Merged: Marcus Vick | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Marcus Vick

phinfan2003 said:
I think you can get away with that in some parts of the country especially in the parts where there are more cows than people. :escape:

:lol:
Well in my part of the country you can't.
We have more rats then people!:tongue:

This guy seems worse than Clarett. Only team I'd figure who'd pick him up with a late round flier is his brother Michael's team, who is incidentally interested in their mutual cousin Aaron Brooks. Family ties and a HC who thinks he can turn him around are all Marcus has for him.

phinfan2003 said:
No need to get testy dude. I see you're from VA but this wasn't an indictment on VT and their dealings with their athletes (although ironically, this was the subject of criticism on ESPN radio the other day). The fact that he's the brother of Michael Vick, arguably the most famous person to attend VT, who donates millions to the school and has a building named after him there (from what I hear on ESPN. I've never been there so I couldn't tell you) its going to afford him "opportunities" that you or I wouldn't get. If you don't think this is true, then you don't live in the same USA that I live in.
Sorry 'bout that. I'm a VT alum and the way that I interpreted your initial post just hit a nerve. But, we're cool dude.

Vick does contribute a lot to the university. And you're probably right in that he may have received some preferential treatment. But, he's also received much more scrutiny that someone with a different last name. So, maybe it all comes out as wash. I don't know.

phinfan2003 said:
I think you can get away with that in some parts of the country especially in the parts where there are more cows than people. :escape:

NO you didnt just go that route did you:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

FemaleFinFan said:
Technically speaking, they are jailable offenses. Depends on whether or not the DA/Families wish to press charges.
True. But, he was found innocent of the charges.

chuckcole said:

True. But I wonder how? Was there a trial? Or did the DA decide not to press charges, which isn't the same thing as being found innocent.

Just my curosioty (sp?):confused:

chuckcole said:

Maybe so, but a college dude having sex with a 14 year old? Not only that but the QB of the mentioned college football team. I guess things have changed since I was in school, but the guy couldve gotten any "Of Age" girl he wanted....
There is another guy in California that was found innocent of sex with minors this year... maybe you have heard of him? Hint he wears weird white gloves and njoys hanging babies out of windows.

FemaleFinFan said:
True. But I wonder how? Was there a trial? Or did the DA decide not to press charges, which isn't the same thing as being found innocent.

Just my curosioty (sp?):confused:
I'm pushing further and further off topic ... but, I would think that if the DA didn't press charges (i.e., the charges would be dropped), there wouldn't be anything on record. But, it was stated in the article that he was found innocent of the charges which implies a trial. I can't say for sure though which event happened.

azfinfanmang said:
Maybe so, but a college dude having sex with a 14 year old? Not only that but the QB of the mentioned college football team. I guess things have changed since I was in school, but the guy couldve gotten any "Of Age" girl he wanted....
There is another guy in California that was found innocent of sex with minors this year... maybe you have heard of him? Hint he wears weird white gloves and njoys hanging babies out of windows.
Wow, that's a pretty far stretch.

The girl stated that she was older (18, I believe). Now, I know that you've seen 15-year old girls (it was 15, not 14) that look older. Yeah, he might have been able to get any "of age" girl, but he thought that he did.

chuckcole said:
Brandishing a weapon ... yes (I backtracked in an earlier post). The delinquency and having sex with minors was all consensual. So, for those, I would say no.

By definition sex with a minor can't be consensual. They don't have the power to consent.

Maybe he pleaded insanity by stating he was crazy about her...Booooo

Back
Top Bottom