Nails? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Just re-sign Nails already.../Why No Nails?

why would we want him back? last year our OL was our biggest problem, and we are talking about bringing guys back? if they are going to do housecleaning, they need to stick to their guns, and bring in better players. If we bring back all the same guys, (minus the new James), then we aren't replacing the OL are we???

Re: Why No Nails?

Originally posted by finsrclowns
I understand Jamie Nails has been a LG and that's Jeno James position. I also understand Nails was bothered with an ankle injury last year. That being said, with Todd Perry released why not resign Nails and move him to RG? IMO Nails is a pretty solid player when healthy but from what I read it looks like the fins are not interested in re-signing him. Please tell me why.

Remember years ago, when Jimmy Johnson became head coach of the Dolphins, and he chose not to re-sign free agent CB Troy Vincent, or free agent DL Marco Coleman? The media asked him why in the world would he not want to resign Miami's best two defensive players. Jimmy replied:

"How good was the defense last year?"

Well, for those who ask why we don't re-sign Nails:

"How good was the offensive line last year?"

If Nails would play for the minimum, I could see him returning. Otherwise... thanks for one good season, and best of luck to you, Jamie.

Originally posted by finsrclowns
Any serious replies?

The talk is not his achilles, it is that he has bad knees and they are not going to get better. Never going to be the explosive blocker we say a couple years ago. Remember, no team has had a better chance to evaluate him then us.

Nails is about done.

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
ever since his injury, he's never been the same. Slowed down quite a bit.

Yes...that's the problem with him...but in 2002 he was our best O-Lineman...no doubt. When he got hurt at the end of the Raiders game...he never got back to his 2002 form in 2003. He had a bad injury...what he had may take 2 years to be fully recovered. I would not mind brining him back for the vet. minimum or a cheaper contract based on playing time...but who knows!!!

Go Fins!!!

Originally posted by LandlockdFinFan

When he did get healthy, he didn't stay that way. I think he has an eating condition (understatement of the day).

That's not really true. When he got injured, that was a freak occurance. And while he recovered, he didn't gain any weight. Maybe 10 lbs. And that's a TOUGH thing to do when you can't run or walk. Especially for a man his size.

He's kept his weight under control for two years now. But it might all be for not because he might not ever be the same player again.

So he hurt his ankle, he has bad knees, he has an eating disorder and his best days are behind him. Other than that he's in great shape. Did I leave anything out?

Back
Top Bottom