Merged: Matt Leinart | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Matt Leinart

WTF dude leinarts arm is not crappy...hes actually shut down all the doubts about his arm strength this year. Also if anything his draft stock has improved from last year its not nessecarely the winning its his poise and leadship in the pocket, what ken dorsey did was hand off to amazing running backs like clinton portis and willis mcgahee and let them do all the work. Ken Dorsey could never throw the ball on 4th and 15 and get 60 yards like Leinart did in that game against notre dame ;)

Buddwalk said:
WTF dude leinarts arm is not crappy...hes actually shut down all the doubts about his arm strength this year. Also if anything his draft stock has improved from last year its not nessecarely the winning its his poise and leadship in the pocket, what ken dorsey did was hand off to amazing running backs like clinton portis and willis mcgahee and let them do all the work. Ken Dorsey could never throw the ball on 4th and 15 and get 60 yards like Leinart did in that game against notre dame ;)

It was 4th and 9 :fire:

Buddwalk said:

Dorsey step back and hand it to those guys?

What about leinart stepping back and handing it to reggie bush? and lendail white?

Alex22 said:
Dorsey step back and hand it to those guys?

What about leinart stepping back and handing it to reggie bush? and lendail white?

Other than the fact that he is 4th in the nation in passing yards.

finfansince72 said:
NFL Scouts arent that stupid. You dont know something they dont know. Theres no way a untalented Qb that was a product of a system or the players around him like Dorsey would be touted as the number one player in a draft. Cmon, thats just being ignorant. You can hate on Leinart all you want but he is on a completely different level than Dorsey. Just look at them, Dorsey was a stick figure in shouldpads with little talent, Leinart has the size, smarts and tools it takes to win in the NFL. Comparing Dorsey to Leinart leaves your credibility to talk about prospects in severe jeopardy, thats just dumb.

I didnt say dorsey should be a #1 pick

or

Leinart should be a 7th

I said they were the same type of QB not equally talented

leinart will be a bust though, just wait, or maybe not a bust, but not a great NFL QB

ether79 said:
Other than the fact that he is 4th in the nation in passing yards.

And you dont think that has anything to do with the fact that teams respect their running game and put 8 in the box against them?

Alex22 said:
And you dont think that has anything to do with the fact that teams respect their running game and put 8 in the box against them?

And Bush and LenDale White are still 3rd and 16th in rushing yrds. I think that anyone who watches or has watched Leinart play and then compares him to Dorsey doesn't know what to look for.

ether79 said:
And Bush and LenDale White are still 3rd and 16th in rushing yrds. I think that anyone who watches or has watched Leinart play and then compare him to Dorsey doesn't know what to look for.

Anyone will look good when their RB can put up over 500 all purpose yards in the game

and again read my post, Im not comparing them im saying they are the same type of player, their strengths and weaknesses are the same, even though leinarts strengths are stronger than dorseys

leinart is a far better player, but he will lack the arm strength to be a great NFL QB

ether79 said:
And Bush and LenDale White are still 3rd and 16th in rushing yrds. I think that anyone who watches or has watched Leinart play and then compares him to Dorsey doesn't know what to look for.

You just proved my point more also

They still run with 8 men in the box, the defense is so zoned in on the run it gives leinart far more open plays downfield

Alex22 said:
You just proved my point more also

They still run with 8 men in the box, the defense is so zoned in on the run it gives leinart far more open plays downfield

But according to you he doesn't have the arm strength to get it downfield. I'm done defending Leinart, his career will speak for itself. I just hope there would be 14-16 GMs before our pick that think exactly like you. Sadly there won't be 1.

Now I'm not a Leinart fan, but you GOTTA be kidding me. Comparing him to Ken freaking Dorsey????? :rofl3:

No one will ever take your posts seriously again.

SpeedRush99 said:
Now I'm not a Leinart fan, but you GOTTA be kidding me. Comparing him to Ken freaking Dorsey????? :rofl3:

No one will ever take your posts seriously again.

I didnt say leinart was only as good as ken dorsey

No **** leinart is better

if you read anything i wrote you would know I said their strengths and weaknesses are the same type leinarts strengths are more and weaknesses are less

if you would read into what im saying rather than riddecule it you might learn something, or better yet read it right

Alex22 said:
I didnt say leinart was only as good as ken dorsey

No **** leinart is better

if you read anything i wrote you would know I said their strengths and weaknesses are the same type leinarts strengths are more and weaknesses are less

if you would read into what im saying rather than riddecule it you might learn something, or better yet read it right

I did read what you wrote. Don't try and back your way out of what you said now just cause everyone jumped on you. You compared the two, plain and simple.

Yeah compared them in the these ways

said they both had below average arm strength and were guys who relied on accuracy and smart decisions at the college level

also said that I wasnt saying Dorsey should have been a #1 pick, or that leinart should be a 7th rounder, i just used it to explain that a great college QB doesnt need NFL lever arm strength and can succeed in college and not be a great pro player

Back
Top Bottom